(CB-03-01 Vehicle Research) PhD Student in Chemistry - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Default (CB-03-01 Vehicle Research) PhD Student in Chemistry

A little bit about me. I am a PhD student at a leading institution in the world. I live in the UK and have an undergraduate degree as well as a Masters in Chemistry. I am now doing a PhD also related to Chemistry. I will not disclose the institution or my thesis as I prefer to remain anonymous (as other PhD candidates know, a thesis is unique to every person).

I have been a hair loss sufferer since I was 18 years old. I am now in my mid twenties and I am a norwood 2 with medium diffuse thinning. This god forsaken disease has taken over my life and I have been lurking on hair loss forums for years and years every single night. I am absolutely disgusted that in the last 50 years there has been no advancements to this field and it is an absolute outrage that the best treatment in 2013 is an internal 5-AR inhibitor with the side effects that it entails.

I refuse to take Finasteride and at the moment I am only using Nizoral 2% which is simply not enough. I also have personal reasons not to take Minoxidil.
    After lurking for so long I am firmly in Hellousers camp. The research world simply does not take male hair loss seriously and as a PhD student I have searched the databases for journals pertaining to this field and it is a miniscule fraction. I firmly believe that were this disease to affect women that a cure would have been discovered by now. The hair loss research companies out there are simply taking the P and I am furious and disgusted at their snail pace research and the unwillingness for the research world to unite efforts to find a solution for an inflicton which affects the percentage of the male population that it does.

For this reason it is my dream to complete my PhD and set up a research group myself dedicated to curing this affliction. In the meantime I am researching into using CB-03-01 msyelf and I am taking matters into my own hands. It is an outrage and insult to us that Cosmo are starting tials on Acne treatment first as there already exist many treatments for Acne and yet once again MPB takes a back seat. I hope that Cosmo releases a commercial product for androgenetic alopecia however after being around this field for so long, as a pessimist I think something will happen to prevent that. In the instance that they do release something, it will be too late for me and I NEED TO DO SOMETHING NOW.

Therefore in my free time I am dedicating my time and research facilities to try and find a suitable vehicle for CB-03-01. Bare in mind I am a pure Chemist although I do have some knowledge in Chemical Biology also. Also please bare in mind I have just started my in depth research on this molecular compound, I shall be doing some heavy reading in the following days.

Before I start my own research I want to clarify a few things.

1) After searching and studying the CB-03-01 patent

http://www.google.com/patents/EP2503005A2?cl=en

lines #64 and #65 pertain to obtaining a pharmaceutical form. It describes this in detail so why has no one tried this?

2) If the above point 1 is negated then could I have a list of all possible vehicle research attempts by people with details of compositions and concentrations.

3) How do you guys determine if a vehicle is successful or not. Is this verified by a personal trial of the product and recording the results?

4) I am about to order CB-03-01 form 3 from Kane. Is this the best place to buy it from?

I also want to ask since CB-03-01 is a steroid and as in the medical world testosterone and steroids can be administered as a transdermal cream, is there any reason why this molecule can't be compounded in the same vehicle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxWncRr_ZFc

Finally a shoutout to Hellouser, you are my inspiration. I admire your willingness, research effort and courage in tackling this disease head on yourself and taking matters into your own hands. If more people like you existed on these forums, I'm sure we could reach a solution to this affliction ourselves as lord knows, help isn't going to come from anywhere else.

Also a shout out to Joe from Staten Island, I have watched all of the shows and you are a great source of inspiration to me and the reason I listen to it. I don't know if you will read this but if you do, know this brother that I emphasise with your pain and that your suffering is not going unheard.

I don't know which episode it was but when someone called in and asked you 'if you woke up tomorrow with a full head of hair, would you be happy?' and you replied yes; you would be able to walk on the beach and hear the birds sing and you broke down in tears.......I also broke down at that exact moment hearing you cry with tears running down my cheeks. We're all in this together brother.

Thank you, we're entirely appreciative of what you're doing.

Iron dragon will soon be selling a premixed solution of 50% propylene glycol / 50% ethanol for their CB; what are your thoughts on this?

Nice one Adam, good to hear there are guys out there like you who are intrested in the MPB puzzle. Hopefully we can crack this and make baldness an option not inevitable.

Thanks for the shout out Adam

You're right, the only people that are going to help us are ourselves. Having said that, me and another forum member, Axel, have been in brief talks about pushing forward a crowd funding initiative to sponsor current or new initiatives for hair loss and speed up this disease. Take a look at this thread, perhaps you may be interested as a contributor?

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13596

I've mentioned crowdfunding and online awareness campaigns before but nobody has ever made much of it, I'm glad Axel is on board.

Good luck with your findings on CB! I hope as a chemist you can help us out and give us some insight. If you find any information as to its safety with skin atrophy, it'd be greatly appreciated. As I'm aware steroids can and do cause skin thinning, but CB is supposed to be a milder than the most mild steroid that causes skin thinning.

Thanks Adam!!

Adam please be my brother and help me find the proper cb-03-01 vehicle . Kane is the only source for the proper form 111 cb . It was third party tested

I just had an hst and as of now I temp feel out of the woods of this huge disease. With that said its a lifelong thing so I easily might still be in trouble. Even with that said even if I was fine I would still be wanting to donate to cure this disease for anyone who has it. I'm def willing to throw down money for the right cause. I'd throw in generously...we all want this shit to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatalis View Post
    I just had an hst and as of now I temp feel out of the woods of this huge disease. With that said its a lifelong thing so I easily might still be in trouble. Even with that said even if I was fine I would still be wanting to donate to cure this disease for anyone who has it. I'm def willing to throw down money for the right cause. I'd throw in generously...we all want this shit to end.
    Keep an eye out on the crowdfunding thread. Reality is, the only people that give a shit about our condition (both the physical aspects of hair loss and mental) are ourselves. Nobody is going to help us unless we do something ourselves.

Axel has some solid ideas going, I'm sure all of us can work together to bring forward a much better treatment than fvcking finasteride.

Cheers everyone. Oh and I forgot to mention clandestine and lilpauly, you guys too are pioneers and great researchers. Theres also another guy called irishpride who is a great poster over on another forum.

lilpauly you have quite an impressive regimen lol, your hairline seems great. And Hellouser ofc I would be more than happy to contribute to eradicate this life destroying disease which people are so blasé about.

Could someone answer point 1 that I made and also whether an existing transdermal steroid delivery system has been utilised/modified for cb.

Quote Originally Posted by adam k View Post

Could someone answer point 1 that I made and also whether an existing transdermal steroid delivery system has been utilised/modified for cb.
    It says 'oil in water vanishing cream'....patent explains water is no good for a CB vehicle if I recall correctly