+ Reply to Thread

Default Losing so much hair at 22, wth

I started losing hair a month after my 22nd birthday and it hasn't stopped. I used to have really thick annoying hair. If I let it grow past three inches it would grow into an Afro and I'd use a handful of gel to just to style it. Now, it's been 11 months and I can almost feel scalp even though my hair is the same length. I have crazy itching, sometimes several times a day. I've been on minox and fin for the past month. Now idk if that's causing this major shed I'm experiencing or what. But a lot of hair is falling out despite me not even having much left. I still have pretty thick hair so no one can tell I'm going bald right now. But that's literally my crutch. I honestly feel that if I keep losing hair at this pace in 4 months or so I won't have much left. Im almost 23 and having a weird shaped head and being bald would just be embarrassing. One thing I've noticed about fin is that it's stopped the crazy amounts of flakes I was producing which in thankful for. I honestly don't think my hair can take waiting a year to see if fin works. I know I have no option but to wait either way. This is just getting to me because it wasn't until recently that I grew into my looks and one thing I've experienced is that people are superficial as hell. Both my grandparents are bald and so are my uncles from my dad's side of the family. But no one had hair loss this badly. Wish I were 30 so I can get a hair transplant and forget about this.

I started losing my hair around your age, but unlike you I didn't do anything until 13 years later. It is good you are getting jump on things instead of waiting for things to get worse.

As far as the shed goes I have the same thing happen to me within the first couple of weeks of starting minox. This shed surprised the hell out of me because i barely had any hair left on the top of my head when I started treatment. The shed stopped some time during the second month though on minox so hopefully the same happens in your case.

I am no expert on hair loss or hair growth at all but from my understanding the shed from minox is only suppose to cause you to lose hair that was already damaged from DHT. That lost hair is suppose to grow back though. Hopefully this is the case with you and you will start seeing regrowth soon.

Good job starting the hair loss fight early though.