+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Ive been so satisfied with the use of Finasteride @ 1mg per day.
    Im in the middle of my 9th month now.
    As I had said on my thread 'Artista and Finasteride' , my wife and I decided to look at my scalp photos just prior to starting on Finasteride in August of last year 2013.
    The ongoing positive results thus far are fantastic.
    Hair loss has been STOPPED..
    My hair rejuvenation is on-going and so far so GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Ive been so satisfied with the use of Finasteride @ 1mg per day.
    Im in the middle of my 9th month now.
    As I had said on my thread 'Artista and Finasteride' , my wife and I decided to look at my scalp photos just prior to starting on Finasteride in August of last year 2013.
    The ongoing positive results thus far are fantastic.
    Hair loss has been STOPPED..
    My hair rejuvenation is on-going and so far so GOOD.
    Thanks for sharing artista. How about your sides? Did you get any initially? Have they stopped or reduced if you did?

Quote Originally Posted by huawei View Post
    Dropping minox as of today. I am convinced it is only making my hair loss worse and after reading around some people who have aggressive hairloss such as mine saw no benefit using the big three but upon dropping minox it somewhat stopped.
    Hi Huawei, I'm asian too (go figure) and I noticed that minox hasn't been helping me all too much on my hairline. I've been consistent on Fin (1.25/day) since the start of 2014, but I'm still shedding (albeit less than mo 1-3) hairs. However, I'd say my hairline has gotten worse on treatment. My crown thankfully was fine prior to starting my regimen.

Update time.

I'm coming up to 11 months on the big three and my hair loss continues though I'm willing to give it another half a year due to increasing the dose from 0.5mg EOD to 1.25mg ED in January. I have been experiencing brain fog for the past few months and so as of a few days ago put my scales to their use via capping 5mg fin into 5 capsules (150mg/5) equating to a dose of 1mg everyday. I will continue to taper down the dose if the brain fog persists. Also, over the past few months I had been experiencing scalp itch exactly the same to what I experienced pre-treatment so I decided to change things up a bit and moved from ds revita shampoo to regenepure dr and that day the itch started to subside back into nothing.

The big news is that I buzzed my hair down to a 1 guard last night confronting my insecurity head on and was very surprised by the result, I wish I had of done it sooner so I could stop worrying about it so much. To a large degree my hairline remains intact however there is miniaturization throughout the front when viewed from top down showing that its receding back to something just past a NW2. There is thinning around the crown as well which is no where near as bad as I thought it was. Regardless though due to the strength of my other facial features it looks good. As a person I have always been rather insecure about my looks and it just so happened as I was gaining confidence in my self hair loss hit me knocking me back down again. Buzzing my hair has given me a great deal of confidence I've never really had which I'm glad to say though I won't keep it at a 1 guard...I'll play with it a bit longer and look into styling it for lack of a better word.

I will continue treatment in the hope that the loss stops or at the very least slows it down. I figure it'll be another three years before something comes out that will halt it if fin won't and another several years after tech will be out which will allow us to grow back our hair.

The way I look at my hairloss now is that I'm a third of the way back to having a full head of hair and considering all of the things that could be worse it's really not that bad personally at least.

Doctor Representative

The earlier you treat it.. the better the prognosis. Cheers to the young guys who are dealing with it early on!
    AfterHair is a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi

AfterHair's regimen includes:
    HT #1 2710 grafts by Dr Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA in 2012
    Rogaine foam 2xdaily, since 2012
    Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012

Good luck dude.

Long time no update...

I've pretty much ceased all treatment completely a couple of month ago and it had been sporadic for another couple of months prior. Coming off fin & minox I have experienced no sides which is good and as for my hairline I haven't noticed any accelerated loss which I think confirms that it wasn't doing a thing for me unfortunately. I would say my temples are receding at around 1cm a year with the frontal hairline moving back at around a rate of .5cm. Its lame that there's nothing I can really do about it other than wait for something new to be released but that's life.

I'm still rocking the no1 buzz cut with some stubble which looks good and recently acquired a good looking & otherwise lovely girl friend for the first time since my hair loss started and I must say getting with her comes down to one thing which is that I confronted my hair loss as explained in the last update. As mentioned doing so has given me a great deal of confidence that I would not have had if I was still holding onto my thinning hair.

Otherwise, this will be my last update in this thread unless I resume treatment. If my journey has one take away lesson for everyone its that a part of our battle with hair loss are the demons in our mind namely our ego. Confronting it may not always prove to have as happy of an ending as mine but it will help you to accept the reality of the matter and help you to move on should other solutions not be working. I mean there's no point dwelling on what we can't change is there?

Thanks for the wishes and best of luck with your own treatments and lives, fingers crossed a solution for everybody is found soon!