+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair transplant at age 20

Are there any surgeons that would perform a hair transplant on someone as young as 20?

I suspect that this wouldn't be wise on my part since I can continue to use hair. However, this is the time of my life that my appearance is that most valuable to me.

I don't want to get put on drugs that are expensive and have side effects only to find out that my hair doesn't grow back.

What is difference between someone who is 20 and still loosing hair and someone who is 35 and still losing hair?

age is irrelevant since hair loss in unpredictable and both of these cases could end up nw6

Do you have 20000$ saved for the next 10 years? Because you're going to need multiple transplants if you chose this path. There is a risk for shock loss for the remaining hair.

I'm having my first hair transplant in February at 24 years old. The difference is that I'm already completely bald. I'd advise you to wait to be at least NW5 to do have a hair transplant. It may sound harsh but very few surgeons would accept to operate on a 20 year old.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Exclamation

Recession,
    Being that you are at the age of 20, I dont believe you would be considered a 'good candidate' for hair transplant surgery by most QUALIFIED and respected surgeons at this time, my friend.
    Of course it all depends on individual patient circumstances. How would you categorize your hair loss to be?
    What Norwood scale?

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Do you have 20000$ saved for the next 10 years? Because you're going to need multiple transplants if you chose this path. There is a risk for shock loss for the remaining hair.

I'm having my first hair transplant in February at 24 years old. The difference is that I'm already completely bald. I'd advise you to wait to be at least NW5 to do have a hair transplant. It may sound harsh but very few surgeons would accept to operate on a 20 year old.
    I guess it would be easier and cheaper to just live with it. I've been using Nizoral 1%for almost a year now, and I'm going to ask a doctor to give me a prescription for Nizoral the 2% version. I'm also working out more. Maybe if I have the body I want, not having the scalp I want will be less significant.

I'm NW3 now by the way. Maybe in a few years when I have more money and my hair loss stabilizes I'll look into the transplant.