+ Reply to Thread

Default Just a thought with respect to regrowth..

Just food for thought...

Does how fast your hair grows play a part in how fast your hair follicles can hypothetically "thicken"?

I started taking fin and rogaine 2 weeks ago, obviously I haven't seen anything yet on the thinning hairline other than I'm pretty sure I've been shedding more thin hairs lately.

However, my hair grows pretty fast, and always has. At least I think it does..
    It takes my hair about 10 days to grow from a 4 clipper to a 7 clipper size, not exactly sure how much that is but the part of the follicles that I cut off seem to be about 1/8th of an inch.

Not sure if this is because of genetics, diet, supplements (biotin?) or whatever, but would this potentially effect the time period of waiting between starting treatment and seeing positive results?

I'm 21, by the way.

Biotin and vitamin D makes my hair and nails grow super fast!

Just started minox aswell. I doubt hair that grows fast will show results sooner then hair that grows at a normal rate, but i hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, I mean my thought would be maybe....

Since the hair follicle is growing faster, it would maybe make the thickening process more rapid as the hair sheds and regrows thicker at a faster rate?

I doubt it would have any effect on the dormancy phase that the follicle experiences, which is not what I am referring to.

I used to think the same way, but after using MSM and Biotin myself to aid Rogaine/fin, I realized that is not the case. I just found my diffused horse shoe pattern becoming noticeable faster, and having to buzz more often.

However, MSM/Biotin would supposedly work a lot different on hair transplant patients. In that situation, using Biotin or MSM would probably give you some favorable results. But from my experience, I doubt it'll speed up your results if you are just on hair loss meds.

With that said, it will not make your MPB any worse, so it will not hurt to take it and try it. Remember, our bodies are all different, they react differently to certain drugs/vitamins. So it may not have done anything for me, but it could for you. And you really aren't hurting your results, so I suggest to give a try.