View Poll Results: How long did you use Saw Palmetto?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • A year or longer and it worked!

0 0%
  • A year or longer and it didn't work!

2 66.67%
  • 6 months - 1 Year

1 33.33%
  • 3 - 6 months

0 0%
  • Less than 3 months

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Question for Saw Palmetto Users

Hi, all.

I'm curious about your usage of saw palmetto and the results, or lack thereof.

I'm Joe, 31 and thinning. I've been visiting this forum on and off for a few years, and actually had to create a new name because I forgot my old one. I've been doing research the past few days and despite the negative reviews for saw palmetto that I've read, I've decided to incorporate it into my regimen. I've decided to try this in conjunction to many other natural remedies I've been reading about. I'm also going to keep track on a blog as to how it's going.

I've also been doing minox since January and have used it and fin in the past but quite due to cost. I used to eat crappy fast food and put processed foods in my body. Now I've gone on an all natural diet. I'm mostly a raw vegan, eat organic, and put as little chems and toxins in my body as I can. I've also made a huge investment into a ton of supplements and will talk about them all as I try them out. I believe that there's a natural cure for everything and the reason only propecia is available is because the drug companies make it that way. I saw a report that saw palmetto works. If too many people turn to naturals then obviously Merck stands to lose a lot of money - they don't want you to be natural. They want you be dependent on their nasty chemicals. That's my belief.

But my questions are, for those who used saw and say it didn't work:

1. How long were you using saw palmetto for?
    2. Did you use anything else along with the saw palmetto (minox, pygeum, nettle root, silica, pumpkin seed oil, anything else that supposed to suppress DHT)?
    3. What is your diet like?
    4. Have their been people who appeared on the forum, said it worked and then disappeared because they are no longer troubled by hair loss and therefore don't need to be here? haha

I'll let you know when I start my blog and delve into my experiment with naturals.

Joe

Anyone?? Bueller??

Sorry bro sal palamatto aint gonna give you any game changing results, if any...

You say you quit fin due to cost???

Buy generic and crush a pill into ethanol and take 0.05, 0.1, 0.2, 0.5 etc any small dose and your problem is solved, AND even at a small dose like 0.05 you will be benefiting way more from it then you will from sp.

I did that too. I still don't want to put any pharmaceuticals in me that I don't have to.

And you didn't answer my question. Did you even use saw? How do you know it won't work?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmf8 View Post
    I did that too. I still don't want to put any pharmaceuticals in me that I don't have to.

And you didn't answer my question. Did you even use saw? How do you know it won't work?
    Never used it. Has no effect on serum DHT levels. AA's are a crucial defense when it comes to MPB, and if you do take an AA, no point in adding sp. If you don't, sure, throw it in and hope for the best, but prepare for the worst!

If you haven't used it, then you can't speak to whether it works or not. I'm looking for real, first hand experience and how seriously those people were when they tried it. And, sorry, but without having tried it yourself then your info isn't any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmf8 View Post
    If you haven't used it, then you can't speak to whether it works or not. I'm looking for real, first hand experience and how seriously those people were when they tried it. And, sorry, but without having tried it yourself then your info isn't any help.
    Look at studies. Consider using it topically instead of orally, if at all!

I'm considering all options. I'm going to actually be using both forms as well as lots of other supplements. I'll go into more detail in my blog once I get all my supplements and start. I actually did just see a study that supported the claim that SP was far more effective than Fin.

I'm still just curious as to the length of time and usage habits from those that tried it. Some say it works, some say it doesn't. I just want more info for my own informal study.

I took saw palmetto for 4-5 months and my scalp settled down quickly during this time (was having major inflammation problems). It didn't have any noticeable effect on my hair, though it probably would've ended up worse if my scalp stayed like that.

I've also improved my diet massively around the same time. I don't think this will help hair however as balding happens naturally to healthy people. I think you have to be more invasive to turn things a different way, such as those chemicals....

Quote Originally Posted by custards View Post
    I took saw palmetto for 4-5 months and my scalp settled down quickly during this time (was having major inflammation problems). It didn't have any noticeable effect on my hair, though it probably would've ended up worse if my scalp stayed like that.

I've also improved my diet massively around the same time. I don't think this will help hair however as balding happens naturally to healthy people. I think you have to be more invasive to turn things a different way, such as those chemicals....
    Thanks for the info. What was the reason you stopped? Did your hair loss stop once the inflammation had gone? I believe that propecia needs at least a year to see results as well. I'm going to give my experiment about a year unless something really drastic happens and document it. Saw Palmetto isn't all I'm doing. I'm adding a variety of natural supplements, amino acids, oils, and products. Wish me luck!