+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    It is easy to call people incompetent when you have little understanding of the complexities involved.
    40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixers View Post
    I hear you man, but I would just like to raise some awareness and possibly speed things up. Maybe it's the whole Ice Bucket ALS Awareness fad going on, but it's hard to ignore the attention and effect it's having on society. I think more people need to know what we're going through, especially the younger balding men. Depression is a serious disorder and MPB can have a very agonizing effect and your well being and overall mental health. Also, another thing we have going for us is social media and the overall unity of others going through the same thing. It doesn't matter what race, religion, social status, political association you identify yourself as, we all can agree that MPB, especially too soon, sucks.
    And it's exactly THAT kind of campaign that I was talking about before that I'd like to see go viral for hair loss.

This Ice Bucket Challenge is a spin off of 'Neknominate'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neknominate

Sample videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzdykwAEkk0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixNAyqb8qNw

Essentially, its just an online drinking game; you get dared to do something crazy drinking alcohol and then you nominate three other people.

Of course, you could apply a similar trend to hair loss (like getting someone to shave it all off or something)... but I think it will eventually become a lame hipster fad and miss the point completely.

But anyway... we need some transparency from the researchers of how far they REALLY are creating terminal hair growing follicles. At this point they need incentives to create socially acceptable follicles (none of this velus or microfollicle crap) and then an crowdfunding campaign would cover ALL of their costs for clinical trials but I would like to see the team get a nice BONUS too as a reward for actually getting something DONE for once.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    40 years.
    40 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I don't think raising public awareness for hair loss will accomplish anything. The ALS ice bucket thing is nothing more than a fad, I bet more than 50% of people have no idea even what the disease is.

The only hope is large pharmas realizing that there are millions of people across the globe who are willing to pay for a topical DHT blocker without significant sides.

Quote Originally Posted by inbrugge View Post
    I don't think raising public awareness for hair loss will accomplish anything. The ALS ice bucket thing is nothing more than a fad, I bet more than 50% of people have no idea even what the disease is.

The only hope is large pharmas realizing that there are millions of people across the globe who are willing to pay for a topical DHT blocker without significant sides.
    Exactly, everyone my age (17-19) thinks it's just something to get more followers on twitter, I asked everyone that brought it up of they knew what it was for, no one had a clue. Whenever someone my age asks about my hair loss they look at me quizzically and say "why don't you just get bosley?" I tell them it's not that simple. To them, baldness is already cured. At least I don't catch hell for balding though.

How is the project going? I feel it's a great idea and would definitely take part

Quote Originally Posted by lfneves View Post
    How is the project going? I feel it's a great idea and would definitely take part
    Got stalled thanks to the naysayers. These are the same people that are complacent with current treatment, now matter how ineffective they are.