+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    I find it amazing how patient have multiple surgeries(juiceman had 3) but every time they pick different doctor,

Must be common to be unhappy with your precious doctor and thats why patients always look for someone better?
    Juiceman was happy with the work he had done by Dr. Wong and Dr. Woods. He had work done by Dr. Woods because at the time, he was the only doctor offering FUE body hair. Dr. Wong did a great job on his strip surgery and he had natural placement and a thin strip scar. Juiceman told me that he came to Dr. Cole because he had a few scalp reductions and didn't want to run the risk of a widened scar from another strip surgery. He also wanted to avoid the expense of the long flight to Australia. He is one of the guys who got great, natural looking results from body hair.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Body hair looks crap unless its mixed with head hair,

Im not fan of beard hair either, its issue of compatibility with your head hair, it grows but its just different type/calibre ,

Dr Umar is good Dr but he overhypes BHT like its silver bullet for people with limited donor...that's not the case,
    for every successful BHT case there are many unhappy patients who spend tens of 1000s of $$ and look worse off...
    seen dr Umars case of 25 000 bht grafts...

Dr Umar and Dr Woods are main actors in overselling BHT...and they know very well that people are not getting whats promised
    Do you have any personal experience with body hair? I see uninformed commentary from people who consistently denigrate the use of body hair but have never had any extracted and added to their scalp.

I've had over 5000 beard added and am very pleased with the completely natural looking result. I've posted clear pictures of my hair from multiple angles on another thread.

Some guys with a good bit of hair loss want to appear to shave their head for style. Body hair mixed with beard hair, properly placed, angled etc. will look fine shaved down, creating the suggestion of a frontal hairline. If I could do the whole thing over, that's what I would do. Instead, I have scars from a substandard surgery that predates strip. True, not everyone looks good with their head shaved. I could pull it off if it weren't for the scars on the back and sides of my head. I'm looking into micro needling.

Body hair looks crap unless its mixed with head hair,

Im not fan of beard hair either, its issue of compatibility with your head hair, it grows but its just different type/calibre ,

Dr Umar is good Dr but he overhypes BHT like its silver bullet for people with limited donor...that's not the case,
    for every successful BHT case there are many unhappy patients who spend tens of 1000s of $$ and look worse off...
    seen dr Umars case of 25 000 bht grafts...

Dr Umar and Dr Woods are main actors in overselling BHT...and they know very well that people are not getting whats promised

Of course, body hair can look like crap if you don't have the right body hair suitable for surgery. Not everyone can be a candidate. However, docs like Dr.Umar have proven they can successfully tackle the bht transplantation technique more than some others in the field.* He has even created youthful hairlines in the most conservative norwood cases utilizing mixture of hair types. I think having a youthful clean cut look outweighs having a heavily conservative hairline. Yes, it can cost thousands or be done at a discount, it is a valuable asset to a lot of folks.

I really don't think the doc oversells it, but rather use it as a possible option for those that need it to achieve their desired result.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    However, docs like Dr.Umar have proven they can successfully tackle the bht transplantation technique more than some others in the field.* He has even created youthful hairlines in the most conservative norwood cases utilizing mixture of hair types. I think having a youthful clean cut look outweighs having a heavily conservative hairline. Yes, it can cost thousands or be done at a discount, it is a valuable asset to a lot of folks.

I really don't think the doc oversells it, but rather use it as a possible option for those that need it to achieve their desired result.
    I cannot overstress the importance of an undetectable, natural appearing result. Working at Dr. Cole's office I see a lot of work done by other hair restoration physicians. Some of the work is excellent while other work in my opinion is absolutely horrifying and disgusting. Even in 2013.

Dr. Umar utilizes scalp hair for his hairlines, if he cannot get enough for the hairline, he will turn to nape hair, even leg hair. He used scalp hair for me, and could get close to 2000 grafts when a strip surgeon could get nothing. My first surgery with Dr. Umar was a complete hairline rebuild. The result blew me away. The incredible feeling i got looking at that hairline in the mirror after it grew in lasted for well over a year, even three and a half years later I still am so satisfied with it. I went on to 4 total surgeries using almost all beard, until today, and just finished the fifth one an hour ago. For 500 grafts, many came from the outside of the jawbone. You can only snatch around 5000 below the jawline, give or take a couple hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by wylie View Post
    Dr. Umar utilizes scalp hair for his hairlines, if he cannot get enough for the hairline, he will turn to nape hair, even leg hair. He used scalp hair for me, and could get close to 2000 grafts when a strip surgeon could get nothing. My first surgery with Dr. Umar was a complete hairline rebuild. The result blew me away. The incredible feeling i got looking at that hairline in the mirror after it grew in lasted for well over a year, even three and a half years later I still am so satisfied with it. I went on to 4 total surgeries using almost all beard, until today, and just finished the fifth one an hour ago. For 500 grafts, many came from the outside of the jawbone. You can only snatch around 5000 below the jawline, give or take a couple hundred.
    Nape hair is not permanent, at least in my case
    10 years ago I had a lot of nape hair, not anymore

some Drs use beard for hairline and some use body hair without mixing it with head hair...should be criminal offence

Quote Originally Posted by wylie View Post
    Can you show your pictures? And how much the procedure cost?

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Can you show your pictures? And how much the procedure cost?
    Here are some pictures of what my hair looked like yesterday:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...t=12483&page=8

I'll take some pics tomorrow when I get home, today I am chilling in beautiful Redondo Beach, and for once I had a relatively small session, and my neck looks quite normal after 500 grafts, usually I was getting 1500 or so extracted and looked like I got hit with buckshot (although healing is remarkably fast, and you look normal in 4 or 5 days, minus some redness)

BTW, all 500 were placed on the part side, starting where the top meets the side and then extending back towards the crown. My bald spot has just gotten considerably smaller.

The cost? Dr. Umar charges $7.00 a graft.

Nape hair is not permanent, at least in my case
    10 years ago I had a lot of nape hair, not anymore

some Drs use beard for hairline and some use body hair without mixing it with head hair...should be criminal offence
    Nape hair is not your first choice, but admittedly some people, like myself, were out of options. People like myself will gladly take that gamble, and my remaining nape hair is going strong.

When choosing any doctor who utilizes non scalp sources, experience counts. The consumer should choose someone who knows what they're doing. Dr. Umar is not the first doctor I chose to start my repair, so I still was screwing up before I finally got things right.

I see beard hair like I see SMP, it opens up a whole new market for posers and charlatans and makes potential repairs both more effective than before, yet also more hazardous that things can go very wrong.