+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I apologize if I am confusing you with somebody else, but if I remember correctly your hair loss experience is totally different than the majority of men. You didn't see hair loss as a problem because you had family members that were bald. You saw being bald as "normal". It seems like you found hair as more of a problem than anything. You accepted shaving it at a young age. Most guys do not see things that way. We like ourselves with hair, don't like what we look like without hair, would rather have hair than not have it. Most people who have hair loss, even ones who have accepted it, would be interested in reversing their hair loss if they could. You on the other hand would probably still walk around bald. I give you credit for accepting your hair loss and shaving your head, but most guys are not prepared to do what you did. You probably look good with a shaved head, most look like shit. You see being bald as looking normal, most people feel they look normal with a head of hair.

Yeah that was me...i also said i worried from 16 to 18 about it...i hid it cause i was worried i would be bullied i was already treated like shit at the time when i realised i was going bald...even though i thought everything you said at the end off the day i didnt want to be bullied (i never was)...as you know not everyone had the same mindset as i did about it so i thought people would take the mick...at the point of my worrying i wasnt bald yet it wasnt until it was obvious i was going bald (and i looked in the mirror like i mentioned above) i thought **** it and cut it...this is when i grew balls and never looked back...i never cared for my hair when i had it so there wasnt any reason to miss it...i think of bald being normal cause where i am from they are everywhere so of course growing up seeing them im gonna think its the norm...which i still do to me its just hair.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    Yeah that was me...i also said i worried from 16 to 18 about it...i hid it cause i was worried i would be bullied i was already treated like shit at the time when i realised i was going bald...even though i thought everything you said at the end off the day i didnt want to be bullied (i never was)...as you know not everyone had the same mindset as i did about it so i thought people would take the mick...at the point of my worrying i wasnt bald yet it wasnt until it was obvious i was going bald (and i looked in the mirror like i mentioned above) i thought **** it and cut it...this is when i grew balls and never looked back...i never cared for my hair when i had it so there wasnt any reason to miss it...i think of bald being normal cause where i am from they are everywhere so of course growing up seeing them im gonna think its the norm...which i still do to me its just hair.
    Again, much respect for your decision to say screw it and shave it all off. You probably think you look pretty good, and that right there is huge. If I thought I looked good with a shaved head, I would do it. I don't really like my hair buzzed, so I am sure I would look like crap if I took a razor to it.

Again, much respect for your decision to say screw it and shave it all off. You probably think you look pretty good, and that right there is huge. If I thought I looked good with a shaved head, I would do it. I don't really like my hair buzzed, so I am sure I would look like crap if I took a razor to it.

Well i dont mind the look at all the worse bit i suppose is the crown area on my head its a bit pointy (i show you a pic to give you a example) but apart from that im fine with it...the thing is with me i just cant see myself worrying about something i cant change and cause i see my balding,bald looks for a whle now i just got used to it...i mean when i was between 16 and 18 one of my fears was the horseshoe look...now i go around with it most of the time (im a lazy shaver) i dont mean like george from seinfield look though more like jason statham length.

I cant see myself any other way...i even had a dream the other day that i was back at school and i was bald and i saw others balding and i was annoyed cause i didnt "stand out" anymore lol...even in my dreams i dont mind being bald either.

http://www.tnainsider.com/uploads/f9...0669f163a4.png

In the link the wrestler has the same pointy bit as me.

Before I got treatment and my crown was thinning I asked my sisters about it. They said "yeah it's a little thin but girls don't care, you can always shave it if it gets bad, blah blah". Then I asked them "Would you have ended up with your husbands if they were bald or severely balding when you first met?" The real answer is "no" but they said "of course". Then I reminded them they've both literally never dated a bald or balding guy. Hell, my ex-gf's mom was recently divorced and in her late-50s and one of her criteria for a new man was a full head of hair. This is a woman in her 50s looking to date men in their 50s and 60s. Also heard a group of former co-workers talking about their recent online dating profiles and two of them said balding was a deal breaker. Obviously not all women are like that but if you can't pull off a shaved head it's going to affect your attractiveness. It sucks, but it is what it is.

If you can pull a it off, more power to you. I have a friend who pulls it off flawlessly. He's also a 6'4" former college tight end and has a strong jawline/"alpha" characteristics. For people like me that look much better with hair getting on finasteride and Nizoral early is the only option (until better treatments come out).

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    For people like me that look much better with hair getting on finasteride and Nizoral early is the only option (until better treatments come out).
    For most of us, this is the best option.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but for the most part women would prefer not to settle for a bald guy. This is just the way it is. Don't fall for the politically correct BS: good personality, good sense of humor, etc, that most women will say they want. The fact of the matter is most will choose a guy with hair over one without it most of the time. Just observe who the higher norwoods are with next time you are out in public. Most of the time they are with the homely looking women.

Then why did my success with women sky-rocket after I reached NW5? I know I'm 6"3', but when I had a full-head of hair, I was never getting laid and was kind of invisible to girls.

I don't know, maybe the shaved look enhances my look, almost all the girls I have dated recently say I look silly with hair.

However, I think you are living in your head Notcoolanymore. You say things like that but you don't know that they are true for sure. I know it's hard to hear here, but I think the reality is that most women simply don't care that much. Of course they will always be superficial bitches who will feel entitled to a man with high height, a full head of hair, social status etc. Seriously, would you even want to get involved with that kind of girl?

I have a date with a hot girl next week, and she did not say anything about me being bald. I saw pictures of her ex on Facebook, as bald as a cue ball! And he's not even good looking. All I see in these posts are a lot of rationalizations, a lot of excuses to explain one's lack of success with women.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Then why did my success with women sky-rocket after I reached NW5? I know I'm 6"3', but when I had a full-head of hair, I was never getting laid and was kind of invisible to girls.

I don't know, maybe the shaved look enhances my look, almost all the girls I have dated recently say I look silly with hair.

However, I think you are living in your head Notcoolanymore. You say things like that but you don't know that they are true for sure. I know it's hard to hear here, but I think the reality is that most women simply don't care that much. Of course they will always be superficial bitches who will feel entitled to a man with high height, a full head of hair, social status etc. Seriously, would you even want to get involved with that kind of girl?

I have a date with a hot girl next week, and she did not say anything about me being bald. I saw pictures of her ex on Facebook, as bald as a cue ball! And he's not even good looking. All I see in these posts are a lot of rationalizations, a lot of excuses to explain one's lack of success with women.
    You are 100% right. I am not going to deny that I have mental issues when it comes to my looks. Just the way it is. I have no problem admitting it either.

I do believe that for the most part women do care about looks just as much as we care about how a woman looks. Women prefer to be with a better looking guy: hair, no beer gut, etc. Just like we prefer better looking women: pretty face, good shape, nice hair, smells good, etc.

Again there are exceptions to the rule. So you don't have hair, but I have seen your pics and you are a good looking guy, in good shape, tall, educated (assuming because of your posts). IMO, you don't have much going against you. Now the average bald guy most likely isn't going to look good without his hair. He is already at a disadvantage. I am not saying if you are bald you are destined to be with an undesirable woman, but it sure as hell doesn't help.

Women prefer to be with a better looking guy: hair, no beer gut, etc. Just like we prefer better looking women: pretty face, good shape, nice hair, smells good, etc.
    Yeah we all dream to go out with a feminine model-type girl who cooks amazing meals and is great in bed. Does that mean no men will settle for a woman below this? Of course not. And that goes for women too, sure you hear a lot of women saying they deserve a guy who is tall, handsome, successful etc. Yet when I wander in the streets of Brussels, I see plenty of (hot looking) women with guys of average height, sometimes shorter than them, or guys that are bald, even fat.

We all like to pretend we only settle for nothing but the best, but that's just the ego talking, and it's certainly not reality.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Yeah we all dream to go out with a feminine model-type girl who cooks amazing meals and is great in bed. Does that mean no men will settle for a woman below this? Of course not. And that goes for women too, sure you hear a lot of women saying they deserve a guy who is tall, handsome, successful etc. Yet when I wander in the streets of Brussels, I see plenty of (hot looking) women with guys of average height, sometimes shorter than them, or guys that are bald, even fat.

We all like to pretend we only settle for nothing but the best, but that's just the ego talking, and it's certainly not reality.
    I'm moving to Brussels tomorrow. Do you mind of I stay with you until I find a place of my own?

BTW one of my favorite action stars from back in the day is from Brussels, Jean Claude Van Damme was/is a bad ass. He would not have had the success/career he had if he was bald.

Well he's definitely getting there: