+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    31

    Default finasteride and libido

    Isn't it possible that the lack of libido is caused by the depression and anxiety of hair loss and not the medication? I think for a good percentage of guys that decide to take the meds, hair loss causes them a lot of grief. It's freaking hard to get horny when you're consumed about hair loss.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boourns View Post
    Isn't it possible that the lack of libido is caused by the depression and anxiety of hair loss and not the medication? I think for a good percentage of guys that decide to take the meds, hair loss causes them a lot of grief. It's freaking hard to get horny when you're consumed about hair loss.
    Depression and anxiety definitely do play a major role in your sex drive. However Finasteride does play its own role as well, but not for every guy on the damn pill. Dutasteride afaik, is supposed to suppress DHT but also increase Testosterone. A few guys I spoke with said their libido went on overdrive while on dutasteride.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Notcoolanymore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A place hot as hell
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    I am not denying the possibility of fin sides. The first thing that people fear the most when it comes to fin are the sexual sides. It is the main thing they obsess about when they finally start taking it. I was/am the same way. I think we can sometimes convince ourselves that something is going on when in reality it isn't. Depression and anxiety can definitely hurt your libido. I think sometimes our own minds can be our worst enemy when it comes to identifying sides.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I am not denying the possibility of fin sides. The first thing that people fear the most when it comes to fin are the sexual sides. It is the main thing they obsess about when they finally start taking it. I was/am the same way. I think we can sometimes convince ourselves that something is going on when in reality it isn't. Depression and anxiety can definitely hurt your libido. I think sometimes our own minds can be our worst enemy when it comes to identifying sides.
    at points in my life i've convinced myself i had ED for reasons that had no earthly business causing it..

    the mind is an extremely powerful thing

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boourns View Post
    Isn't it possible that the lack of libido is caused by the depression and anxiety of hair loss and not the medication?
    Yes absolutely. Not for everyone but for some. My sex drive was lower pre-fin than post-fin because I was so depressed about hair at that time

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    31

    Default

    When I first saw thinning on my crown it felt like my balls shrunk and my penis lost all its feeling. I compared it to the same feeling when a doctor tells a patient that they are dying or has a horrible disease. It was just anxiety after that and no libido.

    You also hear guys claim how their libido never improved after getting off the drug but couldn't it also be very possible it's because some years have passed and their sex drive just naturally slowed down? If 18 is supposedly the peak for a guy's sex drive then it would be downhill from then on.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    at points in my life i've convinced myself i had ED for reasons that had no earthly business causing it..

    the mind is an extremely powerful thing
    Agreed. Your mind can really only concentrate on one thing at a time and if it's more important than sex then it's no time for boner.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    These are rare cases when the use of finasteride results in ED problems. Moreover all of us can react individually to any meds.
    I am on Propecia for about 4 months and my sexual life is not affected at all.
    As it is known ED has Psychological and Physical causes. Those of Psychological type include depression, anxiety, stress. Try not to worry, work on your psychological state and everything will be good.

Similar Threads

  1. Slight loss of libido with Finasteride..
    By stamina123 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-13-2013, 05:04 PM
  2. For those with a low libido...
    By mathmoose in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 02:54 PM
  3. Does Fin always cause low Libido?
    By Parker in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 05:43 AM
  4. Try this if you have ED or loss of Libido from Fin
    By Johny.track131 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 02:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

My Reintroduction...
09-22-2016 04:00 PM
Last Post By Smallville
Today 08:42 PM
I am balding already, 17 year old ?
Today 12:41 PM
by superg
Last Post By Dfaru94
Today 08:15 PM
Where to go UK?
Today 12:54 PM
Last Post By J_B_Davis
Today 06:49 PM
RU- would anyone recommend
09-17-2016 05:03 PM
Last Post By Topgun322
Today 01:14 PM
ruxolitinib
09-22-2016 11:37 AM
by ducu72
Last Post By BoSox
Today 01:02 PM