A Hair “Cloning/Multiplication” Breakthrough from China (?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FearTheLoss
    • Dec 2012

I wonder if this is what Dr. Wesley is going to try and do in his next clinical trial?

Comment

• mari0s
      • Jul 2013

wat i can't understand yet is the *actual* cell therapy can really do: messenchymal cells + buldge cells in a cultivation medium + growth factors and then injected in a scalp after 2d cultivation reach the desired count (i don't talk about 3d or beard)
      what they do to a 5-alpha-reductase in a DP? it's enough to limited it's overexpression?

Comment

• Boldy
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by mari0s
        wat i can't understand yet is the *actual* cell therapy can really do: messenchymal cells + buldge cells in a cultivation medium + growth factors and then injected in a scalp after 2d cultivation reach the desired count (i don't talk about 3d or beard)
        what they do to a 5-alpha-reductase in a DP? it's enough to limited it's overexpression?
        How do you mean?, the donor dp, is safe from ar..

Comment

• mari0s
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Boldy
          How do you mean?, the donor dp, is safe from ar..
          yes i know (well not always, those who have DUPA are affected too)

what i mean is that actual (experimental) therapy based on cultivated DP cells from the donor mixed with growth factor and injected in the scalp seems to have a limited effect and not to all 100% of patients so i assume that they can't be able to "reprogram" the follicles that overexpress 5AR

you are really in good mood, it's first time you answer me ( i'm joking)

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Wait, simply plucking a hair and implanting it back into the scalp showed 10-20% chance of growth for the recipient?

Why not just pluck 6,000 hairs from the back of your head and keep implanting until you've got enough density?! At 6,000 plucked, 600-1,200 hairs would continue growing. Do this enough times and you've got some DECENT success.

WTF??

Comment

Working...