+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default This is my plan....

After researching a lot, and finding out what can be accomplished for a person in my state ie, a NW6 with crap donor.....

I have gone through many options, changing my mind, going round in circles but in reality I was limited and needed to get creative.......

So the plan is to get 2000 grafts transplanted into the hairline and temples which would be similar to this guys (I am strictly referring to the red dots, the transplanted area):

Then, seeing as I am a NW6 and that this would look ridiculous if I just had that done...........I would next get Micro-pigmentation to blend into the this frontal region and to cover the whole scalp.

The idea being to have a natural looking hairline, IMO Micro-pigmentation hairlines often look clearly unnatural and I want to avoid that. Also, the texture and 3D aspect is a bonus. From what I have seen Micro-pigmentation blends in well to the hair on the sides and back of the head so I would hope it blends well into the transplanted hairs at the front.

This is not set in stone, but my latest idea, I have yet to fully convince myself, I have still to work what I am happy to pay, whether it will look good enough to go ahead with, I am going to see a guy with Micro-pigmentation soon, so will get an idea of how natural it looks, I may be convinced that I don't actually need the hair transplant and that it looks natural enough tattooed.

This is a good plan if you are tall. Could you not grow the hair out long and then use toppik for the back and have a perfectly natural hair line?

Forgive if this is what you intend as ATM I assume you will be buzzing all over.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    This is a good plan if you are tall. Could you not grow the hair out long and then use toppik for the back and have a perfectly natural hair line?

Forgive if this is what you intend as ATM I assume you will be buzzing all over.
    True, height is a bonus.

I am about medium height, would be nice to be an inch or so taller, maybe I'll have to wear some high heels , all in all I am glad I am not a short-arse.

The good thing is that I am taller than the vast majority of girls.

I am not totally sure what you mean by use toppik and grow the hair out long. I don't know the ins and outs of Toppik use.......concealers as a whole do not appeal to me. I have virtually no hair on the top of my head, so any concealer would not be able to cling on to any hair.

Yes I will be buzzing to grade 0, which is pretty damn short, so hopefully that will look natural enough.......I don't really want to be wet shaving.

Sausage, can you post a couple photos?

You know what a NW6 looks like don't you?

Currently I am going to wait until I see Micropigmentation face to face before deciding anything.

I am still skeptical of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    You know what a NW6 looks like don't you?
    Since there are various levels of a NW6 I'd say no, I don't. Are you a 2" fringe of fine low density hair or do you have 5 inche of thick high density. the statement of "crap donor" means shit because everyones perception is different. Hence the request for photos.
    If your responses are going to be condensending, don't waste our time seeking advise.

Quote Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    Since there are various levels of a NW6 I'd say no, I don't. Are you a 2" fringe of fine low density hair or do you have 5 inche of thick high density. the statement of "crap donor" means shit because everyones perception is different. Hence the request for photos.
    If your responses are going to be condensending, don't waste our time seeking advise.
    Calm down, it wasn't supposed to be condescending, I am sorry you are offended.

I have very sparse hair remaining over the top of the head......very sparse, so I just have a clear horseshoe, the sparse hair will help slightly to blend in with the SMP and add a natural effect.

Can you name one reputable SMP tech? I can't. Not sure I would trust my head to any of them unless they are doing strip scars, and then I have my doubts as to whether the result will justify the cost.

You have enough hair for a hairline, and your other option is beard hair. If you don't want beard hair, you could do your hairline and wear a yarmulke.

http://www.kippah.com/itemlist.asp?cat=Shul+Yarmulkes

LOL... Good one Wylie. if it were only that easy.

Thanks Sausage.... The only person I would ever consider right now is Milena Lardi in Italy. If that means taking a trip to Italy then so be it. Until someone here in the US has the reputation she has with the results to back it up I'd only trust her hands. And more importantly, its not permanent. No changing colors, no smearing or smudging, if you don't like the look, your not stuck forever.
    That being said, I think your on to something I have thought about for a long time. for those who are in your norwood class. However, I would approach it differently. the key is to keep the 3d elusion throughout the scalp, not just the hairline. Personally, I would focus FUE on the hairline only then create a uniform density of FUE through the rest of the scalp using a combination of scalp and beard hair. The SMP would not be used in the first cm of the hair line but increase darkness and volumn towards the back as not to draw attention. The SMP would also help in the donor area to blend any scaring or dotting you may get.
    Keep in mind, your committing to a 0-1 guard the optimal being .5. Basically the 5 oclock shadow look. Between the FUE and SMP it would both look AND feel like real hair. It has to be a perfect balance of the 2.