Never let your career slip - Page 6 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 51 to 58 of 58
  1. #51
    Senior Member DannyBoyy7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    Maybe you're right.
    But I still think that he would definitely use an effective cure, if there was one. As we all would.
    So, accepting baldness just because you have no choice is denial to me.


    I accepted it because i had no choice but that dont mean im in denial...i could of easily took some pills or whatever to keep the hair i had but i didnt...so no im not in denial weirdly enough i cant see my head with hair now (others have said this to)...i have accepted it cause i was fed up of moaning and feeling down etc...ever since then i have had weight lifted of my shoulders and felt alot better "free" if you will.

  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    I accepted it because i had no choice but that dont mean im in denial...i could of easily took some pills or whatever to keep the hair i had but i didnt...so no im not in denial weirdly enough i cant see my head with hair now (others have said this to)...i have accepted it cause i was fed up of moaning and feeling down etc...ever since then i have had weight lifted of my shoulders and felt alot better "free" if you will.
    I understand what you are saying, and honestly I will try to accept it myself, if there will be no better cures in, say, 10 years.

    When we talk about pills here we are not talking about propecia - we are talking about an hypothetical single pill which could completely reverse baldness, and which any hair loss sufferer would take easily and cheaply.

    Still, I strongly feel that this kind of "embracing baldness" is always hampering the social perception of baldness and hairloss in general. We can agree it is not a disease in scientific terms, but if everybody was reasoning like this, no research on it would ever get done. If your fear is to be mocked, do not worry at all. Only insensitive people will mock you for feeling worried about a problem science can not solve yet.

  3. #53
    Senior Member DannyBoyy7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    I understand what you are saying, and honestly I will try to accept it myself, if there will be no better cures in, say, 10 years.

    When we talk about pills here we are not talking about propecia - we are talking about an hypothetical single pill which could completely reverse baldness, and which any hair loss sufferer would take easily and cheaply.

    Still, I strongly feel that this kind of "embracing baldness" is always hampering the social perception of baldness and hairloss in general. We can agree it is not a disease in scientific terms, but if everybody was reasoning like this, no research on it would ever get done. If your fear is to be mocked, do not worry at all. Only insensitive people will mock you for feeling worried about a problem science can not solve yet.




    That was my fear when i started losing my hair back when i was 16 i never really cared weirdly enough about going bald i mean sure i didnt want a horseshoe but i could shave that...i didnt care cause my dad has been balding long before i was even born i have an uncle what is bald who i saw growing up and i liked bald people on tele growing up etc so never hated or thought the look was weird etc...it was just the fear of others i was already picked on for years and really didnt want them to have more things for them to pick on me with (noone out side of banter with friends and family have said anything yet though)...thankfully at 18 i grew balls and never looked back since.

  4. #54
    Senior Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    That was my fear when i started losing my hair back when i was 16 i never really cared weirdly enough about going bald i mean sure i didnt want a horseshoe but i could shave that...i didnt care cause my dad has been balding long before i was even born i have an uncle what is bald who i saw growing up and i liked bald people on tele growing up etc so never hated or thought the look was weird etc...it was just the fear of others i was already picked on for years and really didnt want them to have more things for them to pick on me with (noone out side of banter with friends and family have said anything yet though)...thankfully at 18 i grew balls and never looked back since.
    Completely sane and normal post. I'm on no medication and will probs be Norwood 7 by the time Im 30. Does it bother me? I won't lie and say no, but I'm yet to have problems that will hamper me in terms of career, women or success due to hair.

    Be careful on a summers day, I almost caused a car crash after waxing my dome.

  5. #55
    Senior Member DannyBoyy7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Completely sane and normal post. I'm on no medication and will probs be Norwood 7 by the time Im 30. Does it bother me? I won't lie and say no, but I'm yet to have problems that will hamper me in terms of career, women or success due to hair.

    Be careful on a summers day, I almost caused a car crash after waxing my dome.


    I probably be NW7 by the time im 24 lol sometimes you just gotta laugh at these sort of things (looks like you already started so good on you)...nothing worse then worrying as we all know.

  6. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I do not understand. It's not a problem. The problem is when a student can not find a job and You are disabled(( I'm currently working as a freelancer https://freelancewriting.biz/. This work saves me from despondency. I think that the bald spot is not a problem.

  7. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    93

    Default

    I think in some cases with more women in positions of power a mans looks can make a difference. It also depends if your job is people facing, if you just code on computers all day I'm not sure how much it matters.

  8. #58
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I work as a running coach. In schools, children began to study the humanitarian disciplines. Great emphasis on literature and sports. I very often come across messages on the Internet about resources writing essays https://thewritemyessay.com/. A developed mind helps to build strategies and ways to escape faster

Similar Threads

  1. Did hair loss ruin Nicolas Cage's career?
    By itsmyhairs in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-30-2013, 05:14 PM
  2. Hair Loss has destroyed my Career, social life, and happiness.
    By FlightTL in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 04:20 AM
  3. Dr Woods career change!!No More FUE
    By didi in forum Off Topic Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2012, 03:37 PM
  4. At 25 quickly aggressive hairloss ruined my modeling career, and now my life.
    By Hairlossvegas in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Strongly considering the artificial hair route...
Yesterday 05:11 PM
Last Post By Hair MIA
Today 07:50 PM
Minoxidil Sexual side effects
03-15-2017 07:48 PM
by Xeux
Last Post By An Man
Today 01:58 PM
Thinning hair, afraid to try rogaine
09-13-2017 10:04 AM
Last Post By amariazaman
Today 10:20 AM
What do you guys think of these results? 2.99/graft
10-09-2018 09:00 PM
Last Post By amariazaman
Today 10:09 AM
Hair transplants in Turkey
06-18-2015 05:21 AM
Last Post By amariazaman
Today 09:59 AM
Hair Restoration In Turkey
03-23-2018 08:35 AM
Last Post By amariazaman
Today 09:56 AM