Bio start ups - histogen, follica, Aderans, replicel etc scams?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yeahyeahyeah
    • Nov 2011

Bio start ups - histogen, follica, Aderans, replicel etc scams?

Aderans have had 10 years worth of investment, and despite that they could not release a product.

This raises eyebrows, why would a company that has heavily invested on something that can earn billions pull out without second thoughts?

Talk about cutting your losses.

Surely if they were growing hair, any tom, dick and harry can see it has the potential to make a return of investment.

Which brings me to the point:

Is it because -

1) Aderans had below/par mediocre results at best?

and is this now reflected by the fact that all of these companies have trouble getting investors.

Did Ken bend the truth to Spencer on his show?

So here is the question to you guys. Do you think these bio start ups are all scams, run by charlatans who after obtaining the investors money pocket most of it. After which they simply drift into the sunset once the investor(s) have clocked on they are full of it?

I can't help but think ken washenik is a charlatan; even if he had unlimited funds he probably would never get the product to a releasable state.

As for the other companies, I don't feel optimistic. Before Aderans you had Intercytex.

Thoughts.
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

But Ken is NW3?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by UK_
      But Ken is NW3?
      I think he is married (and rich). Why would he care about hairloss?

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

I dont think Replicel is a scam. In a couple short years they've managed to finish Phase I trials and will be starting Phase II later this year and aiming for a 2015 release date in Asia. Aderans planned for a 2014 release date after more than a decade of bullshitting around and still couldnt hit the mark.

Unless Replicels screws up with their Phase II start date, things look good on their end.

Lets not forget the massive shit storm lawsuit Histogen got from SkinMedica and that asshole Richard Fitzpatrick. I hope that guy goes bald himself.

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
          You're telling me rich married men dont care about hair loss?

I doubt that.

Also, if marriage resolves hair loss, why dont you get married?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by UK_
            You're telling me rich married men dont care about hair loss?

I doubt that.
            Yes but there priorities change.

It is about making money and supporting their families.

If he is rich enough, the woman will stick around.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
              I dont think Replicel is a scam. In a couple short years they've managed to finish Phase I trials and will be starting Phase II later this year and aiming for a 2015 release date in Asia. Aderans planned for a 2014 release date after more than a decade of bullshitting around and still couldnt hit the mark.

Unless Replicels screws up with their Phase II start date, things look good on their end.

Lets not forget the massive shit storm lawsuit Histogen got from SkinMedica and that asshole Richard Fitzpatrick. I hope that guy goes bald himself.
              Replicel is bullshit.

I bet you ANY money that they will get into phase 2 and be stuck for 8 years, before doing an aderans.

Replicel technology is no different to Aderans.

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

Replicel is bullshit.

I bet you ANY money that they will get into phase 2 and be stuck for 8 years, before doing an aderans.

Replicel technology is no different to Aderans.
                Its similar, but its not 'no different'. Also, if they finish phase II, theyre moving into commercialization in asia.

You need to read my thread which questioned the results, we dont know the whole story about how those cells matures. Read more:

I've got a question about Replicel! This one is particularly an interesting one. Since Replicel's initial results were disappointing for the forum members here, has anyone thought more about WHY there wasn't more hair beyond the regular gum flapping responses like 'it doesnt work! waah!' Consider this; when a baby is born,

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                  • Nov 2011

Its similar, but its not 'no different'. Also, if they finish phase II, theyre moving into commercialization in asia.

You need to read my thread which questioned the results, we dont know the whole story about how those cells matures. Read more:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13473
                  Skipping phase 3?

How is this possible?

And have the begun phase 2?

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Every guy would rather have hair than not.

A friend of mine whos married, has kids, and nearly 60 years old just went through chemotherapy. I asked him how he felt about going bald from the chemo. He said he didn't like it at all, didn't feel like himself.

You will care, at any age, unless baldness/shaved head suits you. But majority of us aren't Bruce Willis types anyway.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Skipping phase 3?

How is this possible?

And have the begun phase 2?
                      Phase III isn't required in Asia. Check Replicel's website and their projected timeline.

I forgot to mention, getting nearly 30 million dollars from Shiseido... they must have something good to show. Thats a lot of money.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                        • Nov 2011

Every guy would rather have hair than not.

A friend of mine whos married, has kids, and nearly 60 years old just went through chemotherapy. I asked him how he felt about going bald from the chemo. He said he didn't like it at all, didn't feel like himself.

You will care, at any age, unless baldness/shaved head suits you. But majority of us aren't Bruce Willis types anyway.
                        Well obviously Ken Washniak didnt give a shit, otherwise he would have used his resources more wisely.

Being stuck for 10+ years, then blaming the board is fishy.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                          • Nov 2011

Phase III isn't required in Asia. Check Replicel's website and their projected timeline.

I forgot to mention, getting nearly 30 million dollars from Shiseido... they must have something good to show. Thats a lot of money.
                          As far as I know, Histogen said the same thing.

I hope you are right. But replicel had poor results in phase 1.

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

Well obviously Ken Washniak didnt give a shit, otherwise he would have used his resources more wisely.

Being stuck for 10+ years, then blaming the board is fishy.
                            The board most likely just got tired of waiting for a return on their investment and didnt want to spend another 5+ million dollars and wait another 2 years.

A new investor however could see some serious gains in a very short time. Only 1 trial left.

Spencer was right that this could be a good thing... thats only if they find funding from elsewhere. Until that happens though....

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                              • Nov 2011

The RepliCel team is also pleased to be partnering with one of the largest hospitals in Europe, the Charité-Universitätsmedizin in Berlin, as the primary clinical site for this trial. The Company anticipates initiation of its phase II study in the second half of 2013.
                              It is the second half of 2013.

Replicel? What's happening?

Comment

Working...