+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Body hair suitability.

Is it true that the growth cycle of leg hair and stomach hair is two years which is why it is unsuitable for the scalp?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by max4rmuk View Post
    Is it true that the growth cycle of leg hair and stomach hair is two years which is why it is unsuitable for the scalp?
    I got some growth from leg hair. We have a patient who had his temples rebuilt using leg hair. He uses Latisse to help with the leg hair length.

Body hair only works with some patients. I had some leg hair grafted to the top of my head in a study conducted by Dr. Cole several years back. The hair grew but faded over time. Chest and stomach hair is better than leg hair. Beard hair is better than chest hair and scalp hair is better than beard hair. The yield is good (90%) when ACell is administered when beard hair is grafted. Beard hair usually has a curl and is often more coarse than scalp hair. Beard hair extraction sites heal remarkably well. Beard hair can look great and add considerable density when carefully placed. It is usually twice the caliber of head hair. Twice the caliber offers four times the coverage.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    Atlanta, GA
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 02:59 PM.

Body hair does work and if you got a lot of it, it can help give the most conservative heads very young and youthful looking hairlines. I have seen work from Dr. Umar that supports this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Body hair does work and if you got a lot of it, it can help give the most conservative heads very young and youthful looking hairlines. I have seen work from Dr. Umar that supports this fact.
    Body hair looks crap unless its mixed with head hair,

Im not fan of beard hair either, its issue of compatibility with your head hair, it grows but its just different type/calibre ,

Dr Umar is good Dr but he overhypes BHT like its silver bullet for people with limited donor...that's not the case,
    for every successful BHT case there are many unhappy patients who spend tens of 1000s of $$ and look worse off...
    seen dr Umars case of 25 000 bht grafts...

Dr Umar and Dr Woods are main actors in overselling BHT...and they know very well that people are not getting whats promised

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    I got some growth from leg hair. We have a patient who had his temples rebuilt using leg hair. He uses Latisse to help with the leg hair length.

Body hair only works with some patients. I had some leg hair grafted to the top of my head in a study conducted by Dr. Cole several years back. The hair grew but faded over time. Chest and stomach hair is better than leg hair. Beard hair is better than chest hair and scalp hair is better than beard hair. The yield is good (90%) when ACell is administered when beard hair is grafted. Beard hair usually has a curl and is often more coarse than scalp hair. Beard hair extraction sites heal remarkably well. Beard hair can look great and add considerable density when carefully placed. It is usually twice the caliber of head hair. Twice the caliber offers four times the coverage.

Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    How does twice the caliber offers four times more coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    How does twice the caliber offers four times more coverage?
    Here is a segment from one of Dr. Cole's studies:

The final length of the hair growth with the beard hair transplant suggested that most of the grafted beard hairs began their growth at the very beginning, assuming a mean growth rate in the range of 0.4 mm/day, like scalp hair. Most body hair shows growth at the rate of 0.2 mm/day, but this increases to as much as 0.35 mm/day when they are transplantation onto the scalp. It is seen that beard hair grafts grow much faster than most other body hair types. Another advantage of using beard hair for such transplantation is the results are much more cosmetic even when other sources produce similar or even slightly higher rates of yield. The rationale for such an improved coverage lies in the higher diameter of the beard hair shaft, which gives improved volume. As a general rule, double the diameter of hair shafts, and you quadruple the volume of hair because a cylinder of hair has the volume: V = Õ r2 h. also body hair can seem to become finer when it is transplanted to the scalp, but beard hair retains its diameter. Additionally, beard hair grows with a typical wave that enhances the coverage and volume. This makes beard hair grafts ideal for a cosmetic benefit and improved coverage of the scalp compared to other types of body hair. However, remember that in people with straight and fine hair, the added curl of the beard hair graft can produce an unwanted and unacceptable contrast to the existing scalp hair.

Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 02:59 PM.

However, remember that in people with straight and fine hair, the added curl of the beard hair graft can produce an unwanted and unacceptable contrast to the existing scalp hair.

Well, the same can be said about body hair, part or the reason why it doesn't look natural is that chest hair is always curly and it doesn't suit people with straight hair, and most people have straight hair.

There is Indian doc dr bhatti who puts beard and bht hair into hairline..

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    However, remember that in people with straight and fine hair, the added curl of the beard hair graft can produce an unwanted and unacceptable contrast to the existing scalp hair.

Well, the same can be said about body hair, part or the reason why it doesn't look natural is that chest hair is always curly and it doesn't suit people with straight hair, and most people have straight hair.

There is Indian doc dr bhatti who puts beard and bht hair into hairline..
    Hair fibers are also pretty random in shape and therefore nowhere like scalp hair, but they do make hair look thicker nevertheless. So I guess, beard hair must be pretty useful in improving thickness even when it doesn't actually match the scalp hair.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Hair fibers are also pretty random in shape and therefore nowhere like scalp hair, but they do make hair look thicker nevertheless. So I guess, beard hair must be pretty useful in improving thickness even when it doesn't actually match the scalp hair.
    A man with fine caliber blonde hair and a coarse black beard would be about the worst candidate for beard hair grafting to the scalp, IMO. I saw photos of such a person and thought oh crap! When I actually met him in person after more grafts were placed and grew in, plus some hair styling savvy, he looked good and his hair didn't attract attention. When using beard hair that doesn't match the scalp hair, it will look natural if it's spread carefully all over the scalp and not placed too densely.

We had a patient in a while back who had quite a hybrid hair restoration. Dr. Wong did his strip, Dr. Woods added body hair and Dr. Cole added more body hair. The patient had dark hair and he looked great in person. 100% natural. He used to post as "juiceman". Juiceman was one of those guys that was determined not to be bald and just kept hitting his thin and bald areas with grafts.

Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 03:00 PM.

I find it amazing how patient have multiple surgeries(juiceman had 3) but every time they pick different doctor,

Must be common to be unhappy with your precious doctor and thats why patients always look for someone better?