Topical Fin (hasson and wong)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burtandernie
    • Nov 2012

I cant see why the same chemical used topically would not go systemic just as if you used orally. The thing that makes CB so promising is that the chemical itself turns into a harmless naturally occurring chemical once it hits the blood stream at least in theory so far they think so. We need something that works at the receptor level or some other approach than just lowering all DHT.

Comment

• Justinian
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by burtandernie
      I cant see why the same chemical used topically would not go systemic just as if you used orally. The thing that makes CB so promising is that the chemical itself turns into a harmless naturally occurring chemical once it hits the blood stream at least in theory so far they think so. We need something that works at the receptor level or some other approach than just lowering all DHT.
      Some will certainly go systemic, but not all of it. The idea behind topical fin is to minimize this, not to avoid it completely.

There is 5ar in the scalp, so there may be a benefit of inhibiting 5ar locally as compared to the entire bloodstream.
      Hair growth depends on a close interaction of different cell populations of the hair follicle. In certain regions of the body, androgens interfere with this highly regulated cooperation in a yet poorly understood manner. The response of hair follicles to androgens can be categorized as androgen-depe …

Comment

• FearTheLoss
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by nicefella123
        Hey thanks for the reply dude! I got my prescription but I've never tried fin before. Just horrified with what I've read on oral fin. Dr. Hasson told me he has about 50 patients on topical fin with good results and these people had sides on oral but no sides on topical.

Gonna pick it up soon!
        hows it going for you man?

Comment

• jay woo
          • Apr 2013

Not trying to side track the thread as this is not related to Hasson and Wong, but is related to topical Fin. Has anyone tried to contact this doctor in Thailand http://www.mfu.ac.th/school/anti-agi...17-07-2555.pdf. I am wondering if he has any additional information from his research or maybe a source for topical Fin. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23193746 Most doctors in thailand will do private work outside of the listed hospitals.

Comment

• goldnt
            • Jan 2014

Iron dragon sells topical fin.

Comment

• Jazz1
              Inactive
              • Aug 2012

Lol 10 years later I been using topical FIN past 5 years haha.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                • Dec 2012

no update from NiceFella...im assuming he had no sides then.

Comment

• Smallville
                  • Jul 2016

bump!

Comment

• RU58841
                    • Mar 2015

Hey Smallville, this thread might be of interest to you: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...al-topical-fin

Still waiting on Hasson & Wong to make their topical fin available to people in the US.

Comment

• Smallville
                      • Jul 2016

Originally posted by RU58841
                      Hey Smallville, this thread might be of interest to you: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...al-topical-fin

Still waiting on Hasson & Wong to make their topical fin available to people in the US.
                      Thank you sir.

I got this reply back from H&W just now..

Thank you for contacting us.

So far our patients have not experienced side effects on the Liposomal Topical Finasteride formulation and the results are the same as with the oral medication, but with a considerably lower absorption into the blood stream.

The pharmacy will be able to provide information as far as how much DHT it will inhibit, and you can find their contact information on the link below, along with the form you would need to have filled out by your doctor in order to be able to procure the medication.

Hair transplant surgery by world renowned Hasson & Wong. FUE hair transplants & FUT surgery options are available. Over 20,000 surgeries performed!

At the moment I do not have any information about a Topical Liposomal Dutasteride formulation but as soon as that would be available, the information would be posted on our website.

Please refer to our website for more information.

Comment

• RU58841
                        • Mar 2015

What country do you live in?

Comment

• Smallville
                          • Jul 2016

What country do you live in?
                          Canada

Comment

• RU58841
                            • Mar 2015

Oh, so are you going to try it?

Comment

• Smallville
                              • Jul 2016

Oh, so are you going to try it?
                              I think so... but I'm worried of it increasing hair loss (RU did that to me)

Also, you think it'll work decently..?? I haven't seem many positive reviews at all???

Comment

• RU58841
                                • Mar 2015

It hasn't been used by many people yet, so we really don't know. But it's a promising option at a time when we don't have many other options.

As far as experiencing worse hairloss on RU, did you happen to get symptoms of hyperandrogenicity (oily skin, increased libido, acne)? And I think you said you used it for 3 months?

I never got increased hairloss from RU, but I did get initial sheds the both times I started finasteride, both lasting for about 2 months of increased shedding in areas where the hair was already weak. As for whether that'll happen on the topical, that's what I'm wondering and worried about too, but if it works at all then I'd imagine it would ultimately save more hair and I'd only be losing hair that's going to be lost soon anyway, I guess.

But in my case, the increase in fin hair shedding was noticeable and sudden. So if nothing else, you could probably monitor your hair in the shower with a haircatcher in the drain and stop the drug if it worries you.

Comment

Working...