Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    If you want to add a food to your diet that is truly anti catabolic while being highly anabolic then I would suggest raw pastured butter. Raw butter……….straight from the cow, churned and into the container it goes. For most this would seem to be so odd but what they don’t understand is that nobody makes money from raw pastured butter at least not anything above a reasonable amount of profit. So instead you get protein powder which has a long shelf life and can generate huge amounts of profit as it can be mass marketed. You got a choice an isolate which removes the fat and drastically raises your insulin levels while having very little nutritional value as all the fat has been removed or the concentrate that still has the fat but has been heated high enough to oxidize the valuable fatty acids including cholesterol making it more a burden to the body then a healing agent. Not to mention all the estrogens and antibiotics contained in the original milk of both types.

Raw butter is like the highly skilled fue doctor that the majority of the population never hears about and protein powder is like the robotic system that gets all the press. It’s exactly like that just like many other products that are mass marketed, chemotherapy, SSRI’s, radiation, angioplasty, etc. Mass marketing is purely about profit not about what is best for you…………………learn from people that care about what they are doing and eat butter.
    Hey Topcat. I've seen in another thread that you also are a proponent of large quantities of garlic and eggs. I think you may have also mentioned that you were working on a book or something along those lines. You seem to have well informed views on nutrition so it would be great if you could elaborate a bit further or suggest some resources for us curious folks!