+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Heh. I feel exactly the same about this. The only thing I want to do is start a treatment, really. But I can't start fin yet because of my age. Some of you might know I was all enthusiastic and stuff about starting RU... Well, I guess that was just the excitement of the moment because I'm not taking RU anyday soon the way it is now.

I don't know what's worse: Seeing my hairline recede pretty rapidly and feeling my crown getting thinner and thinner or not being able to treat it because I'm too young. (Yes I can start minox but that won't do anything to actually 'treat' MPB as you all know). I'm probably seeing a 2nd dermatologist soon. I'm hoping he'll prescribe me fin because I can't take this anymore. I'm starting to get really paranoid. I've even had two anxiety attacks last week while I never had those before (for those wondering, I'm visiting a psychologist soon to get some real help.)

I just don't want to wait to my 18th ffs. You know what's funny? I think the guys who start balding in their 40's are envy the guys who have full heads of hair at the same age, the guys who are mid 30's envy the 40's, the guys in their mid 20's envy the mid 30's and the guys in their late teens envy the mid 20's... I know this sounds weird and I also know that the last thing you guys want to do is to relativate, but if you think like this it's not even that bad to start going bald at -lets say- 27. I would take your spot any day: I would have 10 years of enjoying my full head of hair and by the time I'm starting to recede, there are probably better medications out there (there HAS to be something better in 2024 right?)

I know a lot of people would think I'm a psycho b/c I want to start fin at this age, but I think that some of the guys in this thread understand the feelings I have that make me wanna do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Heh. I feel exactly the same about this. The only thing I want to do is start a treatment, really. But I can't start fin yet because of my age. Some of you might know I was all enthusiastic and stuff about starting RU... Well, I guess that was just the excitement of the moment because I'm not taking RU anyday soon the way it is now.

I don't know what's worse: Seeing my hairline recede pretty rapidly and feeling my crown getting thinner and thinner or not being able to treat it because I'm too young. (Yes I can start minox but that won't do anything to actually 'treat' MPB as you all know). I'm probably seeing a 2nd dermatologist soon. I'm hoping he'll prescribe me fin because I can't take this anymore. I'm starting to get really paranoid. I've even had two anxiety attacks last week while I never had those before (for those wondering, I'm visiting a psychologist soon to get some real help.)

I just don't want to wait to my 18th ffs. You know what's funny? I think the guys who start balding in their 40's are envy the guys who have full heads of hair at the same age, the guys who are mid 30's envy the 40's, the guys in their mid 20's envy the mid 30's and the guys in their late teens envy the mid 20's... I know this sounds weird and I also know that the last thing you guys want to do is to relativate, but if you think like this it's not even that bad to start going bald at -lets say- 27. I would take your spot any day: I would have 10 years of enjoying my full head of hair and by the time I'm starting to recede, there are probably better medications out there (there HAS to be something better in 2024 right?)

I know a lot of people would think I'm a psycho b/c I want to start fin at this age, but I think that some of the guys in this thread understand the feelings I have that make me wanna do this.
    I started going bald at 16, starting taking fin at 16. I'm 20 now, it's saved most of my hair along with 10% minixidil. I got a prescription for Dutasteride, might take that along with fin. YOU MUST GET ON A DHT INHIBITOR TO HAVE A CHANCE OF FIGHTING HAIRLOSS.

Best of luck. My parents at the time I was 16 tried everything they could for me not to take fin. If I had listened to them, I'd be totally bald now.

I noticed that a lot of people do that here... thanks for bringing that to light. The best cure is prevention and telling someone to not worry may endanger their concerns :O

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    "Your hair looks great, enjoy life" "Stop worrying, enjoy your youth"

I hear this all the time. You get these young guys come here that know they are losing their hair and asking for help. And they end up getting advice that all is good and not to worry about it. It doesn't matter how young you are, you know when you are losing your hair. I knew in my early twenties when my hair was going to shit.

Just because these young guys are in better shape then many of us in here doesn't mean that all is good and that they should delay treatment because they are not a NW3 or worse. We need to stop comparing these guys to ourselves and thinking that just because they are in better shape than we are, that they should delay treating their hair loss. Putting off treatment is almost the worst thing you can do, since most of what you lose you will likely never get back.

I have seen many guys around here get crap because they are at the beginning stages of hair loss and they are doing everything they can to stop it. If I could go back in time I would do the same and maybe still have most of my hair today.
    This is very relatable to my current situation. I'm 19 heading towards a Norwood 2 and I'm considering starting treatments soon.. could you check my posts and give me some advice on what I should do?