+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 20/21 starting fin/minox/niz

Hey all,

I started noticing my hair loss months after I had turned 18. I'm now nearly 21 and I'm around a NW2.5 with diffuse thinning up top.

So I finally bit the bullet a couple of weeks ago and purchased some fin, minox and keto/nizoral. I have used minox and niz before but spazzed out and quit because my hair loss was continuing...I wonder why (sarcasm).

I'm currently applying the minox twice a day to my crown and hair line while taking 0.5mg of fin every other day. So far the only sides I've sort of noticed is that it takes a while longer to get hard wood but thats okay as I don't need my dick to stand up straight 6 times a day.

Today I noticed an increased amount of hair in the shower, I think this might mark the beginning of my shed which I'm okay with. Other than that applying minox has seen tiny vellus hairs one side of my temple sprout all the way up to where my NW1 would be and the current ones are thickening which is nice.

I've taken pictures to document my experience but won't be posting them until I have some to compare them to and I shall be keeping this thread updated periodically so this first post is to just touch base basically.

Wish me luck!

Good to see you taking action early and not being a dumb ass like myself. I waited way too long to take action and now I am just trying to recover whatever I can. Good luck and don't quit. I even suffered a shed which surprised me. Didn't think I had enough hair to shed. haha

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Hi Huawei, I just started taking Finasteride 11 days ago. 1 mg per day.
    Ive got a thread started on it too, "Artista and Finasteride"
    Feel free to join in there too bro,,
    and GOOD LUCK with your hair improvement.

Just keep in mind it can take up to a year for a fin and mon to take full effect. If you do it, your in for the long hall. its not a one month and see how it looks thing. unfortunately your sometimes going to have to deal with the sheds and what not..... often not the case. Usually the hair returns plus some. If you lose the hair, you were going to be losing it anyway. be patient and good luck.

Thumbs up

North' Thanks bro for the advice given,,the young guys here NEED to hear that.

Good luck, man. We're all in it for the long hall. Just keep treatment in your routine and so your best to move on. I've wasted a lot of time and energy worrying about my hair when I should just be patiently waiting.

Noticing even more velus hair around my hairline which is good.

I've noticed probably a 50% increase in the number of hairs in the shower. With these extra hairs they're all pretty much less pigmented and thinner than the rest which is a good sign as it shows the weaker ones are getting pushed out.

The only minor side I have right now is that probably once a day for 10min I have a dull ache in my testes.

I think I passed the five week mark this Friday gone.

The dull ache has dissipated and my libido has been higher than normal. I will be getting some t tests in the next week for an unrelated reason so it will be interesting to see how they compare with previous ones.

The shedding has dropped off over the last few days with my hair feeling more anchored. I can place my hand in my hair and tug upwards with on average 2 hairs coming out compared to the 5+ repeatable that it used to be.

I don't know about my crown but my temples are seeing continual regrowth of pigmented velus hairs on both sides whereas before it was just one side predominantly.

All in all things are good...I can't believe I left getting on treatment for almost two and a half years out of fear of side effects...oh well live and learn!

I'll probably post up some pics at the end of sept.

So its been almost three months on treatment. I've noticed a lot of hair growth on the temples but can't really speak for my crown. The hairs are semi pigmented and do seem to be growing weekly but the density is moderately weak. Recession continues but in the last few days the number of hairs in the shower has dropped by two thirds.

All in all I think I've been responding great to the big three, more so than I did last year when I used minox and nizoral for half year by them selves. Its starting to become noticeable from a short distance (5 - 6 feet away) but its nothing to be posting pictures on the internet about yet. Do you think if I'm showing strong results now that they will continue into the future?

However, I can't not contain my regret for not starting fin sooner. If I had of started fin this time last year my position would be three times greater than it is now. I can't believe I was scared away from treatment after reading a few horror stories, neglecting to look into dosing (I currently take 0.5mg EOD) et al. I guess the only thing that's worked in my favour genetics wise is having a dense donor of black hair of thick calibre for when the eventual HT occurs.

If there are any young males out there who are losing their hair please give fin a shot after doing some researching into the dosing or you'll be left like me grasping at straws on the edge of having to your buzz hair at the age of 21.

Thumbs up

Hi Huawei,
    Im entering the middle of my third month on Fin' and as I have said on my related thread, I do seem to notice improvement.
    It seems to be that I have better health of the good hair, better pigmentation of the DHT affected hair which havent been minimized 100% and an overall 'FLUFFINESS' of the scalp too.
    I know how you feel about starting late on Fin', I personally avoid thinking about that because it doesn't do any good to focus on
    'could have-should haves'.
    The October Conference of the ISHRS will start on the 23rd to the 26th.
    I feel we will hear about some good things coming..Hang in there bro.
    (By the way-My Birthday is on the 25th!)