+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    hellouser you contribute a lot to this community, but right now you sound like a chauvinist prick who enjoys playing the victim
    What, we're not victims of AGA?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    What, we're not victims of AGA?
    I'm not talking about that kind of victim, I'm talking about the "oh women have it so easy, not like us poor men, everyone picks on us, my life is over boo hoo" kind of victim.

I'm not talking about that kind of victim, I'm talking about the "oh women have it so easy, not like us poor men, everyone picks on us, my life is over boo hoo" kind of victim.
    No. My complaint is with people not giving a shit about mens health. Hair loss included.

Small update the growth factors only need to be applied once every 2 weeks

lilpauly

what is the exact website? I can't find it on google by searching.

hellouser you contribute a lot to this community, but right now you sound like a chauvinist prick who enjoys playing the victim
    Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    lilpauly

what is the exact website? I can't find it on google by searching.
    It's not on his web page yet. I will let u know.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Scrumb I agree with a lot of your points. Women who are "bald" are definitely looked upon as weird in society... But that's simply because it just not common, regardless of the figures you throw out there.

Women who are bald are viewed as most likely someone going through chemo or having an underlying medical condition. It's just not the norm to see women bald or balding...so of course you can expect stares. You're argument is really based on comparing apples to oranges.
    First, unlike others, thanks for being rational in your discussion. However, just wanted to say that I'm actually comparing apples to apples. Take a look at the statistics:

http://www.statisticbrain.com/hair-loss-statistics/

The hair loss numbers for women are only slightly over a third less than men. And as age increases, women actually surpass men (diffuse thinning... which is just as devastating. Trust me.)

The real number that's the problem here is those that seek treatment. You can see for yourself that less than 1/35 (if that were only men, which it's not) of men are even seeking treatment in the first place. Why do we expect drug companies to be working overtime to help us when people aren't seeking help in the first place (obviously most on this board have/do... I mean the general hair loss populous)? Sure, there's 35 million men losing their hair... but, even with an incredible effective drug like Propecia, if less than several hundred thousand men are even bothering to get that... what's their incentive financially to spend tens of millions on a new treatment? THAT'S the problem unfortunately.

Also, not directed toward you, but just wanted to point out that perhaps the reason that there's a lot of pubmed women's hairloss studies is because they are STILL testing anything they can to find something that works. At present there is no treatment anywhere near Propecia's efficacy. We have it way better than them on that front in that it's at least an option. Finally, hair transplants are another option we have that women don't in most cases. They are more often than not diffuse thinners and don't have any viable donor zone.

Quote Originally Posted by scrumb View Post
    Sure, there's 35 million men losing their hair... but, even with an incredible effective drug like Propecia, if less than several hundred thousand men are even bothering to get that... what's their incentive financially to spend tens of millions on a new treatment? THAT'S the problem unfortunately.
    The 35 million figure is an indication youre from USA. There are areas inhabited by mankind outside your borders. Also, there are *far* more than 35 million balding men in the world.

You also need to be far more aggressive and not so passive about the lack of a treatment in 2013. There's a reason why there isn't incentive to take Propecia; its because for the (significantly large) most part IT SUCKS. It rarely ever gets any guy a full norwood level back, it can halt hair loss but not always and usually only slows it down, so to most balding men theyre going to be bald anyway..... and to meddle with hormone screwing durgs that could permanently damage you is playing with fire considering the drug may potentially NOT work for you in the long run or stop working later on as well. Bill Burr (famous comedia) joked about Propecia and his baldness too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxLCvZxsqGg

HOWEVER

You give men a viable treatment; hair multiplication or a one time procedure to completely stop further loss with no side effects *will* give men the incentive to do something about it. There isnt incentive now because the current crop of treatments is bullshit. So women and men have it equally shitty in the end as theres no real treatment unless your a guy who wants to take a serious risk of many potential side effects.... thats the ONLY benefit we have but I dont see it at all as a benefit.

Even the chart you posted shows a Sugrical hair restoration worldwide revenue worth $1.87 Billion... do you have any idea how high that number would be, if propecia was replaced with a legitimate and superior alternative? Its mostly men who go for surgical too so the number would increase even more as women would then have an actual solution as well.

You know... on second though, since people give more of a shit about womens problems (because anything that happens to a guy is considered funny, hence the socially accepted mockery of balding men) maybe it would be a good idea for women to start some bitching about hair loss... cuz lord knows that all the men combined in the world won't make a lick of a difference any time soon, which is what our generation RIGHT NOW needs.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    The 35 million figure is an indication youre from USA. There are areas inhabited by mankind outside your borders. Also, there are *far* more than 35 million balding men in the world.
    Sorry for not being clearer. That was meant only as a statistic in the percentage sense (male to female ratio). I'd venture that the ratios are similar in most developed countries.

I realize that you hate Propecia (as is clear in previous posts through the years), but your statement of "it can halt hair loss but not always and usually only slows it down, so to most balding men theyre going to be bald anyway" just doesn't make sense. It DOES halt hairloss for ~ 8 or 9 out of 10 men who take it. Yes, that's "not always", but that's an extremely high ratio for a simple once a day treatment. And yes, it just "slows it down"... but as I've stated (and this is personal experience) it's slowed the progression over 17 YEARS from complete baldness to a strong Norwood 2. That's pretty fantastic efficacy. No, it doesn't regrow (which is why, for myself even, I'm interested in this forum in the first place) for the most part... but if men choose to take it when they first start balding, their odds of keeping what they have for YEARS are extremely high.

The vitriol against Propecia, near as I can tell, really took off following the GWU study published a couple years back. A study that questioned men solicited from propeciahelp.com OBVIOUSLY the reported side-effect percentages from that group are going to be through the roof. It's like publishing a study saying that Samsung is the most unreliable electronics manufacturer in the world... as reported by the board members of samsungsucks.com

I'm not saying there isn't the chance of side-effects. There is, roughly 2-3%. And for those that suffer from them, the VAST majority will see the side-effects disappear once they discontinue use. There is surely a group that might have permanent side-effects... but, yes, it's a prescription drug. These are known quantities. The side-effect rate for Propecia is much lower than anti-depressants and people often take those without giving them a second thought (not saying that's any justification, just wondering how many on here have frightened themselves from taking the most potent drug against hairloss available today... yet take a drug, Prozac, which can cause a permanently swollen tongue.)

You know what else has the same exact side effect rate as Propecia (again, sorry for the US numbers, but it's the percentage that I'm demonstrating... likely similar in developed nations)? Having a baby:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefects/data.html

Let's just stop that too... it's the devil. Life is measured risk.

I do disagree with you on "thats the ONLY benefit we have but I dont see it at all as a benefit" as well. As I mentioned before, men at least have the option (given the typical MPB Norwood pattern) of hair transplants. Women, by and large, given the diffuse, and thus useless, donor area, do not. Like it or not, that is another option men have that women don't for at least temporary restoration.

But again, my real issue with your statement is the assertion that seemingly ANY research on female hairloss is a useless thing because they are "the minority". If you're basing research purely on numbers games, then I assume all diabetes research should stop in lieu of Alzheimer's funding, because the diabetes death rate is 2/3 that of Alzheimer's Or likewise for heart disease over any further cancer research?

It affects more people after all.

Sorry to everyone else for hijacking this thread. Hopefully this will be the end of things (this will be my last post on this), and the topic can go back to its original purpose.

fellas the growth factors are ready! 7 of us twill be using the factors this week!

http://anageninc.com/

its cooperation between kane and the gf lab~~~