+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr. Harris and other central US Doctors?

Hey guys,
    I had a consultation with Dr. Harris in Denver last month and he seems very credible. He has a resume a mile long. I am almost ready to schedule a procedure but thought it might be a good idea to seek input here. I know what internet input is worth, but hey everything helps.
    I had 1200 fut grafts done several years ago so I have a scar already. Dr Harris advised me that because of the existing scar, another fut would be my best bang for the buck, since I wont be buzzing it anyway. I appreciated his forthrightness in not trying to sell a more expensive fue. He suggested 1400 grafts for front, and another 1400 in crown, which sounds about right to me. Again, he didnt try to sell me too many grafts. I am 42 yrs old, BTW.
    So, I like the guy, and $5 per graft fut seems about right, doesnt it? I have the option of traveling all over central US to get the right Dr, so I just wanted to make sure he was the one.
    All input appreciated
    R

Got any pics you would be willing to share

Without seeing what you are dealing with I would say forget about the crown , for now . Don't waste grafts you may need later on.

Also , if you have the option of traveling all over central US , keep searching

Thanks dave. Why do you say to keep searching, is there something I should know about Dr Harris?
    Thanks
    R

Dr. Harris is a talented reputable HT surgeon so you will be in good hands. He is highly recommended on the major hairloss forums including this one.

There is lots of relative information at his website as well.

Although we have no idea of what you look like with your current level of hairloss, it does sound like you have realistic age appropriate goals.

Best wishes to you...
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Harris is probably one of the best out there. He's one of the modern day pioneers and has a great reputation.

Awesome guys, that is good news. I kinda had that feeling that he was good after searching awhile and talking to him.