+ Reply to Thread

Default Race, Hair loss, Height, And Fitness

Ive posted once on this site. Im nearing 25 and I have thinning hair. My hair loss seems to have stopped but Im sure itll pick up again as I get older.

Growing up I was a fat kid and never quite equated hair with beauty. I always wanted to be in good shape. I always thought an in shape guy would be more successful with the ladies, regardless of hair or not.

After I graduated high school I made a conscience effort to get into shape and did. I started losing my hair around 21. I wasnt stressing it too much at the time. I looked allright. I came on here looking for a cure but the possible impacts of Fin scared me. Whats the point of having hair if you cant get hard/wanna kill yourself/ get man boobs?

I still have my hairline intact so I said F-it and shaved my head. Ill admit it was a bit of a downer but Im a tall 6'1, in shape guy of darker skin complexion. The purpose of shaving it was to force me into an evolve or die mentality when it came to interacting with the opposite sex. It was a bit rough but it worked. I wasn't feeling good about hair loss (especially on cold days) but I was feeling normal.

I have an acquaintance who lost his hair and he became super self conscience. Hes a shorter Caucasian male.

The more I lurked on this site the more down it made me feel. It feels like its a bunch of men with self loathing issues over things they cant solve trying to bring others down. Some go so far as to point out younger guys in their teens that will have hair loss problems in the future! This bothers me because I imagine these are the kind of guys to point it out to guys in their late teens that theyre going to go bald in the future! No sense to turn into a bully because nature ran its course.

I remember coming across a thread that called Channing Tatum ugly after he shaved his head. I am completely straight but I acknowledge that the man is a sex symbol, hair or no hair! And women thought he was still attractive. It was this thread that made me realize that the depressing theme of this site is ridiculous and I can no longer post here or even lurk here due to the delusional depressing posts.

A few parting questions: Do white and/or short guys make up the majority of the posters here? Does race and height have a correlation with how down you feel about your hair loss? Do people here workout and eat right?

To answer your questions first. I am 6', have pretty much been in at least good shape (lift weights) my entire adult life. I am hispanic, with light skin.

I am not short, so I cannot answer that question from experience. From the outside looking in though, I would not want to have to deal with being short and losing my hair. I would think it would hurt my appearance even more.

If I were to take a guess, I would say that the majority of posters on this site are lighter complected. Sorry to be so blunt, not trying to offend, but I think that black dudes can get away with losing their hair better than any other race. When I see a black person with a shaved head I don't think twice about it, because he still looks cool. I don't even have a thought that he might be losing his hair. When I see a white guy or lighter complected guy with a shaved head, I think damn, this dude is going bald. Right off the top of my head I can't name one light guy that I think looks cool with a shaved head.

As far as your comments about this message board being a depressing place sometimes, I agree with you. I came to this board to gain knowledge about hair loss and how to reverse or stop it. I did find a good amount of information. On the other hand, there are a select few on here that do make the site very depressing. They come here to create fear for every hair loss treatment available. Not sure if they lost the hair loss battle, or if they are even willing to fight it out of fear, but they do their best to bring everybody into the same boat(anger, depression, self loathing) as they are.

I think overall this is a very good site to visit as long as you don't get too caught up in the threads which spread depression or fear. At least for me it gives me an opportunity to understand how other guys are dealing with losing their hair. Some of the threads started are pretty ridiculous though. I am not going to lie, sometimes I leave here feeling worse about my appearance then before I decided to log on to BTT.

Quote Originally Posted by ManghisKhan View Post
    It was this thread that made me realize that the depressing theme of this site is ridiculous and I can no longer post here or even lurk here due to the delusional depressing posts.
    It's only a handful of guys that live in that bubble, but their posts are the most eye-catching due to their absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by ManghisKhan View Post
    A few parting questions: Do white and/or short guys make up the majority of the posters here? Does race and height have a correlation with how down you feel about your hair loss? Do people here workout and eat right?
    5'11, white (some hispanic background), decent shape, decent face.

I work-out and eat right. I just want to enjoy what's left of my youth with hair to maximize my presentation. For me, the fact that I hang with a really pretentious crowd makes me a bit more troubled about my apperance.