Dermaroller + Minoxidil Quick Guide Video - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Dermaroller + Minoxidil Quick Guide Video

Hello Guys,

I posted a question of the Dermaroller about 2 months ago before all the excitement of the community trial and nobody reply to that. I explained all the benefits of the dermaroller on that post but was completely ignored.

Now I am very happy that hellouser was able to bring this to the attention of everybody to prove that this method really work and obviously the Community Trial will bring more ideas and results of this method.

But now that all the Dermarolling Community Trial Post is very long and confusing for some people that want just a quick guide of the process.

Here is a new Quick Guide video that I found on youtube with all the information we need for the Dermarolling + Minox (nothing about PGE2 or PGd2):

Dermaroller + Minoxidil 5% Quick Guide for Hair Loss
    http://youtu.be/mHTdVOvnBB4

IMPORTANT: Keep posting your results in the Dermarolling Community Trial Post and any new ideas for the method here if you want. Let's keep this post as a Guide to make the process the best possible.

Good luck Guys with our f$#%$ battle against hair loss

Default Quick Guide from the Video

- Dermaroller to Buy:
    1.5mm

- Results from the Pilot Study:
    82% of the patients (Dermaroller + Minoxidil) reported more than 50% improvement (hair growth) vs 4.5% with Minoxidil only

How Often?
    Use the dermaroller once a week and avoid using Minoxdil right after the procedure (wait 24 hours!)

Preparation:
    Clean the scalp with Betadine and saline solution
    Clean the dermaroller with Rubbing Alcohol in spray.

Procedure:
    Mildly roll the device 10 times over the affected areas of the scalp in a longitudinal, vertical and diagonal direction until mild erythema is noted. DO NOT APPLY MINOXIDIL YET! Wait 24 hours!

Apply any "Recovery" Oinment to the trated scalp during the 24 hours after the procedure

Apply Minoxidil 5% twice a day (24 hours after using the dermaroller).

Pilot Study Link:
    http://www.ijtrichology.com/text.asp?2013/5/1/6/114700

And to any asshat that says one more time that this is about absorption should get a kick in the face....

Dermarolling is not meant for absorption but for WOUNDING. It is a known FACT that when wounding occurs, WNT and FGF-9 is induced during the healing process. Keep in mind WNT is the same stuff Histogen is using for their method of injections, so this already holds weight. FGF-9 was shown to grow a significant amount of hair on mice but when removed, hair did not grow. A similar pattern occurs during the wounding process in human scalp, however FGF-9 is produced in lower numbers. It is however thought that the addition of Minoxidil AFTER wounding will elevate PGE2 levels which in itself also elevates FGF-9. FGF-9 along with WNT both *should* induce growth in hair. Both of which theories are documented and published by, you guessed it, Dr. George Cotsarelis. Read here:

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/News_...eneration.html

Look for this part in that article:

“We showed that wound healing triggered an embryonic state in the skin which made it receptive to receiving instructions from wnt proteins,” says senior author George Cotsarelis, MD, Associate Professor of Dermatology. “The wnts are a network of proteins implicated in hair-follicle development.”
    As for FGF-9, here's what he has to say:

In one embodiment, the present invention provides a method for generating an HF in a scalp, eyebrow, or scarred region of a subject, comprising the steps of: (a) disrupting an epidermis of the scalp, eyebrow, or scarred region; and (b) contacting the scalp, eyebrow, or scarred region with minoxidil, thereby generating an HF in a scalp, eyebrow, or scarred region of a subject.
    Source: https://www.google.com/patents/US201...ed=0CDUQ6AEwAA

The recent study had these results:

To further give evidence of this theory, heres an article from 1986 mentioning a scalp burn victim with MPB regrowing terminal hair after the burn healed:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...0266-0059b.pdf

We also know that in thinning hair, scalp also thins. However dermarolling alone increases collagen production which thickens up skin. This was mentioned by Spencer on his show not long ago in regards to the dermarolling approach. In my opinion (though this is my only theory) a good environment for hair follicles will also play a role, so essentially a DHT free zone with good skin should provide results. I myself will be trying out EMU oil as its known to improve skin. The addition of dermarolling, minoxidil, and a DHT inhibitor like RU58841 or an oral one like Dutasteride should provide results.

So the dermaroller only costs between $10-$40 and will *at least* help with absorption. This, you are right about. However, there is *no reason* not to replicate this study and see what happens.

PrettyFly83 is already seeing results and has posted a link to the dermarolling thread, I would strongly suggest everyone read over it and at least give it though:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13420

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    And to any asshat that says one more time that this is about absorption should get a kick in the face....
    LOL, exactly... like the "expert" on Youtube "HairLossFromSteroids" that explain on his video that the purpose of the dermaroller is to increase Minoxidil absorption...

Quote Originally Posted by csoul View Post
    LOL, exactly... like the "expert" on Youtube "HairLossFromSteroids" that explain on his video that the purpose of the dermaroller is to increase Minoxidil absorption...
    since when does that guy ever say he's an expert?

I explained all the benefits of the dermaroller on that post but was completely ignored.
    Have you had any kind of result?

Mildly roll the device 10 times over the affected areas of the scalp in a longitudinal, vertical and diagonal direction until mild erythema is noted.
    Do you mean 10 times longitudinal, 10 times vertical and 10 times diagonal (a total of 30 times), or just 10 times overall?.

Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    Have you had any kind of result?

Do you mean 10 times longitudinal, 10 times vertical and 10 times diagonal (a total of 30 times), or just 10 times overall?.
    I just started about 1 week ago like a lot of people here so I will post my results in the Dermarolling Trial Post.

Yes 10 times each direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    since when does that guy ever say he's an expert?
    Well... if you watch all the other videos... he repeat over and over that he had "more than 10 years of experience" and that he always post stuff when he have the prove that it works... I don't know where he found the information that the Dermaroller is used to increase the Minoxidil absorption because that is not true so he is spreading the wrong information to a lot of people... especially when he leave the door open to think that you can use the dermaroller every day and also to put the minoxidil immediately after the procedure... wrong and dangerous information!!

I swear to f*cking god!!

Dermarolling is not meant for absorption but for WOUNDING. It is a known FACT that when wounding occurs, WNT and FGF-9 is induced during the healing process. Keep in mind WNT is the same stuff Histogen is using for their method of injections, so this already holds weight. FGF-9 was shown to grow a significant amount of hair on mice but when removed, hair did not grow. A similar pattern occurs during the wounding process in human scalp, however FGF-9 is produced in lower numbers. It is however thought that the addition of Minoxidil AFTER wounding will elevate PGE2 levels which in itself also elevates FGF-9. FGF-9 along with WNT both *should* induce growth in hair. Both of which theories are documented and published by, you guessed it, Dr. George Cotsarelis. Read here:

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/News_...eneration.html

Look for this part in that article:

As for FGF-9, here's what he has to say:

Source: https://www.google.com/patents/US201...ed=0CDUQ6AEwAA

The recent study had these results:

To further give evidence of this theory, heres an article from 1986 mentioning a scalp burn victim with MPB regrowing terminal hair after the burn healed:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...0266-0059b.pdf

We also know that in thinning hair, scalp also thins. However dermarolling alone increases collagen production which thickens up skin. This was mentioned by Spencer on his show not long ago in regards to the dermarolling approach. In my opinion (though this is my only theory) a good environment for hair follicles will also play a role, so essentially a DHT free zone with good skin should provide results. I myself will be trying out EMU oil as its known to improve skin. The addition of dermarolling, minoxidil, and a DHT inhibitor like RU58841 or an oral one like Dutasteride should provide results.

So the dermaroller only costs between $10-$40 and will *at least* help with absorption. This, you are right about. However, there is *no reason* not to replicate this study and see what happens.

PrettyFly83 is already seeing results and has posted a link to the dermarolling thread, I would strongly suggest everyone read over it and at least give it though:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13420
    Are you doing it?

Quick question - is this instead of using Minoxidal every day?

Or do you still use Minox every day but do it once per week with the Dermaroller?