+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Smaller pharma scams usually work like this. Management paying themselves huge bonuses and (cash) dividends. I think they're now taking it off the stock market, so regulations are going to be less tight and they can go on and sell their snake oil.

Yah but I looked into BLGX (albeit quickly) and the telltale signs of a scam were not there. Such as their ex CEO and current chairman was paid no cash and given 3million shares, so no cash or dividends. A few weeks ago one of their top guys or whatever I cant be bothered finding it was given an option to buy 100,000 shares of the company at $2.50 for 5 years. Furthermore, when they announced delisting the price obviously plummeted but volume remained relatively low - with volume exeeding 100,000 shares on only one day I believe. Therefore it seems it was just the small personal investors getting out.

Not saying they're legitimate but so far I haven't seen anything to indicate they're pulling a fast one on us. And the delisting, although random and sudden, did coincide with the passing of the jobs act which could very well be a much more effective way of raising capital for an up and coming biotech.