Threaded View

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    What do you think are the root causes? I would say it's obviously genes and it's definitely not indicative of a larger actual problem (aside from cosmetic which is of course still significant which is why we're here but not more than that)

Good to see you're caring less and less though provided you're happy.

Edit: Nvm, you answered this.
    Root Causes? MPB is genetic in origin. Take identical twins for instance. Both inherited male pattern baldness. One of the twins is castrated at 9 years old. The castrated brother never develops beard hair at all or body hair to the degree his brother did by age 40. The castrated brother is beardless and has a teenage head of hair when he is 40. The other brother is a Norwood 6 and has a beard and body hair. DHT is like a genetic "catalyst" that can either encourage hair or miniaturize existing hair.

If MPB were cancer, AIDS or heart disease, I personally believe there would be a cure by now. If I were to do research, I would begin the research by extracting beard and miniaturized scalp hair with surrounding tissue from test patients. I would run every test imaginable to compare the two and document the differences. Once the differences have been determined, I would work on developing ways to counteract the differences in the miniaturized scalp hair to move it toward being more like the thick healthy beard hair.

Another approach is to discover why PRP increases hair shaft diameter in some men, why minoxidil helps a little. Of course Propecia and Avodart kind of moves a man closer to castration in a chemical sort of way.

Here at Dr. Cole's office, I enjoy reading technical doctor to doctor studies. The whole process of hair loss is much more complicated than it appears on the surface.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    www.forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck