Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlightTL
    • Jun 2011

Truth is I cant move on...The reality shows in the mirror

I walked into a place yesterday and the reality is I am now a Norwood 7+ at a young age....

I thought I could move on but I cant....I am so devastated , plus the rest of my life is going down the drain and I'm really at a super low point....People have also been really cruel to me--not just hair related, but they have actually ****ed me up in bad ways which I dont want to get into here.

Hair loss on top of all this at such a young age of 26 is tooo much to handle.......

I'm OVERWHELMED AND JUST WANT TO CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • john2399
    • Jan 2012

hang in there bud...all we can do is keep fighting until something better comes out.

Comment

• bigmacnick
      • Oct 2011

remember....

in terms of people being mean to you....what goes around comes around.

concentrate on working and school....

Comment

• optimisticyouth
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by FlightTL
        I walked into a place yesterday and the reality is I am now a Norwood 7+ at a young age....

I thought I could move on but I cant....I am so devastated , plus the rest of my life is going down the drain and I'm really at a super low point....People have also been really cruel to me--not just hair related, but they have actually ****ed me up in bad ways which I dont want to get into here.

Hair loss on top of all this at such a young age of 26 is tooo much to handle.......

I'm OVERWHELMED AND JUST WANT TO CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Keep up hope, bro. I know life seems bad right now, but stay optimistic. Life isn't over. The best thing you can do is use these feelings as fuel; motivate yourself to become a better person. Work out, have a good attitude, exude confidence (even if you don't feel it, at least feign it). I know it's all easier said than done, but remember, life is all about perspective. If you do end up bettering yourself, remember all of the people who stuck with you through this cuz those are your real friends. As for those who have kicked you while you're down, forgive them, but give them the impression that you couldn't care less about them. They aren't worth your time.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
          • Jun 2013

Man that sucks. Although at your age I wasn't a NW7, my hair was otherwise shot. Not enough to pull off a good hairstyle or anything. Things will get better. Keep your head up.

Comment

• StuckInARut
            • Aug 2012

Flight, why did you let your hair loss get so out of control? Did you even try anything to combat it in the beginning?

Comment

• BudskiiHD
              • May 2013

Originally posted by StuckInARut
              Flight, why did you let your hair loss get so out of control? Did you even try anything to combat it in the beginning?
              This, he probably started treatments at a point of no return.

Comment

• FlightTL
                • Jun 2011

Thanks for all your support....Take care guys....

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                  • Jun 2013

Originally posted by flighttl
                  thanks for all your support....take care guys....
                  noooooooo!

Comment

• BigThinker
                    • Oct 2012

Gym, tan, grow facial hair, keep head clean, wear nice clothes, attain an education, pursue a lucrative career.

Can't give up, bro. Life is a gift. Learn to make the best of it.

Comment

• cocacola
                      • Feb 2013

Dont give up man, there are tons of successful baldies in this world. As many mentioned here concentrate on improving yourself in all the other areas of life.
                      Workout, learn, pursue a career and concentrate on what you can improve. You are not the first bald guy and not the last.

Life is not a fair place, some are going bald early and some die young in a car accident. You cant just give up, always got to fight till the end.

Comment

• slantofreality
                        • Oct 2012

Damn, I feel for you man. How aggressive was your hair loss once it started and when did it start? I'm 22 and most of my hair is already gone.

Comment

• FlightTL
                          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by William Yates, MD
                          Can you post pics, it may not be as bad as you think. This is 2013, many changes have been made in the industry to help patients as yourself. Depending on your donor hair and other factors all may not be lost. Bill
                          Thank you for your response Dr. Yates. I hold you in high respect.

I dont have any pics to put up, but basically it is at the same level as Dr. Phil's hair loss.

Is all hope lost in the transplant route, or could you, using FUE give me a semi-Jason Statham look or something with atleast a little on top???

Thanks!

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                            Doctor Representative
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by FlightTL
                            Thank you for your response Dr. Yates. I hold you in high respect.

I dont have any pics to put up, but basically it is at the same level as Dr. Phil's hair loss.

Is all hope lost in the transplant route, or could you, using FUE give me a semi-Jason Statham look or something with atleast a little on top???

Thanks!
                            The Jason Stratham look has been brought up frequently. He looks great and I can guarantee you that most women would find him attractive. This look is usually within the reach of men with a Dr. Phil level of hair loss. To pull this off with a hair transplant, the hair restoration physician. must be an artist. The result must look 100% natural with a great looking donor area.

If it were me, I would have a small chest, beard and scalp hair test session using the smallest punch possible. I would have ACell and PRP administered during and after the surgery. I would resist the temptation to just dive in. I would wait and see how everything grows and heals before going into a larger session. Really short hair is very comfortable. You want to avoid donor scarring so you can do a 1 guard.

This is the third time I mentioned this in the forum, but, the most popular guy with women I have ever met is a Norwood 6. His head has a little point on top as opposed to the ideal smooth round look. Women care much less about the things men agonize over. Much of attraction between men and women relates to opposites. Most women prefer the masculine look. If you need to hit the gym, all the better for your general health.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
                            Cole Hair Transplant - Atlanta
                            Phone 678-566-1011
                            Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Vic12
                              • Aug 2013

That f***ing sucks man.

I'm 18 and a NW2, I hope I'm not headed down the same path.

Sometimes I think about what I would do if I end up like you.

My plan would be to get a real solid fake tan, hit the gym harder, bulk up, get a cool beard style, dress better, go out more, and meet more people. Most people with hair don't strive to succeed in every other aspect of their life, I think it's only people like you who suffer such loss that are driven to succeed.

Also I know my advice is similar to another posters, and he couldn't be more right, I felt I had to tell it to you too.

Comment

Working...