+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    You flushed propecia pills down the toilet?

What an idiot.
    Lol

Seriously if I didn't I would have been tempted to try again. It DOES grow hair and that is a huge part if me.
    Be funny when a crocodile is pulled from my sewer with a mullet

I took a week and half off Propecia (1mg daily). Now, I'm taking 0.25mg twice a week and slowly building it up from there.. Plan to get up to 0.5mg mwf.
    Did your testicles grow back in size over time? Or are they still small? I had heaps of testicle pain when I was on 1mg daily, but haven't experienced any pain yet on 0.25mg.. I'm hoping that my testes will recover slowly with a lower dose.. Wish me luck lol.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    Lol

Seriously if I didn't I would have been tempted to try again. It DOES grow hair and that is a huge part if me.
    Be funny when a crocodile is pulled from my sewer with a mullet
    No it's not that, but you're contaminating the local water supply by flushing drugs down the toilet, given the fact that even skin exposure can cause the drug to enter the skin of a human i'd say you have actually poisoned your local water supply, if authorities found out you'd be in deep shit.

A guy here in the UK was fined £7,000 and given a 2 year suspended sentence for flushing drugs down his toilet, I guess common sense doesnt apply in whatever country you live in.

Quote Originally Posted by cp9 View Post
    I took a week and half off Propecia (1mg daily). Now, I'm taking 0.25mg twice a week and slowly building it up from there.. Plan to get up to 0.5mg mwf.
    Did your testicles grow back in size over time? Or are they still small? I had heaps of testicle pain when I was on 1mg daily, but haven't experienced any pain yet on 0.25mg.. I'm hoping that my testes will recover slowly with a lower dose.. Wish me luck lol.
    i think things are getting back to normal. Like I ssaid my drive fluxuates but Im starting to level out... i hope.
    good luck, Im sure youll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    No it's not that, but you're contaminating the local water supply by flushing drugs down the toilet, given the fact that even skin exposure can cause the drug to enter the skin of a human i'd say you have actually poisoned your local water supply, if authorities found out you'd be in deep shit.

A guy here in the UK was fined £7,000 and given a 2 year suspended sentence for flushing drugs down his toilet, I guess common sense doesnt apply in whatever country you live in.
    okay, 10 pills flushed down a toilet after running through our storm drains. sewer system and then a treatment plant is not going to contaminate anything.
    I think you are reaching. I guess if mass testicle atrophy in the area breaks out then we will know but I think you are far fetching.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Don't let the Finasteride bandwagon dumbasses fool you, that shit is the devil's drug. And yes, testicle shrinkage is definitely possible;

http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7044
    There are people on that site that say Nizoral gave them impotence, lowered libido, and even depression:

About 9 months ago, I began using Nizoral 1 % and a Tea Tree Oil shampoo every other day. About 1.5 months after the beginning of this treatment, I began to experience the symptoms of a serious depression.

I always assumed that the sexual problems had been caused by the fact that I was so seriously depressed (as the depression worsened the sexual problems worsened and when I began to feel better, they improved). However, after reading some posts in this forum, I began to think that maybe they were actually (or partially) caused by my use of Nizoral and Tea Tree Oil shampoo (given their DHT blocking capabilities).

Also noticed this post:

I am 55 and told I look 40, until 6 weeks of Propecia aged my face 10 years in that 6 weeks. Falling face, puffy around my mouth, my profile now looks like I've aged 10 years, but it was just 6 weeks. And my eyes, puffy, black circles, wrinkles, they also aged 10 years in 6 weeks.

Is that even possible?

I'm one of the finasteride users that did not get any bad side effects other than a little acne at the start and watery semen for a few days. I understand that some people get serious side effects (as with any drug) and some people can take it (including 5mg per day for prostate related problems) for over a decade with no side effects. If you feel you've received negative side effects from finasteride then get off the drug immediately and/or consult your physician. That being said it bothers me when certain posters on here who have never taken the drug scare others with early hair loss into avoiding treatment. From what I've noticed these men with early signs of hair loss postpone treatment until they feel they've lost "too much" and then decide to get on finasteride anyways. As we all know it's much easier to prevent hair loss than it is to have regrowth. I feel strongly about this because I never read a hair loss forum until after being on finasteride for over a year. I could of been one of those guys that got scared into avoiding treatment and instead of having a full head of hair right now I would probably have significant balding and ready to spend thousands of dollars on a hair transplant. I'm not a "finasteride bandwagon dumbass" either. This is a place to share our experiences good or bad and for adults to make informed decisions on what to do about hair loss. Not for sunshine pumping or fear-mongering. Just remember when you scare someone into avoiding treatment (cough, UK) that person may have been a good candidate for finasteride all along. They could've kept their hair without side effects and moved on with their life until a better treatment comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post

I'm one of the finasteride users that did not get any bad side effects other than a little acne at the start and watery semen for a few days. I understand that some people get serious side effects (as with any drug) and some people can take it (including 5mg per day for prostate related problems) for over a decade with no side effects. If you feel you've received negative side effects from finasteride then get off the drug immediately and/or consult your physician. That being said it bothers me when certain posters on here who have never taken the drug scare others with early hair loss into avoiding treatment. From what I've noticed these men with early signs of hair loss postpone treatment until they feel they've lost "too much" and then decide to get on finasteride anyways. As we all know it's much easier to prevent hair loss than it is to have regrowth. I feel strongly about this because I never read a hair loss forum until after being on finasteride for over a year. I could of been one of those guys that got scared into avoiding treatment and instead of having a full head of hair right now I would probably have significant balding and ready to spend thousands of dollars on a hair transplant. I'm not a "finasteride bandwagon dumbass" either. This is a place to share our experiences good or bad and for adults to make informed decisions on what to do about hair loss. Not for sunshine pumping or fear-mongering. Just remember when you scare someone into avoiding treatment (cough, UK) that person may have been a good candidate for finasteride all along. They could've kept their hair without side effects and moved on with their life until a better treatment comes along.
    well said. I tell others try it but monitor closely. I think its possible my anxiety and depression are factors in my finasteride sides.
    I myself went for my consult 2 days ago and now looking into taking a 401 k loan for a few grand to get my first surgery.
    In the end the costs will offset each other and at least Ill never have to worry about the new hair falling out or side effects.

Wish I could have kept taking the fin tho, it was really growing and thickening my hair

I'm still curious about Finasteride, feel it would benefit me, but if it didn't, or I developed permanent sides, I'd be distraught. Sometimes I think fck it-let nature take its course..

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    That being said it bothers me when certain posters on here who have never taken the drug scare others with early hair loss into avoiding treatment.
    It bothers me that for 20 years everyone in the hair loss community hasn't bothered to demand a superior treatment to finasteride, knowing its very real potential dangers and limited positive effects.

That is a monumental failure.

Here's a little bit of an update..
    Lowered to 0.25mg twice a week for 2 weeks (will up it up to 3 times a week soon). Sides have decreased and I think my testicles are actually coming back in size
    I wonder if replicel can replace propecia altogether.. and I hope it can because that would be fan-f***ing-tastic!!