+ Reply to Thread

Default 23 Y,O Starting Fin, What norwood am i and how do you rate my chances of success?PICS

Hi Chaps,

So, I wish i'd have gotten on the Fin earlier. I started to notice i was losing my hair a year ago. My top and crown seem quite unaffected (still got a thick covering, though there are some miniaturized hairs coming from the crown i find on my pillow.) It's mainly at the hairline and in the front top i feel i'm losing it. Feels a bit tender and itchy, that'll be DHT attack no doubt . My dad is really bald, and went about NW 4-5 bald in his late twenties, My mothers side has good hair genetics, my grandfather had a thick curl-laden mop till he died in his seventies; my hair looks a lot like his did. The baseline of my hair is starting to thinnen out, the strands are a bit thin and the hairline is the entrance into a somewhat sparser follicular jungle, leading into the thick as you move a few Cm's in. This is something i've only just noticed, which concerns me as i perceive it to be quite a rapid loss. Though that could be my fairly acute paranoia taking a hold. Basically i have a couple of questions.

Can and will fin help me maintain the hairline i have now?

What am i on the Norwood scale? (I'm finding it hard to judge it myself!)

Should i titrate my finasteride, or just go straight into it (i'm inclined to do the latter, as i want to maintain as much as i can, i'm not shitting myself about the sides, i'll just stop if they make themselves known)

Does everyone without exceptions go through a really destructive shed through the use of fin?

ANy other advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys

stimpy

oh, and it's worth mentioning, when i was my hair, about 1 time every 2/3 days, i may notice around 30-60 miniturized haiirs in the water. YIKES

http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/443/lwr0.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/821/7n8e.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/826/3aqp.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/32/0ndi.jpg
    Last edited by stimpy; 08-07-2013 at 04:46 AM. Reason: forgot summat

I'm not really good at judging Norwoods so someone else would be better at that. All I'm going to say is if you're suffering from MPB you need to get on finasteride as soon as possible (+Nizoral a few times per week). I've said it before every poster on this site wishes they would have gotten on it earlier. It's easy to maintain what you have but much harder to grow it back.

Your hair looks fine to me. Maybe a little temple recession. Is your crown thinning?

I'd say you're a NW2.5 Its likely that Fin would help you stop or significantly slow down your loss.

As far as fin sheds go, that is a tough one. On every hairloss forum, it is just horror story after horror story of guys going through catostrophic sheds thats make their hair look 10x worse than before they started. These horror stories are what kept me from going onto fin for 1 1/2 years. It could happen, but I'm guessing that those who go through bad sheds are over represented on these forums from what goes on in reality.

Hi guys thanks for the replies, I just started pros car a few days ago, and in answer to your question I have no visible thinning on the crown. I've always had quite a high hairline but its receded in the last year at the temples by a few cms , I'm sure of it. What have you done about your hairless out of interest?

The sooner you start, the better. If you are consistent, you can recover most of what you have lost, since you started treating so early, which is the way it should be done.