+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast

Why not kb solution for cb as yet we do not know what cosmo is a lotion or a cream.

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    Why not kb solution for cb as yet we do not know what cosmo is a lotion or a cream.
    You can use that perfectly fine. I don't know any argumentation why there needs to be a "special vehicle" considering the low molecular weight of CB plus that it is easy soluble and quite lipophilic. However you need to use a higher concentration than 1%, most likely in the range of 3-5%.

If you have read the full original study of cb-03-01; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15646372

You will know that it is slightly less effective than cyproterone acetate. Cyproterone acetate is like cb-03-01 a steroidal anti-androgen and quite a long time on the market. Be aware though that if the proposed pharmacokinetics are not true, cb-03-01 can be pretty harsh in terms of health. More so than non-steroidal anti androgens. Steroidal anti-androgens for instance exert a toxic effect on the cardiovascular system. So it's a risk you are taking. Obviously this won't be the case if it REALLY doesn't go systematic as proposed.

Now about why you need to use 3-5% is quite simple.

A topical, non-steroidal androgen antagonist, PSK-3841 (formerly HMR-3841 and RU-58841), is being investigated in France by Proskelia for possible therapeutic value in AGA and acne. The compound was is Phase II clinical trials as of January 2004, and was originally researched by Roussel-Uclaf and Hoechst Marion Roussel. When compared with the antiandrogenic compound cyproterone acetate, PSK-3841 exhibited a 20% increase in AR binding. This compound binds to both the ligand and regulatory domains of the androgen receptor. PSK-3841 exerts allosteric binding effects and may provide a unique mechanism of action in the treatment of alopecia.
    Although this is an in vitro assay, I think you can pretty much figure it out why 1% will never cut it for AGA. RU-58841 is as strong and most likely even stronger than cb-03-01. I don't see many cases where using 10mg RU yields results lol . Well I guess you get it by now. Roussel-Uclaf were pretty much pioneers in discovering these extremely strong anti-androgens they also discovered RU-58642 which they wanted to use for baldness too, but never got past the initial stage. Probably because it is still the most powerful anti-androgen known to date lol; http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...60076097001519. Instant castration anyone? :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    You can use that perfectly fine. I don't know any argumentation why there needs to be a "special vehicle" considering the low molecular weight of CB plus that it is easy soluble and quite lipophilic. However you need to use a higher concentration than 1%, most likely in the range of 3-5%.

If you have read the full original study of cb-03-01; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15646372

You will know that it is slightly less effective than cyproterone acetate. Cyproterone acetate is like cb-03-01 a steroidal anti-androgen and quite a long time on the market. Be aware though that if the proposed pharmacokinetics are not true, cb-03-01 can be pretty harsh in terms of health. More so than non-steroidal anti androgens. Steroidal anti-androgens for instance exert a toxic effect on the cardiovascular system. So it's a risk you are taking. Obviously this won't be the case if it REALLY doesn't go systematic as proposed.

Now about why you need to use 3-5% is quite simple.

Although this is an in vitro assay, I think you can pretty much figure it out why 1% will never cut it for AGA. RU-58841 is as strong and most likely even stronger than cb-03-01. I don't see many cases where using 10mg RU yields results lol . Well I guess you get it by now. Roussel-Uclaf were pretty much pioneers in discovering these extremely strong anti-androgens they also discovered RU-58642 which they wanted to use for baldness too, but never got past the initial stage. Probably because it is still the most powerful anti-androgen known to date lol; http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...60076097001519. Instant castration anyone? :P.
    ho swoop why not use 1% iron dragon cb and try 2mls twice a day?

Whatever happened with RU-58642 why did these things never make it through to approval?

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    ho swoop why not use 1% iron dragon cb and try 2mls twice a day?
    You could. But are they legit? Only testing will answer that for you. Would be really expensive too I think to use at such a dosage.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Whatever happened with RU-58642 why did these things never make it through to approval?
    Flogging a dead horse

Quote Originally Posted by Cob984 View Post
    Dude desmond how far is this vehicle?
    PLease tell, i used cb in eth/pg and got sides so i cant continue,
    I have lost all my patience, i am getting a hair system but i might wait for this vehicle of yours as my final attempt,

Please keep us updated here on some kind of timeline, thanks
    If you got sides, that means the CB was fricken working because ethanol and pg will definitely not cause any sides (except itching on the scalp). Moving to another vehicle will not help at all if you get sides. After all, a better vehicle will allow for more absorption which will allow for more sides.

in CB studies they used Iontophoresis to deliver the active ingredients. do you guys think that such can be accompllished at home with a machine for that purpose? or with another concept like electrophoresis? both machines can be bought through ebay. they are widelyy used in mesothrapy. searching google about electrophoresis I understood that electrophoresis opens the skin channels and deliver the ingredients to the skin through the HAIR FOLLICLE. the proble is I don't know if electrophoresis would kill the hair follicle in such a process because I haven't seen it being used in that purpose. as for Iontophoresis I didn't find much about it. if this works it would be the ultimate vehicle everybody is looking for. CB results were great with Iontophoresis. around 35% increase after one month.

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    in CB studies they used Iontophoresis to deliver the active ingredients. do you guys think that such can be accompllished at home with a machine for that purpose? or with another concept like electrophoresis? both machines can be bought through ebay. they are widelyy used in mesothrapy. searching google about electrophoresis I understood that electrophoresis opens the skin channels and deliver the ingredients to the skin through the HAIR FOLLICLE. the proble is I don't know if electrophoresis would kill the hair follicle in such a process because I haven't seen it being used in that purpose. as for Iontophoresis I didn't find much about it. if this works it would be the ultimate vehicle everybody is looking for. CB results were great with Iontophoresis. around 35% increase after one month.
    do you think something like the one in the link would work?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAPAN-SOSU-I...item27cf7b8c64

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    do you think something like the one in the link would work?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAPAN-SOSU-I...item27cf7b8c64
    Wow, if that does work as advertised, this changes everything. Not only for CB, but it will probably help with minox and ru too.