View Poll Results: How long did you use Saw Palmetto?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • A year or longer and it worked!

0 0%
  • A year or longer and it didn't work!

2 66.67%
  • 6 months - 1 Year

1 33.33%
  • 3 - 6 months

0 0%
  • Less than 3 months

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I took Saw Palmetto for 6.5 months; It did wonders for my libido and sexual stamina but absolutely nothing for my hair. I had a rather good diet, attempted to eat as many foods from the four groups as possible as well as drink plenty of water.

The reason why I stopped is basically I shed the entire time I was on it. I am not a hair counter but I estimate upwards of 200 hairs a day were being lost. There was no end in sight and it was really setting me back. I lost alot of ground, probably more than if I simply didn't take anything at all.

If I were you I just wouldn't waste my time brah. Many have tried these natural supplements or combos of them together with negative results. They simply do not work for the majority and if they do you either don't have MPB or are just a very very lucky responder. In any case I wish you luck brah!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmf8 View Post
    Thanks for the info. What was the reason you stopped? Did your hair loss stop once the inflammation had gone? I believe that propecia needs at least a year to see results as well. I'm going to give my experiment about a year unless something really drastic happens and document it. Saw Palmetto isn't all I'm doing. I'm adding a variety of natural supplements, amino acids, oils, and products. Wish me luck!
    Well I haven't noticeably lost or gained during the 4 years since, but I think that's maybe just my natural timing. Since it's more common for guys to have bad hair rather than no hair I guess it will take a long time to complete the process.

While taking it I experienced "shrinkage" plus a bad smell, which isn't the end of the world as long as everything still works. However I didn't want to take something indefinitely without any evidence that it will make a cosmetic improvement. I guess putting in daily effort to slightly slow a losing battle isn't for me unless it's something that's ridiculously effective.

I still very occasionally take it if I notice myself going through a particularly oily skin, itchy head phase. Just for a short time and it seems to level me off quickly.

Good luck, especially with the psychological part of the process. I don't think I'll ever come to terms with it properly :/