Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default H&W NuYuInk© SMP Result - Shaved Effect

This client came to Hasson & Wong to inquire about surgery but unfortunately his hair loss was far greater than what his limited donor supply could provide. However, he then decided to give our NuYuInk© procedure a try and wound up having two sessions for the result you see below.

The client is young so he wanted something aggressive with a "sculpted" appearance which is popular in the hip-hop scene. The great thing is that as he gets older and his tastes change then he will be able to alter his hairline for a more graduated increase in density and/or with more recession. This is only possible with temporary SMP.

www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

that is a very nice result.

can i ask.
    is it possible to use the limited donor over the smp? for a more 3d look ? at least spare fues around?
    or not?

TYTR,

Glad you like it and thank you. FUE could be used to sprinkle more hairs on top but at this point it's not really needed. He's happy with the result and to see it in person is really quite impressive. I know it stands up to scrutiny because this client has been on television since his sessions with us and in front of dozens of photographers as well.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

Joetronic, I hate to keep bugging you with questions as I'm sure you are busy living your life and picking up chicks with your awesome hair haha...

but I have 2 questions...

1. If a person has major diffuse thinning and get's smp...how short does the hair need to be cut for it to blend well? like what guard?

2. If a patient has blond hair, could different shades of smp be used to make the hair look darker when shaved? because I think people with dark hair look better shaved with that black shadow as opposed to someone with a light color hair shaved....

Fear,

I hate to keep bugging you with questions as I'm sure you are busy living your life and picking up chicks with your awesome hair haha...
    You're not bugging me. I'm happy to answer your questions. I'm not picking up chicks, my wife keeps c*ckblocking me, lol!

I think that in general a 1 guard or no guard is best but it depends on the areas that are treated. If the entire area is diffused then one can get away with a longer look and the SMP will be of benefit.

For example, we have one patient that had cancer and he was going through lots of chemotherapy. All of his hair fell out and he was clean bald, front to back and on both sides. He's in much better shape now and his hair has been growing back like crazy. When all of his hair fell out we did several passes with SMP all over his scalp to help alleviate the appearance of his condition but the SMP is now acting as nice undercover for the hair that is growing out. His hair length is about a #2 or #3 guard all over and he's got a pretty good concealer type effect going on. It is better than I would have suspected and it wasn't even on our radar when we did the work to begin with.

2. If a patient has blond hair, could different shades of smp be used to make the hair look darker when shaved? because I think people with dark hair look better shaved with that black shadow as opposed to someone with a light color hair shaved....
    To an extent, yes. Sometimes blonder hair is actually darker at the base where it exits the scalp. We have varying shades that go as light as "dirty blonde" but the degree of shading or how dark we go depends on how short you want to go and if your hair is truly blonde at the base. I hope that makes sense.
    www.HassonandWong.com

Yes, it definitely makes sense! thank you for your time and knowledge! and sorry to hear about that c*ckblocking haha, but at least she cares.

Am I the only one with eyes?

What doesn't help is the guy has his hair at a grade 1 or 2 length so it does not blend in with the micro-pigmentation.

It would be helpful to see photos of him with it at grade 0 or less.

Again, like the previous example I commented on, I can't really distinguish individual dots, it all seems to blend into one single tone all over the scalp which stands out because it is darker than his face skin.

I am seriously considering micro-pigmentation as an option for me, it is a off-puting to see a result like this.

I just hope it is something to do with the orangey lighting used in the photos and the fact he hadn't cut his hair to a suitable length.

Is there going to be an SMP section on the Hasson and Wong website?

Sausage,

What doesn't help is the guy has his hair at a grade 1 or 2 length so it does not blend in with the micro-pigmentation.
    He usually cuts it to a grade 0 especially since we told him to. It's about a 1 guard in these photos. Shorter would be better but it works very well even at this length.

It would be helpful to see photos of him with it at grade 0 or less.
    There will be more photos in the future I'm sure since he will be coming back eventually for maintenance. I'll see what I can do to allow us to shave it freshly before we take new shots but really, you're talking about a difference of mere millimeters.

Again, like the previous example I commented on, I can't really distinguish individual dots, it all seems to blend into one single tone all over the scalp which stands out because it is darker than his face skin.
    I think there might be something wrong with your monitor. I see the dots on my monitors with no problem.

I just hope it is something to do with the orangey lighting used in the photos and the fact he hadn't cut his hair to a suitable length.
    Again, maybe your monitor is off a bit. I see no orange on my monitors. I think maybe you are expecting too much from SMP because it isn't a perfect solution and if one looks close enough they will find flaws.

If one is not privy to the fact that SMP has been performed (assuming it is done by a competent office) they would have a hard time knowing that something is off if they weren't forewarned. I can't go into too much detail but this guy gets a LOT of scrutiny over his looks, in front of the camera and even on television. Not a single comment has been made except that the shaved head looks really good on him. This is based on what he has told me about how his colleagues perceive him. He's actually busier with work now than he's ever been and he credits our SMP for his increased amount of work.
    www.HassonandWong.com

Is there going to be an SMP section on the Hasson and Wong website?
    Kiwi,

No, not specifically. We're building out a separate web presence for our SMP work. I'll share it with the group once it's ready and you'll see links to it on our main website most likely.
    www.HassonandWong.com