X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joeh4n
    • Aug 2009

25 and balding. New here.

Hi everyone.

I have been looking for a place where I can ask questions related to hair loss and regrowing hair.

My name is Joe and I am 25. I am not sure why but I start to notice my hair start falling when I am 24 and there is always strands of hair fall when I comb my hair. Not sure if it will get any serious but I figured out it's better to come here and spend some time to read from others' experience to see if they have this problem before this.

Thanks for reading. I'll hunt for more info now
  • Buckerine11
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by joeh4n
    Hi everyone.

I have been looking for a place where I can ask questions related to hair loss and regrowing hair.

My name is Joe and I am 25. I am not sure why but I start to notice my hair start falling when I am 24 and there is always strands of hair fall when I comb my hair. Not sure if it will get any serious but I figured out it's better to come here and spend some time to read from others' experience to see if they have this problem before this.

Thanks for reading. I'll hunt for more info now
    That's exactly what happened to me two years ago. As of now, it's impossible to tell if you have pattern baldness, unless you are noticing recession of your hairline. If you do, you should start on Propecia as soon as possible.

Comment

• joeh4n
      • Aug 2009

Thanks Buckerine11. Did you use Propecia yourself?
      I noticed 90% of the threads here are recommending it but I am worried about the side effect...

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
        IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
        • Nov 2008

I totally understand the concern about possible side effects with taking Propecia. You should know that the side effects occur in less than 1% of patients. If you are in that unlucky category, when you discontinued the medication the side effects would go away. They are temporary, not permanent. Do you have a family history of hair loss? Do you only have general fiffuse thinning or is there also receding of the hairline?
        Dr. Glenn Charles
        Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
        View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...