+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Artista,
    I have some questions for you that are very important to me and that no one seems able to help me with.

- I have now been on finasteride for almost 7 months
    - I have lost quite a bit of hair while on it. My thinning has just seemed to be somewhat perpetuated by it
    - I have not had significant side effects
    - I have had occasional and unusual sensations (tingling, crawling feeling) in certain areas while on it and this is where my hair has been thinning the most
    - HOWEVER, I do see a bunch of new hairs starting to pop up through the hair line and beyond

I suppose I don't know why I am exactly asking you this, but am wondering if you experienced anything similar. Did you have immediate success on it or was it more gradual. I think I am just afraid I am a poor responder and at this point this is my only hope. Thanks for any info you can give.
    You are probably asking Artista b/c you can tell by his prior posts that he is rock solid, realistic and above board. I have known him for years and can remember when he was dead set against using propecia, so his experience will be invaluable. I would also add some links you may find helpful from the Bernstein medical group;

1) It is highly likely that you will go backward before you go forward: See the What to expect section - http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...rmation-sheet/

2) It can take up to a full year to see any effect: http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/answ...er-transplant/

3) In Bernstein's experience with a big patient group over many years, "I have not seen minoxidil or finasteride worsen hair loss." Therefore, it is highly unlikely that propecia is causing/perpetuating loss (other than shedding before regrowth): http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/answ...l-finasteride/

I am responding to your post b/c I had been on propecia for years with success but it began to lose its effectiveness. I switched to Avodart 6 months ago and have gone thru what I believe to be increased shedding, now seemingly subsided. I have had and do have thoughts and questions similar to yours. My hair is thinner since I began Avodart but I do now see many smallers hairs, growing. Of course, I have no way of knowing if those were thicker hairs that have gotten thinner or healthier hairs that are coming back stronger as a result of the Avodart. FYI Bernstein is not my doctor. Good Luck.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Wow, its great to see your response PinotQ-Hello !
    We should talk privately together later on sometime.

Your response to Jamesst11 was a good one.

Hey James'

I also want you to keep in mind that there are a percentage of patients on Finasteride that
    DO experience some initial hair shedding but then the improvements come afterwards.
    Just dont become stressed over that.

Stay very positive Jamesst11 !!

Especially since you did say that-
    "I do see a bunch of new hairs starting to pop up through the hair line and beyond"

Good to hear from you PinotQ
    !

Thanks PinotQ! and Artista, keep up with the solid info and positivity. Like I said before, your positive attitude is extremely valuable in a place where most people are vulnerable, frustrated and even depressed over something they cannot control. I would rather stay positive, know I am doing all that I can, even if I do lose my hair quickly, rather than be negative, not try anything and have a lingering depression while I lose it slowly.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Im glad to see your response James'! Good for you bro!

To answer your earlier questions..
    I did not experience or notice any shedding once I was on Finasteride.

Both my wife and I did begin to see some type of hair improvements beginning to show about 4 months
    into my use of Fin' back in 2013 but it wasn't an 'immediate success' at all..lol.
    It certainly was a POSITIVE experience though.
    Back then I didn't know just how much better it could be..but I purposely would not focus on it though.
    I continued to stay POSITIVE with the hope that it might make my hair better than it was then.
    I know what stress can do to ones hair from my own experience.
    Today it is relatively much better than it was in 2013.
    It is ongoing of course.
    No bad sides' too.

Im glad to have a dialog with you James and thank you for the compliments.
    Im here mostly to try to HELP others,,especially the very young.
    Have a good day.