+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 18 and a Norwood 2, what could this mean? Please help!!!!

Hey,

I'm a 18 and currently a NW2.

I can see my scalp under very bright lighting, but aside from that I have coarse, thick but dry dark hair.

My left temple literally looks like a NW1.

But my right temple is definitely much further back with thinner hairs.

ALL Men on my MOTHER'S side lose their hair in this pattern at my age, HOWEVER they remain at a NW2 indefinitely. This is the case for literally every single man on my mother's side, aside from one uncle who's still a NW1 (lucky bastard).

My father also followed this similar hair loss pattern, but the MPB came back for him around 40.

Would I follow either one of these patterns?

Or could I be the first in my entire extended family to lose hair off the top in my late teens/early 20s?

OTHER INFORMATION:

I never shed hair
    I have no itchiness in the scalp
    I've always had a deep widows peak, but recently the right temple is much deeper.

It's not that noticeable from my typing but I am pretty f***ing worried.

I would not mind to be a NW2, even a deep NW2 just like all the men on my mothers side. I also would not mind following in my father's footsteps and becoming a NW4 at 40.

What was your experience in hair loss? Did you lose it just like another family member?

And finally, I want to refrain from taking propecia until I'm much older. I am using Regenepure since I read about it all over the internet. But do you think applying minoxidil to my receded temple only will help prevent further hair thinning?

THANK YOU all so much for reading this and I'd appreciate feedback on ANY of the topics I addressed above. If you know anything or would like to share anything at all, don't hesitate to reply.

If you can, put up a photo of your hairline. You can always block your face out .

Only way to make it is if you take propecia. Its the best thing out right now and you need it to keep what you got or slow it down. Dont listen to the side effects, you wont know if it will effect you unless you take it.

It probably doesn't mean anything.. Seriously. Slight reccesion of the hairline (NW1-NW2) is perfectly normal, and considering that your family history seems good there is nothing to worry about unless it receds further. My 13 year old brother is basically a NW2. Stop thinking about it and take a look in 6 months, if it looks worse consider using meds to stop it if not enjoy your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by iH8d0ugh View Post
    It probably doesn't mean anything.. Seriously. Slight reccesion of the hairline (NW1-NW2) is perfectly normal, and considering that your family history seems good there is nothing to worry about unless it receds further. My 13 year old brother is basically a NW2. Stop thinking about it and take a look in 6 months, if it looks worse consider using meds to stop it if not enjoy your hair.
    Thanks, I guess I never looked at it that way.

I thought once you became a NW2, NW3 was just around the corner and so on. Then again the MPB stopped at a very deep nw2 for everyone on my mothers side so i dont knpw.

So you think that if I'm headed for the skin head, I'll see a difference in 6 months? What should I look for in 6 months?

Also thanks to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic12 View Post

I thought once you became a NW2, NW3 was just around the corner and so on. Then again the MPB stopped at a very deep nw2 for everyone on my mothers side so i dont knpw.

So you think that if I'm headed for the skin head, I'll see a difference in 6 months? What should I look for in 6 months?

Honestly vic, just put up a photo of yourself with your face blanked out. Its really easy.

I say this not because I am nosy, but quite often we are left guessing and may end up giving you the wrong advice. If we can see your hairline we will have a far better understanding of what you are talking about.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Vic12 View Post

Look, like you mentioned, you have a good family history of good hair on both your parents side. This makes it EXTREMELY unlikely that you will go bald. Just take a look at your hairline again in 6 months to a year, chances are nothing more will have happened. Like I already said, a NW2 hairline is perfectly normal. Almost no one keeps a NW1 past their 20's. You should be glad, i'm turning 17 in a few months and am already closing in on NW3.. lol

I get what you mean drybone, I just don't want to put up any pictures of myself with or without my face blocked on forums.

I'm saying I have a classic NW2 hairline, with one temple receded a deeper. I know what to look for and that's all there is, and that's what I'm worried about.

iH8d0ugh, that sucks man. What do you mean by NW3? I had a look at the scale and it looks like the middle of the hairline has also receded. Is that what's happening to you?

For me and others on my mother's side the front stays the same, but the sides go DEEP man deeeeeep. There is DEFINITE hairloss on BOTH sides of my family, it's just nothing worse than a NW2-2.5 until their 40s for the unlucky ones.

If you look at a NW1 & 2 hairline from the front, they look straight, my hairline looks like an M kinda. Thnk Jude Law, just not quite as severe yet. Luckily i can still cover it up really easily and I'm doing all I can to treat it (Currently just Minoxidil, since I'm WAY to young for fin.) If you look at my posts I have posted some pics. Hopefully we'll all be cured soon...

It means in 5 years you'll be a NW3/4, welcome to the process of ageing.