+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hey guys,

After doing a bit of research, I think I may have found the right vehicle for optimal CB-03-01 absorption. Here's the ingredients required:

1) Ceteareth-20
    2) Cetostearyl alcohol
    3) Dimethicone 200
    4) Glyceryl monostearate
    5) Methyl Hydroxybenzoate
    6) Light liquid paraffin
    7) PEG-100 stearate
    8) Phenoxyethanol
    9) Propyl Hydroxybenzoate
    10) Stearyl alcohol
    11) Water
    12) Sodium hydroxide
    13) Emu oil

These are the exact ingredients needed to get CB-03-01 to the dermal papillae where the androgen receptors reside. I'm gonna try and do a bit more digging to get exact percentages of each ingredient. Obviously, with this many ingredients involved, we need to get to this compounded by a third party (Kane, etc); but at least I'm 90% sure this will be the vehicle needed to overcome absorption problems.

Cheers,

- Desmond
    interesting stuff and clearly shows why it seems to be complicated in finding a vehicle for this stuff!

Pauly makes a good point though, is there an alternative to using mineral oil? and where did you figure out these ingredients?

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    That's for acne it's no good bro. Liquid paraffin is mineral oil and that's very bad for hair
    Are the other ingredients fine for the hair though? as then we'd only need to find one alternative

In my eyes we need a ionto machine they used 1%

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    In my eyes we need a ionto machine they used 1%
    isnt that impractical cost wise?

there's gotta be a way to do it without the machine

Thumbs up

Yeah if Mineral oil is no good we can cross it out and just add more Emu oil. That shouldn't be a problem. I'm pretty confident this formula works though. So here's the breakdown:

1) Ceteareth-20: this is the emulsifier with non-ionic surfactant properties. It will help CB dissolve better and stay in the vehicle during storage.

2) Cetostearyl alcohol / Oleyl alcohol: either of these will do as the solvent/emulsion stabiliser. I did a bit of reading on CB-03-01 properties and it seems to definitely be soluble in DMSO. DMSO is not a good solvent for long-term use and has had some possible deaths associated with its use! So after digging around a bit I thought either of these should be a decent replacement. Has anyone been able to dissolve CB in alcohol? Plz let me know asap...thx

3) Dimethicone 200: keeps the skin moist and improves absorption. A lot of topicals have this added to ensure optimal absorption.

4) Glyceryl monostearate: should help CB dissolve in alcohol and will also act as a preservative.

5) Methyl Hydroxybenzoate: is also a common preservative added. We wanna make sure these expensive batches have long enough shelf expiry.

6) Light liquid paraffin: I think Lilpauly mentioned this is no good for hair growth so lets cross this off the list. We'll replace it with more emu oil.

7) PEG-100 stearate: is a water-soluble ester found in coconut oil and is used to make sure the water phase and oil phase stay mixed together. Otherwise they separate after a few days of sitting on the shelf. You'll find this ingredient in many of the shampoos, cream, lotions , etc.

8) Phenoxyethanol: is also a preservative with bacteriostatic properties. It is generally combined with methyl hydroxybenzoate to provide a broad bacteriostatic protection againsts a range of microbes.

9) Propyl Hydroxybenzoate: is another preservative used against fungal growth.

10) Stearyl alcohol: this is not a must but may help with absorption.

11) Water: just to make it a bit more runny so we can easily apply it to scalp. The emulsifiers we used should keep it in the vehicle.

12) Sodium hydroxide: this is a chemical buffer to adjust the pH to around 5.5 (skin pH). This way our lotion wont sting when we apply it.

13) Emu oil: this is simply to increase absorption deep into the dermal layer! And is a great substitute for mineral oils which seems to be bad for hair (Thx Lilpauly for pointing it out).

I'm pretty sure that's all we need. I'll work out the concentrations this weekend and we can make the first batch ASAP

Any suggestions are welcome guys. Let's crack this beast once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    How did you find this information? Do you have any sources?
    I've been looking at what topicals treatments target the dermal papille and came across VANIQA cream. Vaniqa cream is Eflornithine hydrochloride, a topical treatment used to delay regrowth of unwanted facial hair in women. It inhibits ornithine decarboxylase which is an enzyme manufactured in dermal papillae to promote hair growth. Anyways long story short, Gillete came up with the following formula to get the Vaniqa cream deep into the dermal layer where dermal papillae reside so I'm pretty confident a similar ingredient should get CB to the androgen receptors on the surface of dermal papillae.

Thanks Desmond! Here's hoping that it works!

No worries kudu. Fingers crossed.

Btw, does anyone have access to this article? Do we know what ingredients they used to make the vehicle for the acne trial?

Oops, sorry.

This is the article in question:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21428978

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    No worries kudu. Fingers crossed.

Btw, does anyone have access to this article? Do we know what ingredients they used to make the vehicle for the acne trial?
    You can find the article here: http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com/...D-20110608.pdf I guess you'll have access to it.

At first sight, I don't think they list the ingredients for the vehicle. They do mention CB easily penetrates human skin (and refer to an article I can't find:
    Ford G. CB-03-01: in vitro dermal penetration studies. BioDynamics Research Ltd Study Report CPS ⁄01, October 2007. Data on Cosmo file ).