• youngin
    • Nov 2010

whos got the growth factors marky mark?

Comment

• lilpauly
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by youngin
      ^^^^ kane will be supplying the growth factors!

Comment

• lilpauly
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by youngin
        kane will have it monday

Comment

• idontwant2bebalding
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by lilpauly
          kane will have it monday
          Tell the whole story. Please?!

Comment

• lilpauly
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by idontwant2bebalding
            Tell the whole story. Please?!
            I told u exactly what is produced, the only trusted source (Kane) , what else would u like to know

Comment

• StayThick
              • Oct 2012

I told u exactly what is produced, the only trusted source (Kane) , what else would u like to know
              Lilpauly u haven't been around this forum in months...and then all of a sudden pop up with Kane "growth factors."

What the hell am I looking at in your photos? What exactly is Kane receiving? How will the substance be applied? A post with weird pics doesn't help anyone, which explains your lack of responses and why most likely everybody rolls their eyes when they opened up this thread.

Comment

• lilpauly
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by StayThick
                Lilpauly u haven't been around this forum in months...and then all of a sudden pop up with Kane "growth factors."

What the hell am I looking at in your photos? What exactly is Kane receiving? How will the substance be applied? A post with weird pics doesn't help anyone, which explains your lack of responses and why most likely everybody rolls their eyes when they opened up this thread.
                Yes man I agree I don't know all info yet. I asked to make fgf9 and his engineers recommend this product . Tomorrow I will know all the info

Comment

• StayThick
                  • Oct 2012

Yes man I agree I don't know all info yet. I asked to make fgf9 and his engineers recommend this product . Tomorrow I will know all the info
                  Got you. Keep us posted man.

Comment

• mari0s
                    • Jul 2013

but according the slides you posted the average grow of hair is under 10%, more or less the same with minoxidil and they even use microneedle + electroporation.
                    Sound nothing special, i'm i missing something?

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by mari0s
                      but according the slides you posted the average grow of hair is under 10%, more or less the same with minoxidil and they even use microneedle + electroporation.
                      Sound nothing special, i'm i missing something?
                      Results were anywhere between 0-29% in hair number and hair thickness was anywhere between 0-27%.

I think the results are also for women. I wouldn't be surprised if those numbers were higher in men. Don't know why anyone would bother with female pattern baldness as its so much less frequent.

Comment

• scrumb
                        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
                        I think the results are also for women. I wouldn't be surprised if those numbers were higher in men. Don't know why anyone would bother with female pattern baldness as its so much less frequent.
                        I've been lurking around here for a while now (couple years reading the Cutting Edge section), but this reply caused me to finally register so I could post this. The callousness and inhumanity displayed with this statement are simply beyond belief.

Personally, I'm 35, but started on Propecia when I was 18. It's saved me for the most part. I'm still a good 2 on the Norwood scale thanks to that drug (my father and two of my brothers were completely bald by this age). Beyond this though, I made the choice at ~19 to just start buzzing my hair (about 1/16th to 1/8th inch) and have kept it that way ever since. Makes everything so much more manageable.

However, about 4 years ago now, my girlfriend began losing her hair (same age as I am). THAT is why people "bother" also working with women.

Though it's true that men are more (frequently) affected by hairloss than women (over 50% compared to ~20%... yes, about 2 in 10 women are affected) I can speak from first hand experience (since I've dealt with it myself as well) that it is MUCH more devastating to a woman than it is a man. We aren't assaulted non-stop by advertisements every day telling us the importance of our hair. We don't have to go through checkout lines at the supermarket unable to escape nothing but racks of magazines devoted to nothing but hair or displaying some model with the new "in" style "you SHOULD HAVE". We have the (extremely acceptable socially) option of buzzing our hair close should we chose to, and no one will ever look at us twice. Tons of guys on here THINK their lives will come to an end if they buzz their hair, but at least we HAVE THE OPTION. If my girlfriend tries this, she suddenly will become the subject of stares from everyone she walks by due to the norms of our society. And wigs? Yeah, they aren't exactly FUN.

On top of having to deal with all that, when WE go to the doctor concerned about hairloss, we (at least for those of us on here who decide to give it a shot - personally after 17 years, I'm GRATEFUL for it) are IMMEDIATELY offered up Propecia if we want it. A drug which in 8 or 9 out of 10 men WILL halt hairloss for a considerable amount of time. When women go to the doctor concerned about hairloss (I've been to all of them with her), they are put into a treadmill of testing for everything under the sun prior to anyone considering genetic hairloss as a possibility. Even AFTER months have been wasted at great expense and the only possible explanation is just genetic hair loss, THEN begins the arduous task of trying to get something prescribed to (maybe) help. More months wasted going to 3 different doctors before one will FINALLY prescribe Spironalactone. All through that... crying every night along the way.

After 4 years, we've both pretty much come to terms with it... and I surely don't love her any less because of it. If anything else it's brought us closer together.

Until you have some personal experience with one of these "bothers", why don't you give some more thought to your statements before writing off 51% of the population?

Comment

• hellouser
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by scrumb
                          I've been lurking around here for a while now (couple years reading the Cutting Edge section), but this reply caused me to finally register so I could post this. The callousness and inhumanity displayed with this statement are simply beyond belief.

Personally, I'm 35, but started on Propecia when I was 18. It's saved me for the most part. I'm still a good 2 on the Norwood scale thanks to that drug (my father and two of my brothers were completely bald by this age). Beyond this though, I made the choice at ~19 to just start buzzing my hair (about 1/16th to 1/8th inch) and have kept it that way ever since. Makes everything so much more manageable.

However, about 4 years ago now, my girlfriend began losing her hair (same age as I am). THAT is why people "bother" also working with women.

Though it's true that men are more (frequently) affected by hairloss than women (over 50% compared to ~20%... yes, about 2 in 10 women are affected) I can speak from first hand experience (since I've dealt with it myself as well) that it is MUCH more devastating to a woman than it is a man. We aren't assaulted non-stop by advertisements every day telling us the importance of our hair. We don't have to go through checkout lines at the supermarket unable to escape nothing but racks of magazines devoted to nothing but hair or displaying some model with the new "in" style "you SHOULD HAVE". We have the (extremely acceptable socially) option of buzzing our hair close should we chose to, and no one will ever look at us twice. Tons of guys on here THINK their lives will come to an end if they buzz their hair, but at least we HAVE THE OPTION. If my girlfriend tries this, she suddenly will become the subject of stares from everyone she walks by due to the norms of our society. And wigs? Yeah, they aren't exactly FUN.

On top of having to deal with all that, when WE go to the doctor concerned about hairloss, we (at least for those of us on here who decide to give it a shot - personally after 17 years, I'm GRATEFUL for it) are IMMEDIATELY offered up Propecia if we want it. A drug which in 8 or 9 out of 10 men WILL halt hairloss for a considerable amount of time. When women go to the doctor concerned about hairloss (I've been to all of them with her), they are put into a treadmill of testing for everything under the sun prior to anyone considering genetic hairloss as a possibility. Even AFTER months have been wasted at great expense and the only possible explanation is just genetic hair loss, THEN begins the arduous task of trying to get something prescribed to (maybe) help. More months wasted going to 3 different doctors before one will FINALLY prescribe Spironalactone. All through that... crying every night along the way.

After 4 years, we've both pretty much come to terms with it... and I surely don't love her any less because of it. If anything else it's brought us closer together.

Until you have some personal experience with one of these "bothers", why don't you give some more thought to your statements before writing off 51% of the population?
                          More funding goes towards womens health than mens.

End of argument.

Comment

• PayDay
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by scrumb

I think this is a really important post! There is so much bullshit posted on these forums, but this is really a meaningful and long needed message.

As much as I have suffered in my life due to my hair loss, being a young woman with hair loss has to be devastating and is not an issue that society and science should ignore. We are men and society will accept us with or without hair, but it's so much more difficult and shameful for women.

You're a good man scrumb, I wish there were more members like you around this forum and you are right when you say that we have a drug that we can take that works. Women really don't, they will almost always lose the battle, while we can maintain indefinitely in some cases. Nice post!

Comment

• hellouser
                              • May 2012

Originally posted by PayDay
                              I think this is a really important post! There is so much bullshit posted on these forums, but this is really a meaningful and long needed message.

As much as I have suffered in my life due to my hair loss, being a young woman with hair loss has to be devastating and is not an issue that society and science should ignore. We are men and society will accept us with or without hair, but it's so much more difficult and shameful for women.

You're a good man scrumb, I wish there were more members like you around this forum and you are right when you say that we have a drug that we can take that works. Women really don't, they will almost always lose the battle, while we can maintain indefinitely in some cases. Nice post!
                              There's NOTHING shameful for either men or women about hairloss. The shame comes from ASSHOLES in society taking advantage of our unfortunate loss of hair only to mock, ridicule and deem us with less worth.

Regardless of the Propecia's effectiveness, it is the devil's drug, its old, dated and has many known temporary and permanent side effects. There is NO EXCUSE for this shit to still be offered 20 years after its commercialization. We should have had a full out cure a long time ago, or at least a solid treatment.

The day hair multiplication comes to market without donor loss is when both men and women will be cured. That is what the aim should be.

However, and this really needs to said and drilled into the minds of some people:

PRIORITY

Is the key word here. Women are a fraction of the hair loss world. Women already receive wide variety of treatments for cosmetic purposes. But more importantly for them, breast cancer is given a stunningly disproportionate amount of awareness, where as men's prostate cancer is left in the dark, underfunded and.. for the most part, men's testicular/prostate problems are often times turned into a joke. Try that on women, see how far you get. The NFL even had a month designated towards breast cancer awarenes, pink ribbons were worn, etc. Where is the equality for men... in a MANS league?

Yet men die 6 years before women. In fact, a large number of medical studies are done on men as the volunteers, from prison and military, essentially taking one for the team.

I won't stand AT ALL for the blatant disregard to men. I sympathize for anyone going though hair loss, but there is NO reason to put more emphasis on men when the numbers clearly prove that the priority should be made for them... at least for this, I'm fvcking tired of being socially crippled and mocked for it, nobody would dare to do that to a woman.

Comment

Working...