+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Lightbulb Artista and Finasteride

Hello everyone,
    After having doing extensive research on the usage of Finasteride (brand names Proscar and Propecia by Merck, among other generic names), as well as reading the experiences here on the forum and after talking directly to men that have taken it, I consulted with my regular doctor. He and I have never spoke of hair loss before. I told him of my desire to try Fin' for my hair loss and his response was a VERY POSITIVE one.(he can be quite conservative at times)
    To repeat what I said at the other thread on Aug 1st;
    I had a great conversation with my regular doctor, he was very POSITIVE of its usage. I was surprised to hear that he has prescribed it to many of his patients for MPB (throughout the years) and he states that all (not some) of those patients have had RESULTS at varying degrees.
    Some patients have had very minor changes and some have had and maintained great IMPROVEMENTS due to Fin' usage.
    He said that the only side effects present were a small % of his patients experiencing lessening of their ejaculate, but that's all.
    Nothing worse than that.

I started taking Finasteride on August 1st 2013!

My doc has told me to take 1 mg everyday and in 3 months we would have a follow up appt on this. He feels that my scalp should have a positive result from its use also that it should not be a negative factor to my health or age.
    The brand that I am prescribed is generic by 'Dr. Reddy's Laboratories'
    I started this thread for all of you guys out there!
    Of course I will still be a patient later year of Dr Wesley's phase trials.
    I had spoke with Dr Wesley prior to talking with my regular GP to make sure it would have no baring on the phase test surgery. He gave me the thumbs up too.
    I will take a full 1 mg pill for a week and maybe then ,I will break them in half as suggested by experienced users.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hello everyone
    Hi

that it should not be a negative factor to my health or age.
    It won't have any effect on your age since finasteride is not a time machine. lol

I will take a full 1 mg pill for a week and maybe then ,I will break them in half as suggested by experienced users.
    1mg is the recommended dosage. If you are trying to save on cash, then get a prescription for 5mg and split that into 4 to get 1.25mg. There is no reason to lower the dosage below 1mg unless you are getting side effects.

Thumbs up

Hey thanks BudskiiHD! I appreciate your response and will give your suggestion consideration.

Thumbs up

I'm feeling very positive about finally trying out Finasteride. Today marks the 3rd day of use now.. I've felt nothing different in my day to day life. Sleep is good , no headaches etc.

I'm feeling very positive about finally trying out Finasteride. Today marks the 3rd day of use now.. I've felt nothing different in my day to day life. Sleep is good , no headaches etc.
    Congrats on starting fin and i hope it works for you
    How old are you ?

Also did your doctor tell roughly to how many people he did prescribe fin for hairloss ? and how many of them did get good results ?

I was anti-fin for over a year since i have been hearing stories when i first researched about it a year ago . I have been taking proscar roughly 0.6 mg everyday since the 1st of july 2013 now and thank god i have nothing bad to report so far although its early days (just over a month)
    I have a severe shedding of weak hairs which started recently , i am hoping this means fin is working .
    Keep up updated on here please

Hi Vinny, my doctor didn't give me the actual #of patients he has prescribed Fin' to but he did say that there were a QUITE lot. A good amount of them experiencing very positive results. Of course I will keep everyone informed as to my progress. Eventually I will take pictures.

All the best Artista. Positive mental attitude dude

Look forward to hearing your updates and pics along the way.

Remember the main objective is to STOP further loss regrowth is a bonus.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Thumbs up

Spex my friend! Thank you for your very positive comment and your absolutely correct, keeping a 'Positive mental attitude' is always half the battle. (that applies to everything in life guys)
    I wonder how 'Les' from the UK is doing these days Spex. He had called into the Live UK show Ep. 7 (5-5-13) and spoke with you and Spencer about how he had recently begun using Finasteride as well. Great show by the way!
    He and I are at the same age and I think our hair loss maybe at the same level too.
    'Les' if your out there, could you please update us on your Fin' experience here at this thread?

Id love to hear from you.
    At any rate Spex, Id like to think that this thread will be very useful for our members here, our visitors too.
    Especially for the younger men who have begun to notice that they might be experiencing MPB.
    Today is my 4th day on Finasteride..Id better take photos of my pate this weekend.

I think you've made the right choice.

I remember being so hesitant to start. I would time micro-doses at first and hyper-analyze every bit of how I "felt".

Before you knew it, I was up to 1.25 mg/day and now it's just part of my morning routine: shower, get dressed, pop finasteride, head out the door. I'm sure you'll find yourself in a comparable position in no time.

Best regards.

Hey there BigThinker , Thank you for your comment.
    I feel positive about this and members like you serve to enhance that positivity based on personal experience!
    Today is my 5th day on it. It is now a part of my routine as well-lol.

Vinnytr , just to add..I am a 54 year old guy. There is another 54 year old Finasteride user out in the UK, 'Les' that I was impressed by.
    He had called into Spencer's live UK show some weeks ago.
    I was impressed with his upbeat view on his recent use of Finasteride during his conversation with Spencer and Spex.
    Since then i have learned of many middle-aged men out there, like myself, who have been taking Fin' without experiencing any major side effects and also experiencing some positive results.
    In my mind some years ago I had felt that Finasteride was far better suited as a treatment for YOUNG men at the beginning of their hair loss.
    Spencer Kobren is a good example of that.
    Ive been educated since then thanks in-part to this BTT website.
    Vinny , as I understand it,,shedding is probably a GOOD THING!!
    Cheers !