+ Reply to Thread

Default trimming hair after FUE ?

Hello

i recently had a Facial HT with DR J.Epstein ( 1400 graft ) FUE. its been 3 months and am still waitting for the results.

my question is.. i want to trim my hair really short like 0 short , will the scars from FUE be obvious to the naked eye ?

if someone had pictures too it would be really appreaciated

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hivee View Post
    Hello

i recently had a Facial HT with DR J.Epstein ( 1400 graft ) FUE. its been 3 months and am still waitting for the results.

my question is.. i want to trim my hair really short like 0 short , will the scars from FUE be obvious to the naked eye ?

if someone had pictures too it would be really appreaciated

thanks
    hivee,

When you say trim down to zero, are you talking about completely shaving down to skin with a razor? And if so, not sure why you would want to do that considering you had had a HT to grow the hair? Or do you mean buzz down to a number one guide?

You went to an oustanding surgeon so I doubt that you would have much if any noticable scarring and you id not have a real large session. I trust you are completely healed by now if it's been three months. If you heal normally, you should be fine.

Did you present this question to Dr. Epstein?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    hivee,

When you say trim down to zero, are you talking about completely shaving down to skin with a razor? And if so, not sure why you would want to do that considering you had had a HT to grow the hair? Or do you mean buzz down to a number one guide?

You went to an oustanding surgeon so I doubt that you would have much if any noticable scarring and you id not have a real large session. I trust you are completely healed by now if it's been three months. If you heal normally, you should be fine.

Did you present this question to Dr. Epstein?

no i ment trim it really really short , not with a razor tho.
    i got a Facial HT filled my beard with extra hair so the transplant isnt on my head

and yes Dr J.Epstein and his staff did an amazing job am just worried that it will be obvious if i cut it really short

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Jeffrey Epstein, MD's Avatar

It's a pleasure to help clarify my experience with this issue- scarring after FUE procedures. I am answering this question on this site both because I do not recall seeing this specific question in my email over the past few weeks, and because it is a valuable topic to discuss.
    With just 1400 or so FUE grafts harvested, using a 0.8 mm punch, there should essentially be no detectable scarring, even with the head fully shaved. Occasionally with very close observation, there can be some very tiny hypopigmented (lighter in color) dots.
    Let me know how this works out for you-

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
    Miami and NYC
    Jeffrey S. Epstein, MD
    Foundation For Hair Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Epstein, MD View Post
    It's a pleasure to help clarify my experience with this issue- scarring after FUE procedures. I am answering this question on this site both because I do not recall seeing this specific question in my email over the past few weeks, and because it is a valuable topic to discuss.
    With just 1400 or so FUE grafts harvested, using a 0.8 mm punch, there should essentially be no detectable scarring, even with the head fully shaved. Occasionally with very close observation, there can be some very tiny hypopigmented (lighter in color) dots.
    Let me know how this works out for you-

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
    Miami and NYC
    thanks for the the replay dr epstein ya am gonna try to trim it after month just to give it more time to heal.

and just to clarify the e-mail was sent to Jhon.

thanks again for the great work my donor area looks untouched ( with hair on ) i will e-mail you some pictures