+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I must have confused you with someone else. I was thinking it was much less than a year.

Yes, if you have been treating your loss for that long and you are still losing ground, a hair system is probably a better option for you. There is nothing wrong with wearing hair if it helps you feel better about yourself.
    Thanks Tracy. I don't mind wearing hair.. even though I haven't been fitted yet for the first time, I'm confident that I will be able to do it.

I'm just nervous about the blending issue.. I still don't really understand how they can blend it in with your hair, and still be able to shower/swim and do any other activities without it blending out of place. Thats why i asked about a full cap, but he advised its best always to use as much as your own hair, full cap is last resort

Forget swimming with a hair system. With the price you're going to pay, you don't want to damage it with chloride or sea water.

Thumbs up

I had dinner with an old friend last night who has been balding since we were in college. He walked into the restaurant with what appeared to be a full head of hair and he looked great! I was astonished and of course asked what he had done. He had his hairline transplanted and was wearing a really good piece behind it, and I am telling you no one in the real world would now it. He said it is life changing for him. I asked him about life restrictions and such and he told me that as long as he maintains it well, he can swim, enjoy the beach and do whatever he did without it. He said you just have to be aware that it has to be freshly attached before you do those things. He said the hassle is well worth it.
    So there you go, I bet people are doing this all the time and we just don't realize it.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    I had dinner with an old friend last night who has been balding since we were in college. He walked into the restaurant with what appeared to be a full head of hair and he looked great! I was astonished and of course asked what he had done. He had his hairline transplanted and was wearing a really good piece behind it, and I am telling you no one in the real world would now it. He said it is life changing for him. I asked him about life restrictions and such and he told me that as long as he maintains it well, he can swim, enjoy the beach and do whatever he did without it. He said you just have to be aware that it has to be freshly attached before you do those things. He said the hassle is well worth it.
    So there you go, I bet people are doing this all the time and we just don't realize it.
    I knew a guy years ago who wore a hair piece. For years, I didn't know he was wearing one. His hair looked a bit clumpy, but it appeared to be a styling preference. He told me one day that he wore a hair piece and I was surprised.

I do know another guy who wears one, but it's most likely a cheap one because no person I have ever seen can part their hair without scalp showing. I worked with this guy for around 5 years and there was a definite foul odor associated. Perhaps one day, 3d printable hair will be available, engineered to be compatible that resists rejection rejection and immune response.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck