+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I think we’re all descending into madness.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I think we’re all descending into madness.
    At this point the only thing that drives me to madness is seeing people like yeahyeahyeah, who have amazing heads of hair, saying their life is terrible and they live in fear. It's like me saying I am crippled with fear everyday because I might get cancer or killed in a car accident.

I started minox before my hair started to look too bald. However, later i had minox sides and in january 2013 decided to quit minoxidil. Oh god the mother of sheds i had from month 3-6 since quitting minox. Here i had comments from friends like "bro your balding or what" and "yo by 30 your gonna be bald".

Luckily the situation is not that bad, end of july i had my hst and shaved my hair. Now, since i had tellogen efflivium from quitting minox, some of the hairs are coming back + hst hairs. At this moment only my crown looks thin.

I honestly think that this type of forum appeals to people that are more concerned about certain issues and most of the stuff here is exaggerated. If your friend jokes about your hair and you dont talk to him after that you probably have mental/social issues.

Then, i dont consider this a huge deal either, on this planet not everyone will be mentally sane/normal. You will have the types of yeahyeahyeah that are over concerned and the types of greatjob that are pissed that someone else is over concerned. Like why are you frustrated that this guy posts? Do you need suffering exclusivity on this board?

I remember exactly when it was. I was having a friend take poser photos of me playing my bass guitar. I put them on the computer the next day, initially liked the way that they looked, and even posted them on facebook. However when I had my head down while playing in one photo, I noticed the hair loss on the top of my head. I took down the pictures immediately even though people had already made positive comments on it. Thankfully I've never had anyone goof on me for my hair loss; I'd really go apes**t if that ever happened.

And I'll tell you, I wish to God that I had gotten on Propecia then. But I waited for a year and that's something that I'll regret for my life. Even though Propecia has given me side effects, at least if I had gotten on it then, I would've been able to taper and lower my dosage (similar to what Desmond did) until I didn't have those side effects anymore. However, I still take 1mg per day because I am absolutely scared to death of losing any more hair.

We so desperately need a minimally-invasive cure for hair loss yet it seems like all people within the industry are interested in doing are derivatives of these f****n hair transplants. Don't even get me started on that.

Honestly my point of realization comes to me everyday. I wake up and I just accept it more and more-- sometimes I think that's the only cure. But on a good note, I did not wear my hat today for the first time in a while, my daughter said "dad no hat today- you look handsome." It was adorable, and I left the house today in a great mood.

B

I had been aware of my hair receding for a while, thinning too. But the realisation of how bad it was is a situation I'll never forget.
    I had been at a friends, and went for a walk with his dog. It was raining, but the kind of thin misty rain that just kinda hangs there. When we came back I had to visit the loo.
    While washing my hands I looked up, and saw it. The tips of my hair clotted together revealing a clearly thinning scalp. I dried it off with a towel as best I could, and exited the bathroom.
    My friend looked at me, and went; "holy ****, haha, you're starting to look like Jacob" (Jacob being a mutual friend of ours with terrible balding, he's gone from looking 20 to looking 40 since his started.)

Just the fact that he found it funny, laughing at me and tugging it.. Ugh!! Wasn't his first nor his last case of being an inconsiderate asshole, and I don't see him anymore.

Unhappy

It was 15 years ago when I received this unwanted information by my friend. The distressful moment was that, thinking that baldness would present my look as an older person than my actual age.