+ Reply to Thread

Default Considering a hair transplant

What do you guys think? Pictures here: http://imgur.com/GWzccxs,FuhB0gA,b7H...GJNr,k5gjffD#0
    That's my hair wet, slicked back so it shows my hairline well. Picture 5 shows it the best i think.

I'm just looking to have a decent hairline again. With this hairline i can't do **** in terms of styling. I don't want a justin bieber hairline, just something decent.
    I'm pretty sure this is what they call a "mature hairline". My brother, who's 5 years older than me, has the exact same hairline as I do. We even compared hairline and it's exactly the same. We're also exactly the same height, so we probably have the same genes in terms of hair and height... I have no crown balding whatsoever, the density of my hair is still thick everywhere but the temples.

I've also been taking finasteride (fincar) and minoxidil once a day for about a year now, hasn't done **** in terms of regrowth on my temples, but my hairline has stayed exactly the same though. I also have no side effects whatsoever on the finasteride... Boners still strong as ever, never noticed anything out of whack.

If i did get a transplant, how many grafts do you think i'd require? I've already sent a couple of email consultations around, still waiting for replies.

nobody have any opinions?

sorry about that, here's a correct link to the album:

http://imgur.com/GWzccxs,FuhB0gA,b7H...GJNr,k5gjffD#0

Based on that pic, I don't think you need a HT .

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ardana View Post
    What do you guys think? Pictures here: http://imgur.com/GWzccxs,FuhB0gA,b7H...GJNr,k5gjffD#0
    That's my hair wet, slicked back so it shows my hairline well. Picture 5 shows it the best i think.

I'm just looking to have a decent hairline again. With this hairline i can't do **** in terms of styling. I don't want a justin bieber hairline, just something decent.
    I'm pretty sure this is what they call a "mature hairline". My brother, who's 5 years older than me, has the exact same hairline as I do. We even compared hairline and it's exactly the same. We're also exactly the same height, so we probably have the same genes in terms of hair and height... I have no crown balding whatsoever, the density of my hair is still thick everywhere but the temples.

I've also been taking finasteride (fincar) and minoxidil once a day for about a year now, hasn't done **** in terms of regrowth on my temples, but my hairline has stayed exactly the same though. I also have no side effects whatsoever on the finasteride... Boners still strong as ever, never noticed anything out of whack.

If i did get a transplant, how many grafts do you think i'd require? I've already sent a couple of email consultations around, still waiting for replies.
    Age and family history of hair loss are extremely important considerations.

The following is an example of a young man who had hairline improvement when he was young. His hair loss progressed as he aged and left a band of hair across his forehead. This can be fixed but you don't want to go there.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hairline.jpg

Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	22574  
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Whatever you decide, take it nice and slow and pick surgeons who do FUE manually with years of experience to save you the headache and heartache of future corrections or a less than optimal final result. Have you consulted with any docs yet? Id say to fill in the corners your looking at around 1500 grafts +- depending on desired placement density. Dont get too excited with posted results, rather see if you can meet patients with similar losses from doctors that interest you. Do look into docs in Europe and Turkey as well.