+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Not true. Companies do not care what you look like, unless you're a model. If you deliver results, they couldn't give a shite. It's cuz people let baldness affect their confidence to the point where their work ethic and success suffer that they get paid less.

It's all up to the individual

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGayLife View Post
    Good luck if youre balding before college evens starts and you lose tons of potential in terms of your career.

Bald men get paid less and dont receive the same positions z fact
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    Not true. Companies do not care what you look like, unless you're a model. If you deliver results, they couldn't give a shite. It's cuz people let baldness affect their confidence to the point where their work ethic and success suffer that they get paid less.

It's all up to the individual
    Avg. CEO height is 6'1.

All presidents are essentially 6'1 with great hair, at least in recent years.

Looks matter more than anything in this world. Companies would rather hire a guy with hair than a guy with no hair. To act like bald people are able to deliver better results is foolish, guys with hair can deliver the same results.

This world has too many people who are able and have hair to allow for equally able yet bald men to succeed. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGayLife View Post
    Avg. CEO height is 6'1.

All presidents are essentially 6'1 with great hair, at least in recent years.

Looks matter more than anything in this world. Companies would rather hire a guy with hair than a guy with no hair. To act like bald people are able to deliver better results is foolish, guys with hair can deliver the same results.

This world has too many people who are able and have hair to allow for equally able yet bald men to succeed. Sorry
    Most CEOs are bald or balding.

Accenture CEO:

Capgemini CEO:

Microsoft CEO:

And if you actually go for interviews with some of these companies, the interviewer if male is probably balding if he is in his 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Most CEOs are bald or balding.

Accenture CEO:

Capgemini CEO:

Microsoft CEO:

And if you actually go for interviews with some of these companies, the interviewer if male is probably balding if he is in his 40s.
    Hahahahahaha Oh Steve Ballmer. He is such a clown.

Also Jeff Bezos, head of Amazon!!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I am getting older, and as much as hairloss bothers me, I have come to realise one's career is SO IMPORTANT.

A good career, gives you:

a) respect
    b) status
    c) the ability to pay for treatments

and so on.

If you are young and balding, don't let the depression screw you up from hairloss. Rather use that anger and frustration to ball it in your career.
    Dude if I saw you on the street I wouldn't even think you ever lost a hair in your life. How possibly has hairloss negatively impacted your career or any other aspect of your life? You have an amazing head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Dude if I saw you on the street I wouldn't even think you ever lost a hair in your life. How possibly has hairloss negatively impacted your career or any other aspect of your life? You have an amazing head of hair.
    I am receeding and I think that I have some frontal thinning. Hair at the front feels less dense than the crown area.

So it still affects me mentally because I don't know how it will progress.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I definitely lost a lot of earning potential because I spent 1.5-2 years unemployed/out of school, too depressed about hair loss to do anything with myself. However I did use that time to load up on finasteride and keto shampoo....this reversed my diffuse thinning enough to feel like life was worth living again.

The f*cked up thing is, your appearance (which hair has a big effect on) can have so much to do with your success at work, even if your looks have nothing to do with your job. The world is a sick place
    I worked full time, putting myself through school. I was called the Jamaican by my freinds because I would work full time + part time, then go to school full time and do side work. I have been on my own since I was young.
    Im in a great IT job now(not my dream and honestly dont feel the desire for it anymore, always wanted to be able to go into something medical).
    Anyway, as hard as I worked, as charming as I was and good as my resume was put together, you know what got me hired? My looks (at the time).
    I was told by my crew that right after the interview my would be boss basically said "damn hes a cutie, i like him, you guys good?", and shes a lesbian.
    MY brother gets all his jobs because hes a good looking guy still. Hes a complete blithering moron, has no schooling, no drive and zero charm. He is enamored for his looks, like I used to be.

I know Im extremly down lately, Im venting, hoping I will tucker myself out, hoping it will pass, but after having to stop my fin and realizing there is nothing else I can do Ive hit bottom.

Ive lost all personal choice. My looks where the one thing I was always happy with myself about and they are gone. My dimwit bro who did nothing but goof his entire life off gets his choice, and gets to live a genuinely exciting and promiscuous life.... but hey living vicariously through your younger brother is always fun too right........ right..... uck someone hit me with their car please.

also its hard to accomplish anything at work when you use your 8 hours trying to scour the internet for anything resembling a cure.

Wish I could do my actual work but seriously this consumes me, down to the point where I do slip at work. Right now I should be setting up user profiles and closing work tickets but instead Im on here trying to find alternatives to fin, figure out when histogen might be released, where a reputable decent HT surgeon might be and HOW I can afford it besides a 401K loan.

This is destroying me little by little each day. I go int the gym and constantly want to throw a weight at the walls being covered in mirrors. I see how the vast majority of other guys there actually have full heads. I see walls of mirrors showing my thin spots at all angles.

I then come to work and search the internet for some kind of hope.

You can say dont let your career slip but its not so easy. Its a full on downward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post

I know Im extremly down lately, Im venting, hoping I will tucker myself out, hoping it will pass, but after having to stop my fin and realizing there is nothing else I can do Ive hit bottom.

Ive lost all personal choice. My looks where the one thing I was always happy with myself about and they are gone. My dimwit bro who did nothing but goof his entire life off gets his choice, and gets to live a genuinely exciting and promiscuous life.... but hey living vicariously through your younger brother is always fun too right........ right..... uck someone hit me with their car please.
    You've given up the choice to make personal choices. There's things you could do to better yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    also its hard to accomplish anything at work when you use your 8 hours trying to scour the internet for anything resembling a cure.
    Takes about 20 minutes of googling to know what treatments options there are. Might as well forget about it and get consumed by your life in a positive way.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    There's things you could do to better yourself.
    Also I have tried new things and actively trying.
    I have been trying to get into day trading and stock options. I have tons of books and online subscriptions. But again I sit down to read or go online to research and then BAM, 10 seconds in Im looking up hair loss stuff.

Trust me Im trying but its tough.