+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by iH8d0ugh View Post
    If you look at a NW1 & 2 hairline from the front, they look straight, my hairline looks like an M kinda. Thnk Jude Law, just not quite as severe yet. Luckily i can still cover it up really easily and I'm doing all I can to treat it (Currently just Minoxidil, since I'm WAY to young for fin.) If you look at my posts I have posted some pics. Hopefully we'll all be cured soon...
    Yeah I saw you're pics on your other thread. My hairline is only slightly better than yours, but I also have those thin hairs I see in your pics.

Try to keep us posted on how minoxidil works for you, especially since my hair loss is really similar. I know if it does and the problem goes away for a while you probably wont be needing to come back on these forums, but even so I'd like to know how the minoxidil worked for you. I'm also thinking of starting it, since finasteride seems risky even for older guys and I just turned 18.

UK_,

What makes you think that? No one in my entire family, both sides, becomes a NW3 let alone a NW4, except for my dad who had a full head of hair up until his 40s.

I thought hair loss was hereditary. Wouldn't it follow the same pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic12 View Post
    I get what you mean drybone, I just don't want to put up any pictures of myself with or without my face blocked on forums.

I'm saying I have a classic NW2 hairline, with one temple receded a deeper. I know what to look for and that's all there is, and that's what I'm worried about.
    Hi.

Would you say you look like this?

or perhaps this

Would you say this is pretty close?

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Hi.

Would you say you look like this?

or perhaps this

Would you say this is pretty close?
    Nowhere near the first two.

The third and last one, I have to say if I buzzed my hair would be only slightly better than that, on the RIGHT temple. Like I said, my left temple is a NW1.

Also he has a widows peak/v shape. My forelock is still strong, and is more like a wide U shape. It has not receded at all.

I'm thinking about letting it go for now, take some pics and compare them in 6 months. If I notice some serious difference, I'll just take the dive and jump on finasteride.

I don't think my hair loss is rapid at all, and I can only slightly see my scalp under 4 bulbs of lighting. My hairs are maybe only an inch long though.

Are any of you on fin?

Nowhere near the first two.

The third and last one, I have to say if I buzzed my hair would be only slightly better than that, on the RIGHT temple. Like I said, my left temple is a NW1.

Also he has a widows peak/v shape. My forelock is still strong, and is more like a wide U shape. It has not receded at all.

I'm thinking about letting it go for now, take some pics and compare them in 6 months. If I notice some serious difference, I'll just take the dive and jump on finasteride.

I don't think my hair loss is rapid at all, and I can only slightly see my scalp under 4 bulbs of lighting. My hairs are maybe only an inch long though.

Are any of you on fin?
    I am on fin. I have been on it since the end of January. I have not noticed much difference since the initial shed but then that is considered to be an excellent thing

You might get some initial side effects. This is normal. If you decide you want Fin then go to the doctor and discuss it then when you go on it keep your doc in the loop.

Doing something like this at an early age is wise. I wish I had done fin at 20 years old.

I am on fin. I have been on it since the end of January. I have not noticed much difference since the initial shed but then that is considered to be an excellent thing

You might get some initial side effects. This is normal. If you decide you want Fin then go to the doctor and discuss it then when you go on it keep your doc in the loop.

Doing something like this at an early age is wise. I wish I had done fin at 20 years old.
    What side effects are you talking about and how much were you taking?

If it's lower libido I'm cool with that.

If it's no libido at all then I'm not.

And I've heard of people experience shrinkage, **** that

What side effects are you talking about and how much were you taking?

If it's lower libido I'm cool with that.

If it's no libido at all then I'm not.

And I've heard of people experience shrinkage, **** that
    Here is where it gets difficult.

Its different for everyone. You need to try it yourself. Good news is its never permanent, so if you give it a try for a month, side effects should tamp down by then. If you still have them, discontinue.

I had a 'rubbery one' and watered down semen for about 3 weeks then nothing. Libido was 90% the same. But I am older. Apparently we older guys have a much easier time with it.

But if I was your age, I would try it for a month and see. Its definitely worth it to keep your full head of hair.

Here is where it gets difficult.

Its different for everyone. You need to try it yourself. Good news is its never permanent, so if you give it a try for a month, side effects should tamp down by then. If you still have them, discontinue.

I had a 'rubbery one' and watered down semen for about 3 weeks then nothing. Libido was 90% the same. But I am older. Apparently we older guys have a much easier time with it.

But if I was your age, I would try it for a month and see. Its definitely worth it to keep your full head of hair.
    I've heard that for a very small minority the side effects are permanent. Is this not true?

And what do you mean rubbery bro. Are you saying it NEVER got hard? Either way, I'm glad to hear it cleared up.

The more time you worry about sides the less hair you have if you start.

I wanted to start doing something about my loss when it was just starting to fall out in the front, but was scared.

8 months later i have pretty noticable thinning in the front but i can sort of still hide it, and just started a few weeks ago doing treatment.

Decide what's worth it to you, taking a risk for hair or not taking the risk at all?

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    The more time you worry about sides the less hair you have if you start.

I wanted to start doing something about my loss when it was just starting to fall out in the front, but was scared.

8 months later i have pretty noticable thinning in the front but i can sort of still hide it, and just started a few weeks ago doing treatment.

Decide what's worth it to you, taking a risk for hair or not taking the risk at all?
    This. I lost potentially valuable months by not being on treatment, due to being naive and scared.

Ironically, when I finally got around to popping my first pill, my fear of hairloss subsided considerably - I was finally doing something about it.