+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice :(

Unhappy Need advice :(

Hello my name is Markus and I will make my story quick and hopefully some of you members can help me out a bit with information. I don't have the regular MPB, instead I have I believe is called diffuse thinning.

I have been watching the show for about 2 years now and it gave me the courage to try propecia about 2 years ago. I am now 27, when I used fin two years ago I noticed that my hair loss had basically stopped and I was happy because I also got some regrowth. I saw all the regrowth about into 1 1/2 years of using fin. Also, I didn't get any side effects except the blinding pain in the penis and testicles for the first two days.

I just continued using fin for the next 6 months. on Jan 2013 I decided that I wanted to try using monoxidil and also try out Dut instead of fin, and so I bought rogain foam online as well as Dut. I did do research and found that with monoxidil you first lose hair, but I did notice I lost a bit of hair starting the first month or so and have been losing it ever since.

Well now that it's been basically 7 months, I have lost A LOT of hair due to shedding, to the point where I am very depressed. I don't know if it takes this long before the hair recovers from the rogain shedding. I did hear that it takes sometimes weeks and even months, I also saw a few people say that it should be given about one year before you decide it's not working. It took me about 9 months for fin to do anything for me, so I don't know if it's going to be the same with rogain.

In conclusion, I want to say that I appreciate the time some of you guys put in here, and that I feel your pain as well I am hopeful for future treatments. I thank anyone that is willing to respond to me.

P.S: I wen to Amazon and I saw that Nizoral was selling for $244 dollars, what in the world is that. Or is not even there, anyone know what's going on?

I started on minox and had a pretty bad shed for the first month. At about the 6 week point things started improving. Hair loss was at a minimum, maybe because i didn't have much hair left, but it stopped. I had some pretty good regrowth by the second month.

Still shedding at the 7th month mark doesn't seem like a normal response to minox. Although I have heard of others with the same response, a 7th month shed can't be normal. I would stop taking it. Hopefully others who have had the same experience as you can chime in and give you advice on what to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I started on minox and had a pretty bad shed for the first month. At about the 6 week point things started improving. Hair loss was at a minimum, maybe because i didn't have much hair left, but it stopped. I had some pretty good regrowth by the second month.

Still shedding at the 7th month mark doesn't seem like a normal response to minox. Although I have heard of others with the same response, a 7th month shed can't be normal. I would stop taking it. Hopefully others who have had the same experience as you can chime in and give you advice on what to do next.
    Thanks for your response, well I have read a few times that the hairs that are with you are the ones that had been prepared 3 months before, at least I heard it as well from Spencer.

I hope it wasn't the switch to Dut, I don't know if it was suppose to be a smooth transition or was it suppose to be like starting a new regime again. That is to say, that it was like my initial propecia intake, I had to wait 9 months to see any results.

I am still going to give it a year because if it's the rogain then if I stop it will be worse, and maybe I am at the cusp of some regrowth. Or at least recovering what I have lost. I do have to mention that I have been applying it in the front as well as the crown.

Doctor Representative

Default Diffuse Thinning

I am sorry desperate one! We've noticed that most of our patients are done "shedding" by 1-2 months.

If I were you'd I'd switch back to fin since that seemed to work for you. Different meds don't work for every patient. Also - maybe consider the igrow
    I am a representative/patient advisor for Dr. Glenn Charles. All of my posts are my own personal opinion based on working in the industry for the past several years.
    www.charlesmedicalgroup.com valerie@charleshair.com

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I am sorry desperate one! We've noticed that most of our patients are done "shedding" by 1-2 months.

If I were you'd I'd switch back to fin since that seemed to work for you. Different meds don't work for every patient. Also - maybe consider the igrow
    Do you think that if I go back to fin, I would regrow the hair I lost?
    This is such bs, I am so depressed, just 2 months ago I had a very good amount of hair and now it's gone to shit.

I would like to think everything that you have lost will grow back with continued treatment. I know this is hard to do, but give it time and hopefully things start turning around sooner or later.

Lightbulb Trying my homemade PGD2 Inhibitor

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I would like to think everything that you have lost will grow back with continued treatment. I know this is hard to do, but give it time and hopefully things start turning around sooner or later.
    Thank you, I sure do hope so. Also, I went to the doctor today and got my prescription for propecia. I am an idiot for trying to order it online before, but I was so timid to go there before. I just decided not to let my emotions get the best of me this time. The consultation was basically $30 and the med was only $9 for 5 months, WOW. Super cheap, I should of done that in the first place, instead of getting essentially sugar pills from India a much expensive price.

Also, I found interesting that the doctor told me that I should consider testing myself for hyperthyroidism. He said that I might have that and if I did, I would be able to go back to normal. So I will go back next week to get an exam done and see if that's it, hopefully it is, but I don't know what the probability of that being, even though I told him that mpb runs in my family and I had already had success with fin, but he said it would still not be the root.

I also want to say here that I will be doing an experiment that I have seen online and that I will be posting some photos if the test from hyperthyroidism comes back negative.

I will be applying the following topically, green tea, ginger, and quercetin. This is what I got from doing research on a do it yourself pgd2 inhibitor, the only draw back was that quercetin makes your hair yellow, so I will be passing it through a charcoal filter to get some of the color out. Hopefully it doesn't remove the active ingredient I want. I will be using it with Jojoba oil in order for it penetrate my scalp better. Since all of these are all natural products, I don't expect any side effects, only that it may not work. I will post the pictures in 3-4 months and keep people updated.