+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thank you guys for the prompt response!

Hellouser, I honestly wish you success. I've been keeping an eye on your dermaroller thread and am hopeful that you guys get positive results!

Bigthinker, I've always had thinish hair. Everyone from my maternal side, including my teenage sister, have full heads of hair, but thin. That's what bugs me though because if I were to be a diffuse thinner I wouldn't know until it's too late. That's why idk whether to act or not.

I probably have ocd or something lol

Also hellouser, or anyone who's looking for a bit of optimism, just because you're going bald does not mean that all hope for attracting girls is gone. I have a step cousin who is 30 years old, probably somewhere between a NW4 or 5, wears thick rimmed glasses, and quite honestly is a nerdy looking fellow. Anyway, despite all this, this dude has some serious game. He's an engineer and is doing pretty well for himself, but is in no way rich or anything like that. This guy just attracts people with his personality.

I know it's become somewhat of a trite saying, but girls really are attracted to confidence. That's why I always say, if you don't got, fake it till you do. I'm sure if he could he would rather have a full head of hair, but it hasn't slowed him down in any way whatsoever. So everyone, try to stay optimistic about life. Good things will come.

Quote Originally Posted by optimisticyouth View Post
    I know it's become somewhat of a trite saying, but girls really are attracted to confidence.
    It's true. But sadly even in a forum called "The Bald Truth" there are many members who are simply not interested in truth of any kind. They want anything and everything but the truth.

BTW, You are not balding. You do not need Propecia. If you really want to take something that might help prevent it, take a good quality saw palmetto complex along with a good quality "hair, skin & nails" multivitamin that contains biotin.

Thanks Tracy. I guess I'll just try to relax for a while. I'll continue to post pics to get everyone's opinion in a few months though lol.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by optimisticyouth View Post
    Hey guys! Went to a hair transplant doctor today to get my hair checked out. He tugged and looked at my hair. Long story short, he said he doesn't believe I'm balding. I feel a little bit better, considering this is the second doctor who's told me this, but this doctor offered to prescribe me propecia just so I would stop worrying about my hair all the time.

Anyway, my question is, other than the regularly discussed about side effects, what harm could taking propecia as a preemptive defense against balding bring? Could it, for example, cause hair sensitivity to dht in the long run?

Btw, here's a bonus question. The hairs on the lower back part of my head are thick, black, and curly. The hairs everywhere else are kinda medium brown, straighter, and somewhat thinner. The doctor said it's normal for hair thickness and texture to vary across the scalp. What are you opinions on this?

Thanks!
    I am the photographer here at Dr. Cole's office. Your hair looks fine. Let me give you an example... My wife has a low hairline and very thick hair. If I were to wet her hair and take a photo under the lighting you used, I could make her hair appear thin in a photo.

If you are in the Atlanta area, call us so you can stop by. We will give you a free HairCheck. This measures hair mass across specific points on your scalp. By comparing the hair mass index, we get an accurate picture of what's happening with your hair, if anything.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 03:22 PM.