+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    Not a big fan of PHP but yes, I could do it. But my combat tools are modern web frameworks (Rails, Django, Nodejs, etc...). So I prefer the modern stuff. Anyways, since we would need one, we should set up a blog with wordpress, since it is the preferred blog engine, thats not a problem... For the crowdfunding site I already have re-usable source code for Rails (kickstarter.com itself also uses Rails)...

About the funds going to Aderans... what if we setup the campaign and here in Europe teams like Roland Lauster's team decide to grab the money and start working on a solution for the market?. I wouldnt limit our options to a company/team, at least initially. This can stimulate competitivity... and that's good.
    I think Lauster's team is funded by government since its a University. Not sure if they'd more funding, but we could always inquire?

I'll leave the framework/coding to you though. First things we'd need to tackle are:

1. Name
    2. Logo
    3. Brand/Look and Feel

Then:
    4. Strategy
    5. Website
    6. Social Media (facebook, twitter, etc)
    7. Reaching out to media and news sources and gaining momentum.

Not an easy task, but easily doable. I just want my hair back... good god, is it so much to ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I think Lauster's team is funded by government since its a University. Not sure if they'd more funding, but we could always inquire?
    Exactly. We would send the RFP to all the teams we know have been working on this. Thing is the proposal must be serious, so probably with the money we should setup a legal entity in USA or EU. (In UK it's cheap, quick and easy)

I'll leave the framework/coding to you though. First things we'd need to tackle are:

1. Name
    2. Logo
    3. Brand/Look and Feel

Then:
    4. Strategy
    5. Website
    6. Social Media (facebook, twitter, etc)
    7. Reaching out to media and news sources and gaining momentum.
    The most important point is 4. The other points are soooo easy they're laughable. I will setup a dedicated site/forum this weekend so we can discuss there. Less talk, more action.

Not an easy task, but easily doable. I just want my hair back... good god, is it so much to ask for?
    We're all together in this bro.

I'm almost NW3 with mild diffuse thinning and clearly heading to hell.. We can think of this as another "try". People here has tried CB, RU, Toco, starting dermaroller, and now... why don't we try a Crowdfunding Campaign? The OP (and you) have had a great idea.

Been lurking this forum (and others like HS) almost every night for 3 or 4 years and I'm just TIRED. This industry has clearly stagnated, we need real community driven initiatives that push innovation forward. They're doing it for other diseases here on http://www.medstartr.com/ and other many places, so why not for MPB?

I hope the community likes the idea, we don't have many other options left... we need to tackle this ourselves.

Exactly. We would send the RFP to all the teams we know have been working on this. Thing is the proposal must be serious, so probably with the money we should setup a legal entity in USA or EU. (In UK it's cheap, quick and easy)

The most important point is 4. The other points are soooo easy they're laughable. I will setup a dedicated site/forum this weekend so we can discuss there. Less talk, more action.

I'm almost NW3 with mild diffuse thinning and clearly heading to hell.. We can think of this as another "try". People here has tried CB, RU, Toco, starting dermaroller, and now... why don't we try a Crowdfunding Campaign? The OP (and you) have had a great idea.

Been lurking this forum (and others like HS) almost every night for 3 or 4 years and I'm just TIRED. This industry has clearly stagnated, we need real community driven initiatives that push innovation forward. They're doing it for other diseases here on http://www.medstartr.com/, why not for MPB?

I hope the community likes the idea, we don't have many other options left... we need to tackle this ourselves.
    I'm at work at the moment, so I can't type up everything I want to, however I *will* touch base with you in this thread soon.

I believe we definitely can get something done about this.

The worst problem is this:

Whatever we do fund, the FDA is going to be a complete fvcking bitch about it and demand YEARS of trials.

Most of us don't have years to waste on the FDA constantly fvcking us over, we need action NOW before we're not left with any hair.

Been lurking this forum (and others like HS) almost every night for 3 or 4 years and I'm just TIRED. This industry has clearly stagnated, we need real community driven initiatives that push innovation forward. They're doing it for other diseases here on http://www.medstartr.com/ and other many places, so why not for MPB?

Make a kickstarter.com raise the funds have some goals and who ever reaches those goals gets the money. Make a competition. Either medication or regrowth of donor area all at the cost a normal person can pay. Call it The Manhattan Project or Project F%*k The FDA

Hey guys I was long off because I am really depressed right now.
    But I read this thread and I really want to help: with money and with anything else.
    How can we communicate the best?

Should we choose a project leader?
    And which idea are we going to fund?

Quote Originally Posted by ar50 View Post
    Hey guys I was long off because I am really depressed right now.
    But I read this thread and I really want to help: with money and with anything else.
    How can we communicate the best?

Should we choose a project leader?
    And which idea are we going to fund?
    These are things we all need to discuss collectively. I've mentioned this kind of venture before a long time ago, but it never gained steam.

I suppose it takes the potential demise of Aderans for us to take action.

Hicks: I like the sound of 'Project **** The FDA'. A little to harsh but we should definitely keep that angle in the pot of ideas.

I'd like to see something implemented into the project similar to 'Who Killed The Electric Car'

Basically, it calls out EVERYONE in the industry, hinting at blame on the public, the automakers, the oil industry, lawmakers, etc. I suppose we could do something similar on a number of issues; Who's fault is it that theres no cure? Who's fault is it that baldness is a laughing matter? Target both physical and psychological aspects of this disease and FORCE the audience (society) to notice it as a VERY real problem for many men and women.

I'd love to have some case studies on the effects of baldness shot on video with peoples stories being told. Everyone loves a good story, even if its depressing. But we need to address the problem from every angle possible.

These are things we all need to discuss collectively. I've mentioned this kind of venture before a long time ago, but it never gained steam.

I suppose it takes the potential demise of Aderans for us to take action.

Hicks: I like the sound of 'Project **** The FDA'. A little to harsh but we should definitely keep that angle in the pot of ideas.

I'd like to see something implemented into the project similar to 'Who Killed The Electric Car'

Basically, it calls out EVERYONE in the industry, hinting at blame on the public, the automakers, the oil industry, lawmakers, etc. I suppose we could do something similar on a number of issues; Who's fault is it that theres no cure? Who's fault is it that baldness is a laughing matter? Target both physical and psychological aspects of this disease and FORCE the audience (society) to notice it as a VERY real problem for many men and women.

I'd love to have some case studies on the effects of baldness shot on video with peoples stories being told. Everyone loves a good story, even if its depressing. But we need to address the problem from every angle possible.

What you saying is not a bad idea!
    I really want to do this. All we need is a few guys who really want this.
    If we have our own site with a news letter, we can spread the word to our friends. We all have friends who are balding. If we do this right with a right project leader and motivated people, we can reach somthing.

and with the right promotion, we can generate money

but what i really want to is how far 3D printing can help our problem. I also read in a thread that they were able to create arms and legs for people with amputated arms and legs.

And the most important: dr lauster.
    Last edited by ar50; 08-08-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: not finished

Quote Originally Posted by ar50 View Post
    What you saying is not a bad idea!
    I really want to do this. All we need is a few guys who really want this.
    If we have our own site with a news letter, we can spread the word to our friends. We all have friends who are balding. If we do this right with a right project leader and motivated people, we can reach somthing.

and with the right promotion, we can generate money

but what i really want to is how far 3D printing can help our problem. I also read in a thread that they were able to create arms and legs for people with amputated arms and legs.

And the most important: dr lauster.
    I think its best to first layout the groundwork and get all the materials created and launched before we start reaching out to anyone.

Lauster has been sitting on a gold mine for years. This guy really needs to speak up on behalf of all baldies... the dude is bald himself:

I think the some people behind the HT clinics paid him a hugh ammount of money to stop with is work( just like they probably paid the FDA).

Our biggest enemies are the mutherpluckers who dont want us to have as much as info as they. They dont want any solution for hair loss because then their scheisty clinics would be obsolete.

But on topic:

I dont know where im useful for but I am willing to invest time and money in this project.