Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    Kiwi,

No, not specifically. We're building out a separate web presence for our SMP work. I'll share it with the group once it's ready and you'll see links to it on our main website most likely.
    Thanks Jotronic. Look forward to seeing this.

I've had two FUT treatments and I'm keen to shave right down and get the scars filled in.

I have blonde hair and am keen to see examples of this.

While I think its bold what this person has done I want to do something more subtle. Personally I think that is when SMP looks the best. Especially with and FUE sprinkled around to give it a more 3D look.

I'm excited.

Looks very good.

You've mentioned temporary SMP; how temporary is this?

Am I understanding that at one point it will start to fade if not touched up?

Have you had patients in for a touch up yet, and do their results look similarly good to the first SMP done?

Looks great, thank you for posting!

My only criticism with technique, is the sharp hairline in the temporal area. You can see his actual hair beyond the SMP line. He did want an aggressive style, so perhaps this was a factor.

Good to know such positive results can be achieved.

I would consider SMP down the road, I like the shaved head look on me...I just like hair on me better.

If you repeatedly get temporary SMP it will cost you £1000 a year.

I am not sure what temporary SMP is designed for except being a precursor to permanent SMP. Temporary SMP is too expensive to keep going back to unless you are rich.

Sausage, the problem with permanent is that if you decided you didn't like it, the only way to get rid of the ink is through laser treatment. This is costly, painful, and can cause scarring. Also, what if the ink turns color?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairthere View Post
    Sausage, the problem with permanent is that if you decided you didn't like it, the only way to get rid of the ink is through laser treatment. This is costly, painful, and can cause scarring. Also, what if the ink turns color?
    True, how costly though? and apparently the ink won't change colour according to HIS.

If there was something like this you could get which lasted for say a month it would be a ideal way of seeing if you are happy to live with ink on your head.

No offense but sorry this does not look right. If this patient came to me and asked me to give him this hairline with SMP I would tell him sorry but I'm not going to do that........why.............because I would just not be able to do it with a good conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    No offense but sorry this does not look right. If this patient came to me and asked me to give him this hairline with SMP I would tell him sorry but I'm not going to do that........why.............because I would just not be able to do it with a good conscience.

topcat, this is temporary ink...it fades every two years or so and goes away...so they can, in the future, give this client a higher hairline that suites his age as he grows.

This is actually another great example where there needs to be hair already in the area of the SMP for it to work. Even if you had a light density, there still needs to be hair. the sides, back and some areas of the top look great. The front looks slightly off because its a 2D area that is transitioning into a 3D area. He has the perfect head shape for this hair style and look, I would consider FUE in the front zone area and the outcome would be that much improved. Any decrease in density or minor dotting in the donor is easily blended with SMP.

SMP looks far better with someone who already has hair and is simply looking to add density.

It may not look perfect but it's still better than nothing.

Very few people outside the hair loss world could tell he had any work done.