+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 25,000 grafts!!

Default 25,000 grafts!!

Just come across one of doctor Umar's videos of this guy who had 25,000 grafts! WOW! that must be a world record. Not to mention the cost, Dr Umar charges $8 a graft this guy paid almost $200,000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA3cLx_qlEE

Normally i never criticize surgery results, but i have to say that the results from this case is far from outstanding, 5000 grafts from Hasson and Wong would have produced a better result.

How is that 25,000 grafts? it's thin, very thin.

I am sure I have seen people get the same result with 6,000 grafts....

What the hell happend here.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    How is that 25,000 grafts? it's thin, very thin.

I am sure I have seen people get the same result with 6,000 grafts....

What the hell happend here.

Safe to say most of grafts didn't take

10 000 H&W grafts beats this one

is it problem with FUE or?

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    Safe to say most of grafts didn't take

10 000 H&W grafts beats this one

is it problem with FUE or?
    It has nothing to do with fue, it is due to the use of bodyhair. Take a look at this fue case from Dr. Bisanga in my opinion one of the best bht fue cases out there.

http://www.bhrclinic.com/patient_advisor/uk_consultant/

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger norwood's View Post
    It has nothing to do with fue, it is due to the use of bodyhair. Take a look at this fue case from Dr. Bisanga in my opinion one of the best bht fue cases out there.

http://www.bhrclinic.com/patient_advisor/uk_consultant/
    Body hair is very unpredictable. In Dr. Cole's experience, body hair grows half of the time and approximately half of those patients who get decent growth are happy with their result. Patient's donor as well as growth characteristics can differ widely from patient to patient and play a huge role in the result. Hair length and styling also play a major role in an acceptable appearance once the result has been established.

For example, our patient below was a Norwood 5 and has excellent, dense and thick caliber donor hair. He only had 3007 grafts and can style his hair so that you can not see his scalp in direct sunlight or in a photo taken with a camera flash. That said, 3007 grafts over this large area still creates an illusion of coverage.

It would not be fair to potential patients with poor donor characteristics to present this result as something all patients can expect from any clinic. Doctors are commonly given credit in the forums for a great result when the patient's donor characteristics contributed perhaps 85% to the result.

A short hairstyle often works well for patients in the higher Norwood range when their scalp hair density and caliber is on the lower side. Beard hair and sometimes even chest/stomach hair can improve density. Dr. Cole is seeing around 90% yield of beard hair when ACell is administered during surgery.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    Atlanta, GA
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	top-front.jpg

Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	22387  
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 03:21 PM.

I have to agree with some of the other comments here. IMHO, the density is still thin and I my observation is that the overall yield was not good. And the final photos are four years after the last procedure.

No comments are made as to how the yields were tracked and there is still a lot of scalp showing. His hair length is so short that we really cannot tell what the overall characteristics are from the BH. IMHO, it does not look like scalp hair in spite of their comments.

Yet the patient is happy. He did not want to be bald and he feels that he met his goal.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

This result is a complete joke. Wonder how much he paid?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by max4rmuk View Post
    Just come across one of doctor Umar's videos of this guy who had 25,000 grafts! WOW! that must be a world record. Not to mention the cost, Dr Umar charges $8 a graft this guy paid almost $200,000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA3cLx_qlEE
    In my opinion some recession and a finer, thinner look on top appears more natural. Most men discover that less hair that looks natural is preferable to more hair that catches people's attention. In other words you don't want to experience one on one conversations with people where eyes become fixated on your hair.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Ultimately if this guy is happy, its all that matters. That being said, it in no way looks natural. There is someone else from Dr Umar that had this many grafts and the result was similar. Unnatural. I commented on it and was made into the bad guy. regardless, its simple... body hair used as a filler to add density works. when used as a primary donor, it simply looks off. Another factor is the length. IF this guy simply shaved his head to a 0 or 1 guard and added some SMP the result would be far better. Id go as far as saying it would look near perfect.
    I have seen Dr Umar's scar grafting and for the most part, he does a very good job. I'm just not sold on his full body hair transplants. I feel he pushes the envelope a little too much.