Originally posted by hellouser
    Mon - 12pm Dermaroll Scalp
    Tues - 12pm Apply Minox, 9pm, Apply Minox
    Wed -12pm Apply Minox, 9pm, Apply Minox
    Thurs -12pm Apply Minox, 9pm, Apply Minox
    Fri -12pm Apply Minox, 9pm, Apply Minox
    Sat - 12pm Apply Minox, 9pm, Apply Minox
    Sun - 12pm Apply Minox, 9pm, Apply Minox

Wait 24 hours before doing anything to your scalp, unless you've got a diabetic needle with FGF-9 and saline. That would possibly replicate Follica's treatment.
    Thanks man!!!!

I'm nervous about minox because of minox shedding. Do you think that the Dermaroll might mitigate the potential for minox shedding?

Comment

• HARIRI
      • Nov 2012

csoul, thanks for the video. Very informative. I think I received my dermaroller today. Im going to collect it.

Comment

• HARIRI
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
        Mon - 12pm Dermaroll Scalp
        Tues - 12pm Apply Minox, 9pm, Apply Minox
        Wed -12pm Apply Minox, 9pm, Apply Minox
        Thurs -12pm Apply Minox, 9pm, Apply Minox
        Fri -12pm Apply Minox, 9pm, Apply Minox
        Sat - 12pm Apply Minox, 9pm, Apply Minox
        Sun - 12pm Apply Minox, 9pm, Apply Minox

Wait 24 hours before doing anything to your scalp, unless you've got a diabetic needle with FGF-9 and saline. That would possibly replicate Follica's treatment.
        Mine goes like that

Saturday - 10pm, Dermaroll Scalp
        Sunday - 10pm, Apply Minox
        Monday - 10pm, Apply Minox
        Tuesday - 10pm, Apply Minox
        Wednesday -10pm, Apply Minox
        Thursday -10pm, Apply Minox
        Friday -10pm, Apply Minox

I'm using Minoxidil 5% once a day based on this study:-

Dr. Bernstein answers a frequently asked question about different types of the Rogaine hair loss medication

Dr. Bernstein says: "What’s interesting is that although Rogaine has been prescribed in the packaging insert to be used twice a day, often people can get the same results if they put it on more liberally just once a day at night. So if you can put it on at night and use the propylene glycol based solution, the 5% men’s solution, then you can circumvent the cosmetic problems with it being greasy because you can wash it off in the morning. Most people take showers in the morning.

So what we advise most people to do is use the more effective 5% just once a day, at night, wash it out in the morning and then you’re done.

The other thing is we find that when people use the medication twice a day, it’s kind of a nuisance. They kind of just dab it on and you really want to get a good even coat of the entire areas that have the potential to be bald, not just the areas that are thinning a lot. Because the medications work, as you know, as a prevention just as much as regrowing hair back"

Comment

• DesperateOne
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by HARIRI
          Mine goes like that

Saturday - 10pm, Dermaroll Scalp
          Sunday - 10pm, Apply Minox
          Monday - 10pm, Apply Minox
          Tuesday - 10pm, Apply Minox
          Wednesday -10pm, Apply Minox
          Thursday -10pm, Apply Minox
          Friday -10pm, Apply Minox

I'm using Minoxidil 5% once a day based on this study:-

Dr. Bernstein answers a frequently asked question about different types of the Rogaine hair loss medication

Dr. Bernstein says: "What’s interesting is that although Rogaine has been prescribed in the packaging insert to be used twice a day, often people can get the same results if they put it on more liberally just once a day at night. So if you can put it on at night and use the propylene glycol based solution, the 5% men’s solution, then you can circumvent the cosmetic problems with it being greasy because you can wash it off in the morning. Most people take showers in the morning.

So what we advise most people to do is use the more effective 5% just once a day, at night, wash it out in the morning and then you’re done.

The other thing is we find that when people use the medication twice a day, it’s kind of a nuisance. They kind of just dab it on and you really want to get a good even coat of the entire areas that have the potential to be bald, not just the areas that are thinning a lot. Because the medications work, as you know, as a prevention just as much as regrowing hair back"
          Well I do apply mine at night, I think it makes sense for most people. I find it kinda funny that Dr. Bernstein is giving advice when he himself is a complete NW6 .

I don't know what glycol based solution you're talking about.

Comment

• DesperateOne
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by csoul
            - Dermaroller to Buy:
            1.5mm

- Results from the Pilot Study:
            82% of the patients (Dermaroller + Minoxidil) reported more than 50% improvement (hair growth) vs 4.5% with Minoxidil only

How Often?
            Use the dermaroller once a week and avoid using Minoxdil right after the procedure (wait 24 hours!)

Preparation:
            Clean the scalp with Betadine and saline solution
            Clean the dermaroller with Rubbing Alcohol in spray.

Procedure:
            Mildly roll the device 10 times over the affected areas of the scalp in a longitudinal, vertical and diagonal direction until mild erythema is noted. DO NOT APPLY MINOXIDIL YET! Wait 24 hours!

Apply any "Recovery" Oinment to the trated scalp during the 24 hours after the procedure

Apply Minoxidil 5% twice a day (24 hours after using the dermaroller).

Pilot Study Link:
            http://www.ijtrichology.com/text.asp?2013/5/1/6/114700
            What do you mean a saline solution, just salt water?
            Also, when you're saying that you should apply recover oinment, maybe you can give an example of the one you're using. I can only think that emu oil would be the best thing to use in the window of time.

Comment

• horte
              • Mar 2013

So i just hopped on the dermaroller bandwagon and thought I would try it out. My question is why not use Mindoxil for 24 hours. If it could promote better absorption is there a downside, only reason I ask is if I miss a day of mindoxil it seems that I shed a lot.

Thanks

Comment

• Arashi
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by horte
                So i just hopped on the dermaroller bandwagon and thought I would try it out. My question is why not use Mindoxil for 24 hours. If it could promote better absorption is there a downside, only reason I ask is if I miss a day of mindoxil it seems that I shed a lot.

Thanks
                The way I understood it is if you do it the same day, you'll get systemetic absorption and thus side effects like high blood pressure, high heart beat rate etc.

Comment

• gainspotter
                  • Aug 2013

I am still confused as with what and when to use to clean the scalp. I have saline spray, however betadine is discontinued in the UK. Do the 2 solutions get applied before dermarolling, and what do we use for after? Will something like savlon cream suffice?
                  I just wish the pilot study explained the procedure in more detail.

Comment

• HARIRI
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Arashi
                    The way I understood it is if you do it the same day, you'll get systemetic absorption and thus side effects like high blood pressure, high heart beat rate etc.
                    The funny thing about it is that if you will use 0.5mm then you can use Minoxidil right after it as Nanogen proves that its safe based in their clinical trial. However if you go as deep as 1.5mm then it get dangerous and inadvisable!!!

So based on what I understood is if you want good Minox absorbtion then use 0.3 or 0.5mm daily or every other day like what Im doing with my 0.5mm, If your priority is wounding then use 1.5mm once a week only.

Comment

• Pentarou
                      • Apr 2013

Serious question here guys - would any dermaroller work for this trial, or would a dedicated hair/scalp dermaroller be required?

Is buzzed or shaved hair also a requirement?

Comment

• LevonHelms
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Pentarou
                        Serious question here guys - would any dermaroller work for this trial, or would a dedicated hair/scalp dermaroller be required?

Is buzzed or shaved hair also a requirement?
                        It doesn't have to be a dedicated scalp roller, that's just marketing. They're all about the same I think. I have a 192 ct MTS & a Dr Roller as a backup. If you go for a 540 ct make sure it has needles and not blades. And check all the needles for straightness before use.

If your hair is longer like mine, roll in one direction instead of back and forth to avoid tangles.

Comment

• andymaddy
                          • Nov 2017

Any updates.... does it work?

this is long enough time to see if it really works.... any updates from the users who continued with it

Comment

• garry91
                            • Dec 2016

Nobody replied after 2013. How did it go? What works the best?

Comment

Working...