+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wanthair74 View Post
    greatjob- I met with Dr. William Parsley in Louisville, KY. and Dr. Jack Fisher in Nashville, TN.
    Dr. Parsley thought that I would benefit from Finasteride but would not prescribe unless I had my ovaries removed- he thought that should be first before a transplant because the benefit from the transplant may not be good in the long run if I still had all the hromone issues and Dr. Fisher strictly discussed doing the transplant.
    I found an endocrinologist to prescribe it to me.
    I first thought about taking it because there was 1- yes 1 medically documented case of a 45 year old woman that had some improvement with Finasteride and then had significant improvement with dutasteride.
    Is the significant improvement with DUT worth the risk?

Look into CB though, weigh *ALL* of your options possible before jumping the gun. Also look into dermarolling/wounding theory

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13420

hellouser- Thanks I will check into those options. The risk is lower with finasteride as it alters only the type 2- I think with dutasteride it alters type 1 and 2 and is more of a risk. Im hoping that finasteride works- Ive only been taking it for 6 months so I think most say 18 months is full results.

greatjob- yes Im a woman and bcus my hairloss is the same as a male it is treated that way. It took many trips to different Dr's to finally get it.

hellouser- nope Im not Tracy

Tracy- I have been on spiro and nizoral as many other women have and have tried Rogaine short term and didnt like having to apply it. What works for each person is different- I am in the 2-3% of women that have patterns of hairloss like men- probably get it from my dad. Therefore my Dr and I are treating it just like it should be treated. I am finally seeing some results. My hope is that I have enough in another year to stop wearing my topper. However, if I do not then at least I tried Finasteride.
    Do you have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?

baldozer-
    some Dr's have said that I do and some have said that I don't- I say that I do have multiple symptoms that is consistent with PCOS.

I am in the 2-3% of women that have patterns of hairloss like men-...
    So does my mother, her sisters and her nieces. Though mine did get pretty bad, it didn't look exactly like MPB. My sister's doesn't look exactly like MPB either. Kinda close but not like our moms, our aunts and our cousins. One of my cousins was misdiagnosed with PCOS. This was not the case. For us it is just a family curse.

I don't like applying Minoxidil either, but it works so I do it anyways.

There is nothing wrong with wearing a topper. I still do sometimes even though I don't really need to anymore. I have basically complete coverage now but I don't have the fullness that I once had. So I wear the topper when I want to look extra nice for an occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    So does my mother, her sisters and her nieces. Though mine did get pretty bad, it didn't look exactly like MPB. My sister's doesn't look exactly like MPB either. Kinda close but not like our moms, our aunts and our cousins. One of my cousins was misdiagnosed with PCOS. This was not the case. For us it is just a family curse.
    That is so terrible, you, your family and the op have all my empathy. I started loosing my hair right after puberty and was probably a NW 3 by the time I was 18, and it severely effected me, but I can't imagine being a woman with hairloss in a society where literally everything is telling you your self worth is based on you physical appearance.

P.s.- Glad to see you've made your way back to the men's forum a little bit. I don't always agree with you, but at least you are a reasonable person, which is not the norm in the men's forum. It's pretty much inhabited by a lot of guys with minimal loss and maximum mental issues.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Smile

Hi WantHair. Who is it in those photos ? My hair loss is close to that and I just started taking Finasteride ( over 2 weeks now) it would be great to converse with that lucky guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hi WantHair. Who is it in those photos ? My hair loss is close to that and I just started taking Finasteride ( over 2 weeks now) it would be great to converse with that lucky guy!
    WantHair is a woman, it's her in the photos

Thumbs up

OMG my apologies WantHair .. I'm at work and was viewing this thread via my iPhone ,, wasn't able to read 100% of the conversations .. Great hair improvement !!

I am at my laptop this morning and was able to view the photos up-close and much better as well as read all of the conversations too.
    While at work I was checking out the thread on my phone..my time was limited of course and because of that I mistakenly thought that there were before and after pics showing improvement due to the Finasteride use.
    My apologies once again Wanthair74 .
    Silly me.